KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Troy (2004)

How will this movie turn out?
This poll is closed.
I think it will be great! 8 66.67%
I think it will be okay. 3 25.00%
I think it will be lame. 0 0%
Don't know, too early to tell. 1 8.33%
Total: 12 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Troy (2004)
Started by: BlueStarlight

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (33): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kes
Philie

Ladies...this is the Troy thread!

Old Post Sep 24th, 2003 05:24 PM
Kes is currently offline Click here to Send Kes a Private Message Find more posts by Kes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

and we are discussing troy whistle

Old Post Sep 24th, 2003 05:29 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

WE are talking about Troy! Agamemnon is a big part of it! I was just saying that Johnny would make good agamemnon....and i dont think Acilles should be Brad Pitt...he might do a good job...dunno....

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Sep 24th, 2003 05:38 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

im happy with paris winkwhistle

Old Post Sep 24th, 2003 05:46 PM
silver_tears is currently offline Click here to Send silver_tears a Private Message Find more posts by silver_tears Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

laughing

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Sep 24th, 2003 05:54 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
romilos

Hellow to everybody,
my name is Romilos (honestly!), I'm a 33 years old Greek, livin' and wokin' as illustrator in Greek capitol, Athens...
Well, do you likes acient epic stories, myths etc., or you just followin' your favour actor/actress "footsteps" to every new movie they play?
If you DO like acient epic stories, myths, let me fill you up with this one...
First of all, there was the... BARD! The poet Homer. Between 900-800 BC, acient Greece ("HELLADA") allready had a great civilization, culture. There're a lot of separate Realms, but not a united Kingdom. Because they loved to dance, sings and play/listen music, Greeks ("HELLINES") prefered to learn about anything from songs/poems. So, there're a lot of poets/bards, making travels from here to there, all over the region. With their "guitar" (Lyre), they sang their poems...
One of the Major acient poets, was Homer. Born between 900-800 BC in Chio island, near the Ionian Coast of Asia Minor, he wrote two magnificent HUGE epic poems, ILIAD ("Iliada") and Odyssey ("Odyssya"). Historics says that Homer ACTUALLY lived the "Troyan War", because they plot the "incident" between 900-800 BC also. In addition, they believes that Homer wrote the two poems in this order, because he liked to hear every details from the war but ALSO from his adventurous return, from ULYSSES ("Odysseas") himself!...
ODYSSEY says about the tremendous journay back home, from Troy to Ithaca island, of ULYSSES King of Ithaca. He spent ten (!) whole years to finally arrived to his island, because of NEPTUNE ("Poseidon") God of Seas - he really hate him, because MINERVA ("Athina") Goddess of Wisdom loved and protect him...

... - TO BE CONTINUE - ...

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 11:28 AM
romilos is currently offline Click here to Send romilos a Private Message Find more posts by romilos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
romilos

About the "Homers' Iliada" myth... PART 2

...ILIAD ("Iliada")...
It's about a huge United Campaign-"Crusade", of mainland Greeks ("ACHAEANS") against Ionian Greek of Asia Minor ("TROYANS"). "Achaeans" was ALL the "Dorian" Greek tribes that moved & lived in Greece. "Troyans" was the Ionian Greeks that lived in a settlement of villages/towns, NorthWest in Asian Minor Coast. They were all Greeks, but from DEFFERENT culture! They dislike each other...
The Myth goes like this...
..."MENELAOS, the Sparta's King and brother of Argos' King AGAMEMNON, had a royal party. Many royals and nobles from every places, came to the party. One of them was PARIS, prince and the youngest son of PRIAMOS, King of Troy ("Trya"). Menelaos had a wife - obviously, the most beautiful Greek lady, Helen the Beautiful ("Heleni")... Paris was a immature young boy, dazzled from the beauty of Helen and court her all night. Finally, he succeeded! Helen responded to his love and Paris decide to kidnap her!!! Together, they drove back to Troy!... And what about the "poor" Menelaos? As a cheated husband and SPARTIAN (Beleave me, you REALLY shouldn't pist off an acient Spartian - better to kiss a bear!), with his brother King AGAMEMNON he claim war against the Troyans! Now, the two cities SPARTA and ARGOS became a powerfull alliance! And together, they forced the other Kings to replay and join the alliance. So they did it! A POWERFULL Campaign organized! Every Realm send warriors and ships, leaded by their lords.
The Semi-God "ACHILLEAS of Mirmidons" with his best life-time friend PATROKLOS and their Mighty Mirmidon warriors, ULYSSES the Foxy with his troops, DEOMIDES the Powerfull (A "Conan" type of man) with his men, old-NESTOR the Wise and... SO-SO MANY OTHERS!!!...

... - TO BE CONTINUE - ...

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 12:27 PM
romilos is currently offline Click here to Send romilos a Private Message Find more posts by romilos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
romilos

About the "Homers' Iliada" myth... PART 3

...This HUGE Army/Fleet gathered at a coast called "Havlida". There, they started to makin' sacrifices to the Gods, to favor their journay. But the Gods were separated in two. Some liked the Achaeans, some the Troyans. Unfortunately, ZEUS ("Dias") King of Gods... liked the Troyans!!! So, he didn't favor Achaeans' sacrifices! Except,... if King AGAMEMNON's daughter HEFIGENIA, sacrificed herself! After terrible fights between AGAMEMNON and the Rest of Achaeans, Hefigenia decides to do it! But the Gods regrets, they took her in Zeus' Palace among them, swap her with a goat and FINALLY favor their campain!
They travel to the Troyan Coast and they faced another dilemma... The prophecy said that "the first invader who
steps on the Troyan shore, he will INSTANTLY drop dead!". None of the Achaeans deside to step on the shore, certain
about their doom. Except a fearless and brave warrior, PROTESILAUS ("Head-point man"). He took deep breath... and
drop from the ship's deck to the shore! And he died...
The Allied Army encamp near the shore, guardin' the fleet. The campaign just began..."

And after ten year of sieging Troy,... well, don't you like to watch the film? I'll leave the story right there.
Wait until Spring of 2004. The sequence is tremendous!

That's all folks. May the movie stand worthy up to this GREATEST, EPIC STORY...

See ya!

Romilos Fronimides
e-mail: [email protected]

Attachment: odysseas.jpg
This has been downloaded 69 time(s).

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 12:57 PM
romilos

About the "TROY" the movie...

Hello again,
do anybody knows an official site of the movie? I mean, I REALLY want to read and see the OFFICIAL FEATURES, to compare the original/right armour/clothes/weaponry/structures with the movie's ones...
For example, the illustration that I attached is ULYSSES, with the ORIGINAL armour/haircut/weaponry. Historics says that's probably the right picture of an Achaean warrior...

Do anybody knows such a site?

Thank you.

PS1.: For everybody who wonders about a sequel of "TROY" (obviously
a "ODYSSEY" movie) THERE'S THE BEST "ODYSSEY" ALLREADY
DIRECTED!!! It's a TV film (never show in a theatre) with Armant
Asantes as ULYSSES, Isabella Roselini as Goddess HERA, et.
IT'S FANTASTIC!!! THE MOST ORIGINAL FILM EVER CREATED FOR
GREEK MYTHOLOGY!!! Look to a video-store and get it!

PS2.: The CORRECT e-mail is: [email protected]

Last edited by romilos on Sep 25th, 2003 at 02:11 PM

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 01:28 PM
SlayerChick
Hot Chick w/ Superpowers

sorry there are no official Troy sites but if you check out IMDB.com they have some sites with pics

here a fan-made picture of Orlando as Paris that i found! not too bad... wink

Attachment: parismanip.jpg
This has been downloaded 60 time(s).

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 07:43 PM
SlayerChick is currently offline Click here to Send SlayerChick a Private Message Find more posts by SlayerChick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Who is gonna be Helen?!?!?! We wanna knwo who will Orlando Bloom be all smoochy with?! .....for a while at least.....blink

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 10:55 PM
silver_tears

mad grrrrrrrrr i dont wanna know that miffedsad
and that pic of orli is sexy love

Old Post Sep 25th, 2003 10:59 PM
CandyKoRn
In Orlando Blooms Pant's

Diane kruger is playing the chick .....

Happy Dance Go Banana Go Banana! Go! Go! Happy Dance

Old Post Sep 26th, 2003 12:55 AM
CandyKoRn is currently offline Click here to Send CandyKoRn a Private Message Find more posts by CandyKoRn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
silver_tears

damn her madmad

Old Post Sep 26th, 2003 09:14 PM
lil bitchiness
-

hahaha..Kruger....awww...now that im jealous about! I wanna be helen!!! I want Orlando to travel half way arround the world to 'steal me away' and bring me to his kingdom!!!!!!
Steal me away from Johnny and the Johnny steels me away from him after 10 years...AHHH get the best from both world...
Thats my own little Troy story...no one better ruins it miffed *glare*
lol

Old Post Sep 26th, 2003 10:56 PM
silver_tears

*steals story and lives with gorgy men* im sorry couldnt give that up angel

Old Post Sep 26th, 2003 11:56 PM
lil bitchiness
-

miffed im using your glare...to glare....grrrrr arrrrrg!!
lol
Troy should be a good film..or so i heard...it would be even better if they let me do the casting! angel

Old Post Sep 27th, 2003 12:32 AM
silver_tears

if they let me do the costume fittings whistle

Old Post Sep 27th, 2003 12:41 AM
lil bitchiness
-

laughing

Old Post Sep 27th, 2003 12:56 AM
silver_tears

ill make sure they wear very tight pants and that well orlis pants would happen to split during one of the scenes love

Old Post Sep 27th, 2003 01:26 AM