KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Bush calls for gay marriage ban

Bush calls for gay marriage ban
Started by: ash007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yerssot

a week or three ago I talked with an american overhere and he said something in the lines of that the states can still refuse to accept his law and can still accept gay-marriages

(if I'm wrong here, please correct me)

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 07:13 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Viper
The Mack Daddy of Funk

quote:
Originally posted by Raz
Pfft, who cars about religion?

Eh just about 5 billion people on the planet wink

Viper is currently offline Click here to Send Viper a Private Message Find more posts by Viper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote:
Originally posted by Raz

This would be a problem for Christian homosexuals- marriage is more than just a civil thing for such people.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Feb 24th, 2004 at 07:18 PM

Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

quote:
Originally posted by Viper
Eh just about 5 billion people on the planet wink

try 3... max stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 07:14 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
a week or three ago I talked with an american overhere and he said something in the lines of that the states can still refuse to accept his law and can still accept gay-marriages

(if I'm wrong here, please correct me)
He wants to make a consituational changes, so it would be binding.

Plus he would need around 75% voting FOR this amendment. Not sure how likely that would be.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 07:16 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

quote:
Originally posted by Raz

more then you know

Made by the awesome transforming Hegemon
Don't mess with The Force, because I ownz you. -The Force

Crazy Christian all over your candy arse.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 07:18 PM
The Force is currently offline Click here to Send The Force a Private Message Find more posts by The Force Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Viper
The Mack Daddy of Funk

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
try 3... max stick out tongue

There's over a billion Muslims, somewhere around 2 billion Christians, 1 billion Hindus, half a billion Buddists, and probably about half a billion other, smaller religions.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 07:19 PM
Viper is currently offline Click here to Send Viper a Private Message Find more posts by Viper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

quote:
Originally posted by The Force
more then you know
Religion is evil. It causes more problems then it solves.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 07:21 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tazman
Taz's World

First of all I respect everyone's opinions and beliefs even if they differ from mine. I just ask that you respect mine.

I think it's possible for a person to 'love' another person of the same sex. The passions of the heart can be the same between a homosexual couple and a heterosexual couple. That part of it can not and will not be disputed, at least by me.

By my belief and opinion is that it shouldn't be made legal. That doesn't mean I hate the people or think any less of them, I just don't agree with what they do. Personally if two people of the same sex want to parade around as a couple, that's their business. But for them to want the same privileges and stature of a marriage by Law I find to be wrong.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 07:22 PM
tazman is currently offline Click here to Send tazman a Private Message Find more posts by tazman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

quote:
Originally posted by Viper
There's over a billion Muslims, somewhere around 2 billion Christians, 1 billion Hindus, half a billion Buddists, and probably about half a billion other, smaller religions.

and how many ACTIVE?
I in example am still in the christian registers but I am in no way christian

hmm, but we should stay clear of religion

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 07:23 PM
Nienna
nonexistent

It can cause alot of problems...Bush takes Christianity too far, to the point where I groan and want to scream. (and me being the religious one) Ugh...I don't want gay ppl to be banned from marrying! It's not right.

Last edited by Nienna on Feb 24th, 2004 at 07:26 PM

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 07:23 PM
Nienna is currently offline Click here to Send Nienna a Private Message Find more posts by Nienna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
Originally posted by Raz

Not always Raz, remenber there are holy (Missionares) ppl who help less fortunate families in the skid rows, ghettos, slumbs (sorry for using those terms) so Religion does help with certain problems.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 07:24 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

quote:
Originally posted by tazman
First of all I respect everyone's opinions and beliefs even if they differ from mine. I just ask that you respect mine.

I think it's possible for a person to 'love' another person of the same sex. The passions of the heart can be the same between a homosexual couple and a heterosexual couple. That part of it can not and will not be disputed, at least by me.

By my belief and opinion is that it shouldn't be made legal. That doesn't mean I hate the people or think any less of them, I just don't agree with what they do. Personally if two people of the same sex want to parade around as a couple, that's their business. But for them to want the same privileges and stature of a marriage by Law I find to be wrong.
You ask for respect over something you can control.

But you do not give respect to something people cannot control.

Why do you think it's wrong?

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 07:25 PM
The Force
Holy Hypocrits!

quote:
Originally posted by Raz

it depends on which religion your talking about, what problems does Christianity cause?

Made by the awesome transforming Hegemon
Don't mess with The Force, because I ownz you. -The Force

Crazy Christian all over your candy arse.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 07:26 PM
The Force is currently offline Click here to Send The Force a Private Message Find more posts by The Force Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer
Not always Raz, remenber there are holy (Missionares) ppl who help less fortunate families in the skid rows, ghettos, slumbs (sorry for using those terms) so Religion does help with certain problems.
So they only help people because their religion tells them so. Maybe they need help.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 07:27 PM
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer

yeah...i think they were the same people who started the Crusades and killed thousands and thousands of people in the Name of God.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 07:27 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

quote:
Originally posted by The Force
it depends on which religion your talking about, what problems does Christianity cause?
Mate, you might want to read up on your history.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 07:28 PM
Viper
The Mack Daddy of Funk

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
yeah...i think they were the same people who started the Crusades and killed thousands and thousands of people in the Name of God.

And if they weren't fighting over God they would be fighting over money, land, or pretty much anything else.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 07:28 PM
lil bitchiness
-

Re: Bush calls for gay marriage ban

quote:
Originally posted by ash007
President Bush proposes a constitutional amendment - the first for many years - to prohibit same-sex unions.

Ok guys what do you think i know we had threads about this before but they were closed becuase people started to insult each other lets keep this clean and nice please smile

I think gay couples should be allowed to marry. When two people love each other they should be able to tie the knot regardless of their gender. I challenge anyone to give me one good, rational reason why this should not be the case. The religious beliefs of the few should not control the law.

Ok thats all

please keep it clean and hopefully the mods will be nice enough not to close it smile

I agree!

Im not sure why bush is doing that...maybe because majority of Americans are Catolics, so hes trying to win that group over for the next ellections...confused

Marrage between two people any sex should be allowed...i dont understand why it should not be? I dont understand the reason behind it...its not harming anyone...why should it be illegal.
It is also, in my openion moraly right....so...i fail understand the problem.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 07:30 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

atleast money, land and pretty much everything else have material value. God doesn't put a roof over my head or food on my plate....i do

Old Post Feb 24th, 2004 07:30 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote