KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » The World Cup 2006 Thread.

The World Cup 2006 Thread.
Started by: The Redeemer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Redeemer

No harm in that but the opposition now have a handle on how Greece play...I'd change your style and confuse them...score early, make more of the offside trap -something us Irish could learn a thing or two about- and hit them on the counter when frustration eventually sets in...

Peter Gabriel - SLEDGEHAMMER.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2004 09:16 AM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evy_O
don't let go

that's all greek to me wacko I don't follow soccer messed

but somehow it makes sense smart

shallow me, then spit me out
for hating you I blame myself
seeing you it kills me now
no, I don't cry on the outside anymore...

Old Post Sep 26th, 2004 08:35 PM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

Ask Yerss...his team NEARLY won the EC in '80 with such similar tactics...and a damn fine team Belgium were in them days!!! smokin'

Until they beat US in a WC qualifier a year later with the help of a PORTUGUESE referee... mad

Old Post Sep 26th, 2004 09:26 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

This time week it will all be over... yes

Old Post Oct 2nd, 2004 10:25 PM
The Redeemer

Sacre Bleu!!! No...not our gutsy performance in Paris but Lichtenstein drawing 2-2 with Portugal...now, that's what I call STORMING THE BASTILLE!!! laughing out loud

Kudos to THE BOYS IN GREEN btw...another big step to THE LAND OF, er, Jurgen Klinsmann in 2006! smokin'

Old Post Oct 9th, 2004 10:58 PM
G.P
living bank advertisement

except that the Bastille doesn't exist any more... whistle

Old Post Oct 10th, 2004 12:46 AM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
matheus lima

Tongue I want to know you

big grin I want that you he knows how much I love you and I want
knowing you, my name I am Matheus I I live in Brazil in
the serrana region of the state of Rio De Janeiro, in
the city of Teresópolis, Brazilian Referência(C.B.F)
Confederação of Soccer, I study and am attending a
course the first year of as 16 degree,e I have
anos.Emma,eu I do not love you only for you being an
actress and to make success, and is therefore that I
ask for to it for you only not to see me as 1 of its
millions of fans, but yes as a person who love you of
truth, pretty, intelligent, glad a person that he sees
as "a great" woman to you, great personality and is
therefore that I want to find you, and you can be
certain who when this day to arrive you do not go if
arrepender.Emma if you to receive this email please
answers me E if he was not emma that por received this
email favor sends for the email of it that I will be
perpetual grateful!!!!!! 25,09,2004
[EDIT/ Desolado, não tenho o direito de deixar aquilo lá big grin ] Brazil-Rio de Janeiro ...I
translated this text in the site of google of Brazil !!!

Last edited by G.P on Oct 10th, 2004 at 02:58 PM

Old Post Oct 10th, 2004 01:11 AM
matheus lima is currently offline Click here to Send matheus lima a Private Message Find more posts by matheus lima Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

I guess even after only three games we can discount Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland from making the journey to Germany 2006. sad I did'nt really expect N Ireland to get there but I thought Wales and Scotland would be in with a shout come the last series of qualifiers this time next year...

Wales were well beaten by England despite the 2-0 scoreline and as for Scotland? If Mr Voghts dosen't get the boot after their 0-1 home defeat to Norway then there's something wrong! His Scotland managerial career should have been rescinded years ago!

England will top their group with ease with probably The Poles taking up second spot. It was a very important win for them in Vienna last night.

THE REPUBLIC are well on course too after that excellent result last night. Brian Kerr is beginning to get things right! A few goals Wednesday against The Faroes might just see us finish the year in pole position. I would'nt write off the French by any means but even if we don't finish top spot then surely one of the two automatic second place berths is a reasonable expectation.

Only problem is if we do qualify they better build bigger stadiums in Germany to accommodate all the travelling fans! wink

Old Post Oct 10th, 2004 11:09 AM
yerssot

(about the belgian team of the 80's: damn straight it's a good one! we reached fourth place even in mexico! best result ever!)

pffff... I'm almost screaming out to get our fat idiot that's unfortunatly our national coach fired! we have an ass of a goalie, an idiot of a left defender and a naive central defender all from the team he used to coach (FAVORITISM!!!)

Old Post Oct 10th, 2004 11:14 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

Nearly forgot...team of the day goes to little Litchenstein, of course! Happy Dance Malta and The Faroe Islands did themselves proud too with a decent draw for the former and a *should have won it* draw for the later...

And finally...Slovakia continue to impress!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2004 11:18 AM
The Redeemer

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
(about the belgian team of the 80's: damn straight it's a good one! we reached fourth place even in mexico! best result ever!)

pffff... I'm almost screaming out to get our fat idiot that's unfortunatly our national coach fired! we have an ass of a goalie, an idiot of a left defender and a naive central defender all from the team he used to coach (FAVORITISM!!!)

I thought reaching the 1980 EC final and only being beaten by a late German goal was your best result, no?

Old Post Oct 10th, 2004 11:21 AM
yerssot

we keep the mexico WC as higher for some reason messed

Old Post Oct 10th, 2004 11:22 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

Yeah, I suppose the WC is more of a *badge tournament* like The Champions League is held in higher esteem than The UEFA Cup, so to speak!

Old Post Oct 10th, 2004 11:25 AM
yerssot

but we all know that the CL is a pathetic excuse to raise money

Old Post Oct 10th, 2004 06:42 PM
G.P
living bank advertisement

France is soo pathetic these days...unfortunately the other team aren't doing well either.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 05:06 PM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

Another three points for us in the bag...lack of firepower up front meant only a couple of goals but it's the points that count at the end of the day! Robbie Keane became Ireland's top goal scorer of all time as expected. He should have had a hat trick though. Our next game in March against Israel in Tel-Aviv will open up the group one way or another...

Little Andorra got their first ever competitive win and Lichtenstein proved that Saturday's draw against Portugal was no fluke by thumping Luxembourg away from home 0-4...

But team of the day goes to Portugal. Trouncing ANYONE 7-1 is quite an achievement but Russia? blink The Soviet boys should be ashamed of themselves! yes Portugal to top the group and Slovakia for second spot, methinks!

Poland may even get an automatic second qualification place after their third away win with an Azerbaijan double header to come as well as home games to Wales and N Ireland. Their last game against England should decide things....

And how Berti Voghts is still hanging in there after another dismal result in Moldova is beyond me!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 14th, 2004 06:55 PM
Corlindel
Noldor

quote:
Originally posted by The Redeemer
and Lichtenstein proved that Saturday's draw against Portugal was no fluke by thumping Luxembourg away from home 0-4...

But team of the day goes to Portugal. Trouncing ANYONE 7-1 is quite an achievement but Russia? blink The Soviet boys should be ashamed of themselves! yes Portugal to top the group and Slovakia for second spot, methinks!

Yep. As I said some months, Portugal can do the best and the worst in only one week.

I am preparing to lose against Luxembourg 0-10 and to smash Slovakia for 40-0 wink

I never understood my team. We will be underdogs and a top team at the same time forever huh

Por minha Dama
«...et tu seras pour moi unique au monde, et je serais pour toi unique au monde...»

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 05:29 PM
Corlindel is currently offline Click here to Send Corlindel a Private Message Find more posts by Corlindel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

You are like ourselves then...make us favourite to win a game and we screw up...make us the underdog and we bare our teeth... yes

Old Post Oct 16th, 2004 08:19 PM
ldene
What would you wish for?

Is everyone forgetting about the teams that top the South American qualifiers?

The mighty BRAZIL and not forgetting Argentina!!!

With the addition of Kaka in the brazil line-up and Ronaldo still on fire, i don't think they can be beaten. But i would like to see Holland in at least the semi's if not the final!

Wizzy
Wow

Old Post Oct 19th, 2004 09:23 AM
ldene is currently offline Click here to Send ldene a Private Message Find more posts by ldene Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

argentina have gone down hill im sorry to say, as for brazil, they can win it again no problem

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 02:38 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote