KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Signature Forum » Signature Help/Tutorials

Signature Help/Tutorials
Started by: Peach

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (99): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Krexo

Adobe Sig tutorial (No pictures, so ask if you dont follow)

1)Create a new image of 355 by 115 Pixels with a white background

2)filter > render > clouds

3)Get out your grunge/abstract brushes and brush around a bit. Make new layers ( ctrl + shift + n ) too bursh in, make around 4 until it looks decent. If you dont have any brushes yet, get them at..

http://brushes.deviantart.com/

To install (ZIP file) click download and select save. When the d/l is finished click open. You have to have winzip. Extract the files to ' C drive > Prog files > Adobe > Adobe (what ever version your using, EG 7.0) > Presets > Brushes.

The open up adobe,select the brush tool and bring down the option on the left,see the little arrow? click that, go to load brushes and load the ones you d/l

If its an ABR file, skip straight to loading them up.

4) Once you have a decent background, open up the picture you want.

5) change its size till it fits .

6) Grab the Lasso tool with a 10px feather (at the top) and go round the image quickly. edit > cut.

7) click on your background and edit > paste. Move it around to where you want.

8) In your layers settings, set the render layer (the picture you just pasted) to 30%. Duplicate it (right click > duplicate layer) On that layer set the blending mode to soft light. Select the original layer to luminosity.

9) Merge layers, click on your BG layer and press ' ctrl + shift + E '

10) Now your pictures blended nicely. Press Ctrl + B to bring up the colour balance option. Player about with it until you get what you want. Dont make the Shadows and Highlights too hight though.

11) Now for your border. Take your rectangle marquee tool and make a new layer (ctrl + shift + n) right click (with the marquee tool) and select ' select all' Now, right click again and select stroke. And option will come up. Select 1 px colour black and 'inside'. Click Ok

12) merge layers (ctrl + e)

13) Add what ever txt you want (Use same colour as background, then go to layer> layer style > stroke and select 1 px, and colour Black.

There, your done. You should now have a nice simple sig in adobe smile

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 06:50 PM
Krexo is currently offline Click here to Send Krexo a Private Message Find more posts by Krexo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Krexo

(please log in to view the image)

Here are just three i made with the technique above (i did alot more though)

Progs I use are..

Adobe PS 7.0
Cinema 4d
Bryce 5.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2004 06:57 PM
Krexo is currently offline Click here to Send Krexo a Private Message Find more posts by Krexo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~*Angel_Wingz*~

ur sigs r really good krexo!

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 02:18 PM
~*Angel_Wingz*~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~*Angel_Wingz*~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~*Angel_Wingz*~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Krexo

Thanks =) Soon to be Graphic designer,haha. Well, after I take the course next year in collage (taking a year out)

If anyone needs help with Adobe just PM me or post it here

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 04:06 PM
~*Angel_Wingz*~

i use paint shop pro butn im not very good..

Old Post Oct 26th, 2004 06:05 PM
~*Angel_Wingz*~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~*Angel_Wingz*~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~*Angel_Wingz*~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shanes_lil_minx

hey,

im really struggling here!

i just got psp 9 and wanna make ma own sinatures with a few different images blended together end to end but haven't got the first idea where to start!

any 1 who knows can either pm me or email me @ [email protected]. but i really do kneed a step by step tutorial as in which files to open changing sizes ect ect.

please help me xxxxxxxxxx

Old Post Nov 5th, 2004 05:41 PM
shanes_lil_minx is currently offline Click here to Send shanes_lil_minx a Private Message Find more posts by shanes_lil_minx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Where can I get good swatches to download for PSP 8? smile

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 12:04 AM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
«§hõnknêss»

Kazza

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: You see, when we left Jack, marooned on the ship with a cuffed wrist and a hungry kraken, we forgot one very important thing mate-he's Captain Jack Sparrow... savvy?

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 10:19 AM
«§hõnknêss» is currently offline Click here to Send «§hõnknêss» a Private Message Find more posts by «§hõnknêss» Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

hey i just downloades PSP8 and i must ask, how do i like cut a part of a picture and paste it in another picture?

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 04:56 PM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Use the free selection tool (the one that looks like a lasso) and trace around the area you want to cut out, then just paste it into the other image.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 14th, 2004 05:14 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

wuts a lasso???
embarrasment

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 02:48 AM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Here, I screencapped the screen so you can see what I'm talking about...the screencap is from PSP7 (which is what I have) but essentially should be the same.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 04:39 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

oh k

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 09:39 AM
Cepheus

I'll try it

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 09:40 AM
dgeniu

I have a problem with my image signature---it is a plain pic with Prince of Persia, scaled down to fit---no Photoshop enhancement, just a pic I uploaded as signature and they confirm the size is OK, they say it is my signature, but it doesn`t work--it never follows my signature text as it should....Why?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 05:02 PM
dgeniu is currently offline Click here to Send dgeniu a Private Message Find more posts by dgeniu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Did you take the img code that you're given when you upload the image and put that into your signature?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 05:14 PM
dgeniu

Okay, this is the problem, for sure...errr what does this code look like and where might I find it? (I feel so stupid asking this!)

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 05:37 PM
dgeniu is currently offline Click here to Send dgeniu a Private Message Find more posts by dgeniu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Go to Edit Profile > Upload custom signature image, and upload the image you want. It'll then give you a code that looks like this:

[IMG ]http://images.killermovies.com/forums/user_sigs/customsig_16957_GV.gif[ /IMG]

Except there won't be spaces. You then copy this code and enter it in the signature field on the edit profile page.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 05:46 PM
dgeniu

Thank you so very much! Pic looks nice, eh?

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 06:40 PM
Peach
mordrem

You're welcome!!!

thumb up

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 06:42 PM