KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Destiny

Destiny
Started by: s|m

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

quote:
Originally posted by Exabyte
No, I don't understand life. It's kinda hard to do so no expression I can only try to understand the reasons

Depends on your definition of "free".
Sure, theoretically, we could always choose what we want; but doesn't reality show us that this doesn't work?
We are always bound to some direction by things like morals, laws, prejudices, false knowledge et cetera;
If we had the possibility to really always choose freely, the human race would already have killed its own existence

I think it's impossible to decide about something without being biassed and influenced by others. We may tell ourselves that we can, but in my opinion that would be lying, denying our limits.

Do you really think that is true? I think you lack faith in your fellow man. People are genrally good and want the same things as you and i. That is happiness, enlightenment, and a comfortable living, as working to live aposed to living to work. Sure we get tied down and are sometimes forced into certain decisions, but then again are we truly forced? no. The mother or father who works two jobs and is barley making ends meet to support their two kids whom aee still in high school , is a powerfull example of freedom of choice. these people strive on day to day not because they necessarily have to, sure they could say screw it and go on welfare and live like all the other low lives that hard working people pay for, the same same low lives who live their entire lives on welfare and abuse the shit out of freedom of choice and sit on their ass, buy expensive clothes and groceris and still find shit to complain about the goverment and this country. No that mother or father struggles on so they can say they never had to rely on anyone else to reap what they have sewed, sure hard ache will follow this family for a long time , but as long as they continue on living this way, choosing to live as free as they can, fate will pay off one way or another, that is a gaurentee. What goes around comes around, hardache comes to vists,but doesnt last forever every choice you make is indeed a freedom, even if you want to spit all over it and convice yourself otherwise. heres a quote from jewel "poverty took away you'r golden shoe's, but diddnt steal your laughter" their is always a bright side, and always a choice.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2004 09:09 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"People are genrally good and want the same things as you and i. That is happiness, enlightenment, and a comfortable living"

People will do anything to get those things though, for the most part. So the fact that they want them doesn't mean they're good.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Aug 16th, 2004 05:50 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papaumau
Man of the world

If you have choices there is no fate !

If fate rules then you have no choices !

Look at life as the branch of a tree lying before you, where, as you walk along the thick branch you come to branches leading off in many directions. Each choice you make about which branch to walk along is a choice which was made to not walk along a different one.

If you believe in the multiple-dimension theory then maybe you DID choose to take that other path as another version of you and if you did then the destiny for each of those versions of you is a different one to your own.

That way each of the you's will have a different fate at the end of of the journey.

Then again...if you are stubborn about the idea of fate, you could say that every one of the you's is fated to take that different path by destiny.

If fate is in charge you cannot beat it no-matter what you do or what choices you make !

Click my sig'-pic' to go to my forum
and attached consumer website

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 12:44 PM
Papaumau is currently offline Click here to Send Papaumau a Private Message Find more posts by Papaumau Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Destiny is what you make of it!...(yeah, I got that line from Fable)

I believe everyone has a destiny. What that might be will be known once we reach the peak of our lives. Our choices may influence our destiny, but not all choices are the right choices for us. Which is kinda hard to describe since we make different choices in our lives. But then again we all have our own destiny. Hmmm....I think Choice and Destiny go together on this one.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 02:33 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

i can sometimes predict future...
i have a dream and later it is happening. confused ... so... i believe in destiny yes

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 02:38 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Papaumau
Man of the world

WindDancer said....

quote:

Hmmm....I think Choice and Destiny go together on this one

Right on the button WindDancer....Your choices - whatever your choices are - if you believe in fate, are all influenced by destiny !

You are destined to make those choices !

ERGO....you don't have any choices, they are made FOR you by destiny !

Click my sig'-pic' to go to my forum
and attached consumer website

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 03:51 PM
Papaumau is currently offline Click here to Send Papaumau a Private Message Find more posts by Papaumau Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draku

exactly! the choises that you make are supposed to happen.
If being able to predict the future is real, then it means that time doesn't exist. I mean, how can 'the future' be certain, if it hasn't happened yet?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 04:43 PM
draku is currently offline Click here to Send draku a Private Message Find more posts by draku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fiery Eyes

Re: Destiny

quote:
Originally posted by wuteva
Do you guys believe in destiny? Do you think it is posible that our future is somehow already planned?
A few months ago I went to an old friend who is very experienced in reading tarot cards. I made fun of it at first, but she told me stuff about my future (quite a lot of times, which actually came true), and I was like blink
This is REALLY freaky!

I feel that the use of tarot cards, sorcery, physics 900 lines is all the work of Satan, yes i believe it is true, it happened in the bible, it can happen now.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 04:59 PM
Fiery Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Fiery Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Fiery Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

^Let's keep things like Satan and sorcery out of this one. Is going to get derailed just like in other threads.

quote:
Originally posted by Papaumau
Right on the button WindDancer....Your choices - whatever your choices are - if you believe in fate, are all influenced by destiny !

You are destined to make those choices !

ERGO....you don't have any choices, they are made FOR you by destiny !

hehe....Yeah, I'm a big believer of choices. I think that we sometimes makes choices based on our knowledge. Not all our choices are beneficial for our sake. There are times in which we are force to make a choice. And that could also affect our Destiny.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2004 09:12 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote