KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » Sam Raimi talks "Spider-man 4"

Sam Raimi talks "Spider-man 4"
Started by: The Ones

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ones
Death Eater

Sam Raimi talks "Spider-man 4"

Along with Maguire, Dunst and other recurring cast members, Raimi is signed on to make Spider-Man 3, due out in May 2007. Raimi is uncertain whether he will stick around to direct future Spider-Man movies if the franchise continues beyond that.

"As long as I'm interested in the character and have a real curiosity toward what happens to him, I know it's the right picture. And the moment I don't feel that, when I'm less interested in him, I don't want to touch it with a 10-foot flag pole, because I'd be the wrong guy. It would be a terrible failure," Raimi said.

"People wouldn't like it. I've got to be very, very interested to make a great picture, and I want to try to make a great picture out of Spider-Man. So I could only answer that question after the third one."

In his self-deprecating way, Raimi adds a final thought on his prospects for directing Spider-Man 4.

"Or what might happen is, I make the third one, and I might say, 'You know what, I'm very interested in making the fourth one,' and the audience says, 'We really wish you wouldn't.' That's the other way in which I might not be making the movie."

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 05:47 PM
The Ones is currently offline Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOne101
Pissin Off the System

sounds like a plan. i cant wait. i know it will be good as long as they dont show the same things in all movies. gotta be new villans and people and such.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 06:16 PM
TheOne101 is currently offline Click here to Send TheOne101 a Private Message Find more posts by TheOne101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wuTa

the chick wo plays mary jane has said the 3rd film will be here last one...she's not gonna make a 4th so that be cool if they introduce betty in the 3rd one and have her have a relationship with parker......that would suck if raimi left i think he's doin a good job..he's stayin true to the comics some other director could want his own vision and completey f*ck it up

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 06:36 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

I'd rather have Mary Jane, but considerring I find it incredibly hard to find Kirsten Dunst attractive (she looks 14 years old), I'd rather have Betty Brant replace her. It's a backwards idea in terms of story, but man, that chick who played Betty Brant in the first movie was HOT!

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 06:40 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spiderman_RJ

indeed she is very hot.......but calm down people felicia hardy is introduced in the second movie so she can come as black cat (maybe) on the third.......or they may left a way for her coming in the fourth, so spiderman and black cat could date on the bigf screen (erc) althoug the actress is also hot/!!!!!!!!!!!1

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 09:05 PM
Spiderman_RJ is currently offline Click here to Send Spiderman_RJ a Private Message Find more posts by Spiderman_RJ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOne101
Pissin Off the System

red superfly you said betty was introduced in the first movie? i dont recall this? and spiderman rj how do you know blackcat is in S2?

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 10:00 PM
TheOne101 is currently offline Click here to Send TheOne101 a Private Message Find more posts by TheOne101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

Yeah, Betty Brant is the girl that says "Welcome to the Daily Bugle"

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 10:38 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

Here's the chick that plays Betty Brant in the movie. Her name is Elizabeth Banks. Hot huh?

Attachment: spidey10.jpg
This has been downloaded 195 time(s).

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 10:45 PM
Red Superfly

Now, isn't she a lot hotter than Kirsten Dunst?

Attachment: spidey11.jpg
This has been downloaded 182 time(s).

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 10:46 PM
wuTa

she is...but didnt she have darker hair in the movie?

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 10:48 PM
wuTa is currently offline Click here to Send wuTa a Private Message Find more posts by wuTa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

Yeah here's a good picture of who Betty Brant is.

She looks almost exactly like her comic book character.

Attachment: elizabeth-banks-9.jpg
This has been downloaded 173 time(s).

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 10:53 PM
Red Superfly

Peter, what are you waiting for????

Attachment: elizabeth-banks-8.jpg
This has been downloaded 163 time(s).

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 10:54 PM
wuTa

yea thats who i thought it was....thats a good pick but she looks hotter when your watching the movie

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 10:55 PM
Red Superfly

Yeah, she has a sexy voice too.

I'm glad I turned this into the Betty Brant topic.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 11:04 PM
wuTa

hey i brought her up..at least gimme a lil credit

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 11:14 PM
Red Superfly

OK then. WuTa turned it into the Betty Brant topic.

*points moderators in WuTa's direction*

Heh heh, all is going to plan. Good, good.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 11:20 PM
Marcellus
executioner

she is a lot better lookin than Dunst, I dont care for Kirsten

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 11:21 PM
Marcellus is currently offline Click here to Send Marcellus a Private Message Find more posts by Marcellus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

Time for Red Superfly's fact for the day:

Did you know that Elizabeth Banks (Betty Brant) and Tobey Macquire (Peter Parker) both starred together in the movie Seabiscuit together?

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 11:24 PM
wuTa

quote:
Originally posted by Red Superfly
OK then. WuTa turned it into the Betty Brant topic.

*points moderators in WuTa's direction*

Heh heh, all is going to plan. Good, good.

laughing ..what would adam west say of this manipulation?

i knew spiderman wa a jockey but i didnt know betty brant was in that movie

Last edited by wuTa on Jun 28th, 2004 at 11:33 PM

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 11:28 PM
Red Superfly

Batman: "I shall feed this information into the bat-computer, old chum"

Bat-computer: "Red Superfly. Evil."

Batman: "Just as I suspected, to the Batmobile Dick!"

Robin: "Holy Conspiracy Batman!"

Old Post Jun 28th, 2004 11:37 PM