KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Is Islam holding Arab Nations back

Is Islam holding Arab Nations back
Started by: ash007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
finti

quote:
In both Islam and Christianity you can find stuff that says women are inferior to men
thats just common knowledge so they are both right

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 06:01 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Yers> The point was trying to confuse you! big grin
No, seriously though. The point isn’t what religion’s been used to make the most atrocities. The point is that any religion (aside from Buddhism I think) has been used by politicians to wage wars against other people. So essentially it’s pointless to go about it historically.

Finti> Why so scared of women? We don't bite wink

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Aug 13th, 2004 10:56 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
Finti> Why so scared of women? We don't bite
i wish that was true

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 06:28 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

quote:
Originally posted by The Omega
Yers> The point was trying to confuse you! big grin
No, seriously though. The point isn’t what religion’s been used to make the most atrocities. The point is that any religion (aside from Buddhism I think) has been used by politicians to wage wars against other people. So essentially it’s pointless to go about it historically.

I partly agree... but some people claim to be the leaders from a religion, saying that they get their powers directly from god and are the highest power on earth...

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 10:32 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

it is whan you mix political ideas with religious idealistic you got trouble brewing

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 11:07 AM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Yerssot> Some people are insane. Some just know how to (ab)use a situation to their own advantage. Prior to the first Western war against Iraq in 1991 (I think) Hussein wasn’t the least bit religious it seemed. Suddenly he was all over TV bowing towards Mecca and calling for Holy War.

Finti> Ay!

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 03:53 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

holy war sounds like the work of another ...western presi...person

doesn't take away of course that there are lines in almost every religious book that are full of prejudices/hate/ ...

Old Post Aug 14th, 2004 03:57 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

I think that a president shouldn't have his religion mixed with his work wink
too bad that some president mix them both and make holy wars and stuff, but i think they're absurd, if you want to be a christian be one if you wanna be a jew be one if you wanna b a friggin islamic hell b one! but i think is stupid the fact that they both get mixed up wink

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 03:00 PM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote