KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » The Suggestion Thread

The Suggestion Thread
Started by: Raz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (334): « First ... « 329 330 [331] 332 333 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
immaturerainbow
Straight V I B I N G

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
[quickquote=14088679](auto quote)[/quickquote

lol. Maintain your vigil!

Okay, wow. Memories of being Tecknoyashi on here have been restored. I remember you.

Old Post Nov 13th, 2012 11:05 PM
immaturerainbow is currently offline Click here to Send immaturerainbow a Private Message Find more posts by immaturerainbow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Originally posted by immaturerainbow
Okay, wow. Memories of being Tecknoyashi on here have been restored. I remember you.

I can't claim to remember you I'm afraid!

Old Post Nov 18th, 2012 05:28 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
immaturerainbow
Straight V I B I N G

Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
I can't claim to remember you I'm afraid!

I was often in the KMC Coven roleplaying.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2012 05:14 AM
immaturerainbow is currently offline Click here to Send immaturerainbow a Private Message Find more posts by immaturerainbow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

Is there a problem with the signature uploader?

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Feb 4th, 2013 03:02 PM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

How is Raz not the first registered user on this site? Did it exist before he became the Admin?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Apr 5th, 2013 03:19 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker
Thorin Fan Club President

If I remember correctly someone else made the forum and handed it off to Raz sometime in 2001. It was originally just a SW forum and sometime later it was made the Official Forum for Killermovies.com.

You'd have to ask Ken though, he's really the only person still around from that time that would know.

please respond to my PM Thorin

Old Post Apr 9th, 2013 05:32 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Barker
If I remember correctly someone else made the forum and handed it off to Raz sometime in 2001. It was originally just a SW forum and sometime later it was made the Official Forum for Killermovies.com.

You'd have to ask Ken though, he's really the only person still around from that time that would know.

Ushgarak would be the most knowledgeable. This was before my time. I've heard the story a couple times, but my memory is spotty at best, so I don't want to tell something false.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2013 08:47 PM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Raz had a Star Wars forum at episode-ii.co.uk. This was converted into the forums for KMC, run by Raz's associate Zed, and so Zed was the first registered member as he had to create them as attached to his site. Plus there can always be test accounts and what-not.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 10th, 2013 12:35 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker

Can one of the globals please step into the OTF and clear up some of the spam threads? There are tons of threads with 0-5ish posts that could be merged or taken care of.

I know not having many posts isn't grounds for closing (and I know threads are rarely outright deleted on KMC) but come on.. something needs to be done. There's a guy spamming his songs in separate threads every few days too.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2013 09:42 PM
Barker is currently offline Click here to Send Barker a Private Message Find more posts by Barker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Barker
Can one of the globals please step into the OTF and clear up some of the spam threads? There are tons of threads with 0-5ish posts that could be merged or taken care of.

I know not having many posts isn't grounds for closing (and I know threads are rarely outright deleted on KMC) but come on.. something needs to be done. There's a guy spamming his songs in separate threads every few days too.

I've reported that guy many times and jack shit happens. He's even spamming his website in his signature and that used to be a big no no. I got in trouble with Raz for doing that back in the day.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2013 05:10 AM
LanceWindu is currently offline Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

First of all, I am not seeing anything close to a spam problem in the OTF beyond that which the OTF is meant to cater for in the first place. One thread every few days is nothing; if he was spamming ten an hour we'd have an issue.

Secondly, the rules clearly state that linking to a website in your signature is allowed, unless they are forums. It's not as if the guy is a spam bot; he can link to his own site. There are exceptions to that done on a case-by-case basis depending on the situation, but the default is that they are fine.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 26th, 2013 09:47 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Originally posted by Ushgarak
First of all, I am not seeing anything close to a spam problem in the OTF beyond that which the OTF is meant to cater for in the first place. One thread every few days is nothing; if he was spamming ten an hour we'd have an issue.

Secondly, the rules clearly state that linking to a website in your signature is allowed, unless they are forums. It's not as if the guy is a spam bot; he can link to his own site. There are exceptions to that done on a case-by-case basis depending on the situation, but the default is that they are fine.

What about the fact that his threads are specifically threads about his music? They should be in the music forum.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2013 03:42 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

I think they'd be a far bigger spam problem in the Music area than in the OTF.

BtVS

Old Post Apr 26th, 2013 05:02 PM
LanceWindu

EDIT: Never mind, it won't happen anyways.

Last edited by LanceWindu on Apr 26th, 2013 at 07:45 PM

Old Post Apr 26th, 2013 07:38 PM
ODG

Please re-enable the search function.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Jun 19th, 2013 08:13 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Probably have been suggested before but here's an idea;

any poster who gets permanently banned has a chance to come back under a different account and explain to the mods why they shouldn't have been banned. They're given 21 days to do this and they manage to successfully do it, they'll have their old account restored. But if they post in another topic within those 21 days, they're permanently banned for good and is not given anymore chances.

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 12:15 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

you dont need to create new account to contact mods.
I was perm banned. and got my acc back. erm

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Jul 11th, 2013 04:23 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bro SMASH

Then how did you get your account back if you was permanently banned?

http://th07.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2012/358/5/d/ultimate_crossover_by_vanishingwalker-d5kg5ey.jpg

Old Post Jul 12th, 2013 04:21 AM
Bro SMASH is currently offline Click here to Send Bro SMASH a Private Message Find more posts by Bro SMASH Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barker

Originally posted by Bro SMASH
Then how did you get your account back if you was permanently banned?

She contacted the mods without socking, they came to an agreement, and her account was unbanned.

I don't know how well you know the global mods, but I have a handful of people from KMC on social media. I could easily contact the right people if I chose to shitpost enough to warrant a ban.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2013 04:55 PM
Impediment
Endless

Attachment: raztroll.jpg
This has been downloaded 72 time(s).

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Aug 18th, 2013 09:15 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote