KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » next bond's nationality?

next bond's nationality?
Started by: muntox

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Evy_O
don't let go

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
but we don't talk about that movie, cause it's not Bond related stick out tongue

like everything else we talk about is laughing out loud

quote:
Originally posted by Kaleanae
Apu's last name? No, that's he's last name smile

well, oops, sorry didn't know embarrasment stick out tongue

shallow me, then spit me out
for hating you I blame myself
seeing you it kills me now
no, I don't cry on the outside anymore...

Old Post May 5th, 2004 09:33 PM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

actually, pretty much everything is on topic stick out tongue

Old Post May 5th, 2004 09:43 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evy_O
don't let go

sure it is yes
I hope no mod visits this place

Old Post May 5th, 2004 10:37 PM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

nope, kes once every blue moon

but lets get the topic back: any english speaking country, minus the USA and to a lesser extend NZ

Old Post May 5th, 2004 10:40 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EllaMarie
Lover of Things UK

Yes - absolutely James Bond should be from the UK. Note that although some of the actors came from outside of England - (e.g., Pierce Brosnan), they can handle a British "accent" even though they hail from Ireland or Scotland or Wales. Please excuse my lack of political geography - but aren't Australia and New Zealand still part of the UK? Anyway - many of the Brits do well at imitating the bland American "accent" also. It's all a matter of training - which I strongly believe the Brits get the best theatrical / artistic training, from the talent I've seen come out of there in the last 25 years.

What did Sean Connery sounded like in the earlier Bond films (I don't recall)???

Old Post May 6th, 2004 05:51 AM
EllaMarie is currently offline Click here to Send EllaMarie a Private Message Find more posts by EllaMarie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

don't worry EM... lots of people here have a lack of that political geography big grin (when I write England, I almost every time mean Great Brittain or the UK)

if I'm not mistaken, Australia and NZ are part of the Commonwealth, so, they are half and half part of the UK, than again, this is guessing messed

Sean sounded rather normal at the start, the "sh" sound like in Indiana Jones ("I'm shorry 'bout your head") came on later, more in Never Say Never Again, but that movie doesn't count wink

Old Post May 6th, 2004 01:16 PM
Evy_O
don't let go

Sean Connery's accent was class thumb up Even though not exactly british big grin

Old Post May 7th, 2004 11:43 AM
yerssot

at first it was shon stick out tongue

Old Post May 7th, 2004 04:52 PM
EllaMarie
Lover of Things UK

I read recently that the James Bond character was "born" somewhere in Scotland - but raised in England... I thik most Scots can do a Brit accent or Irish or vice versa - actors, that is...

"Whoever" it is - would work with a dialect coach likely (if necessary) - many an American had to be "trained" to be "English" - like Gywneth Paltrow and Renee Zelwegger (bridget jones' diary) - not sure how WELL they sounded, but anyway...

I''m obviously from North America - and I believe the actor to play James Bond MUST must be from the UK. It's key to credibility, I think.

Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance

Attachment: adrianwhite.jpg
This has been downloaded 30 time(s).

Old Post May 7th, 2004 05:24 PM
EllaMarie is currently offline Click here to Send EllaMarie a Private Message Find more posts by EllaMarie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

not sure about the books, but the guy has scottish roots. You can see that cause he wore a kilt in OHMSS smile

that brings me to the other thing: Lazenby was australian, so he wasn't UK (though he lived there)

Old Post May 7th, 2004 05:26 PM
EllaMarie
Lover of Things UK

Ah yes, remember that Australia and New Zealand and even Canada were all once part of the British Commonwealth. (Canada took back certain authority from the Queen - but there's still enough of a connection that we have a "Governer General" representative OF the Queen here in Canada.

I'm not sure of Aus. and NZ's current status - but all of us are included in the "Commonwealth Games" (kinda like the Olympics and the Pan-American Games).

Also, we have a lot of British actors in our Canadian theatres - and have had for longer than the Brits have been prominent in American theatre and movies.

Having noted all that... perhaps a CANADIAN should be JB?
roll eyes (sarcastic) laughing

That was only a JOKE! laughing laughing

Old Post May 7th, 2004 05:33 PM
Evy_O
don't let go

What's wrong with Canadians? confused

Old Post May 7th, 2004 06:54 PM
EllaMarie
Lover of Things UK

It was a joke because I AM CANADIAN - and no that wasn't an ad for Molson Canadian beer - haha! laughing out loud (that phrase is part of their ad campaign, for those who didn't know)

Are you Canadian, Evy-O???

I think most people don't realize how many actors and comedians are actually Canadian (especially comedians). Happy Dance thumb up

I can't fathom any that would suit the James Bond person, however. sad

Old Post May 7th, 2004 07:08 PM
Evy_O
don't let go

No, I'm not Canadian, I'm from Greece smile And btw you can call me just Evy, the O shouldn't have been there big grin
Well, how's Canadian accent? erm

Old Post May 7th, 2004 07:17 PM
EllaMarie
Lover of Things UK

Actually - I forgot one Canadian actor who is pretty good looking - fits the characteristics except I can't see him being "cold" or an "assassin"

Ever seen the American TV series "JAG"??? The lead character, Harmon Rabb, is Canadian:

Very handsome - but NOT James Bond IMO. I'll try a photo here:

Attachment: dje2.jpg
This has been downloaded 32 time(s).

Old Post May 7th, 2004 07:32 PM
EllaMarie
Lover of Things UK

OOOOOOPS! Wrong picture. Here's the guy from "JAG". The other picture was of him - but not "in context."

His real name is David James Elliott.

Attachment: jag2.jpg
This has been downloaded 32 time(s).

Old Post May 7th, 2004 07:34 PM
Evy_O
don't let go

no haven't heard of it unfortunately sad but he looks cute wink

Old Post May 7th, 2004 08:06 PM
EllaMarie
Lover of Things UK

I never know what's being shown in what part of the world. There are non-English / non-North American websites dedicated to "JAG" or David James Elliott (to my surprise) so I thought maybe it was showing "somewhere" in Europe.

Old Post May 7th, 2004 08:14 PM
yerssot

darn girl, when you said I AM CANADIAN, the word "molson" immediatly popped into mind, you beat me to it stick out tongue

yeah, saw jag.. most of the episodes that is... he's good, but definitly not bond material

Old Post May 7th, 2004 09:43 PM
EllaMarie
Lover of Things UK

Yerssot, how is it you would be so familiar with "Molson" beer? I thought you only tried Labatt's Blue while in Canada. Do you watch Canadian TV via satellite or something? Most of those commercials run during hockey games, also.

Hmmmmm... imagine James Bond playing hockey "under cover" - that would be a farce! wink (or any other sport for that matter)

Last edited by EllaMarie on May 8th, 2004 at 12:04 AM

Old Post May 8th, 2004 12:01 AM