KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » The World Cup 2006 Thread.

The World Cup 2006 Thread.
Started by: The Redeemer

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

laughing out loud

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 17th, 2004 08:22 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Belgium lost its third qualifier yesterday from Serbia (at home ffs) with 0 to 2 they played their worst game so far (can't believe I paid to go and see them suck so hard) we have 1 out of 9 points and we have scored 1 goal out of 3 games, game over.

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 04:57 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

quote:
Originally posted by G.P
France - Poland tonight, with a totally renewed team. Woohoo.

Same old story, huh? roll eyes (sarcastic) 0-0 Couldn't score in a BASTILLE, er sorry, brothel! wink

Peter Gabriel - SLEDGEHAMMER.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 06:45 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

quote:
Originally posted by Fire
Belgium lost its third qualifier yesterday from Serbia (at home ffs) with 0 to 2 they played their worst game so far (can't believe I paid to go and see them suck so hard) we have 1 out of 9 points and we have scored 1 goal out of 3 games, game over.

I'm genuinely surprised at how *down-market* Belgium have become. In the past they've always made a damn good stab at qualifying and, considering they're such a small country like ourselves, have always made a good impression of themselves on the WORLD STAGE when they got there.

Still, every country goes through transition. Another four years and with a different manager and different personnel, they'll probably bounce back. Just don't go losing the seeding status. A team ranked third or less always finds it difficult to get out of a group. Thankfully, when WE were seeded 3rd for WC 2002, WE caught the Dutch with their knickers down and eliminated them. But it was hard going...

Last edited by The Redeemer on Nov 18th, 2004 at 06:58 PM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 06:55 PM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

The team of yesterday goes to the Ukraine for hammering the Turks 3-0 in Ankara...but the most fun to watch was the friendly between Spain and England and LOONY ROONEY doing a Gazza and making a complete show of himself...

Poland must be smiling!!! laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 18th, 2004 07:02 PM
Fire

yea we'll bounce back some day soon I hope

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 03:11 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ElectricBugaloo
LP

US easily qualified for the final group.

The only team that is in the same class as the US in CONCACAF is Mexico, and the US is looking strong now. With Donovon emerging as a top flight player, McBride being the solid up front presence as always and the new young star in Eddie Johnson...the US is looking good. If Reyna is healthy and can manage the center of the field alongside Mastroeni, with Pope anchoring the defense and Beasely and Donovon on the wings...the US looks to be much better than last world cup.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2004 04:08 PM
ElectricBugaloo is currently offline Click here to Send ElectricBugaloo a Private Message Find more posts by ElectricBugaloo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

China [despite the billions of it's polulace] may have been eliminated at this early stage but UZBEKISTAN seems to be hammering the opposition...new faces for every WORLD CUP always makes things more interesting! smokin'

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 07:36 PM
G.P
living bank advertisement

Go Uzbekistan !

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 07:37 PM
G.P is currently offline Click here to Send G.P a Private Message Find more posts by G.P Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

quote:
Originally posted by G.P
Go Uzbekistan !

You might as well support them mate as the VA-VA-VOOM gang ain't gonna get very far!!! roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 07:45 PM
The Redeemer

The Irish and Dutch strikers are in form in THE PREMIERSHIP I see...stroker boy Van Nistelrooy excluded...roll on THE WORLD CUP!!! rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 09:11 PM
The Redeemer

End of year FIFA World Rankings...and WE'RE up two places to No. 12. smokin' Nice one.

England DROP to No. 8. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland continue to *pick up the pieces*!!! ninja

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 08:36 PM
baracustastic
I aint gettin on no plane

Scotland are a staggering 86th in the world! Alongside the might of Burkino Faso...............BURKINO FASO!

How the mighty have fallen. I canna wait for the next qualifier, against Italy. In Italy. Yay. sad

Americans add throwing, pads, alter the length of the game etc, i.e. change it completely yet still call it football.

Then they call the original soccer, and expect the rest of the world to adopt this bastard name. Pish.

From hence forth American football shall be known as "soccer." by me.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2004 04:58 AM
baracustastic is currently offline Click here to Send baracustastic a Private Message Find more posts by baracustastic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

This day four weeks sees the European Zone resuming with a glut of WC qualifiers. Like Kenny Cunningham said, ISRAEL hold the key to our group and a win in Tel-Aviv would set things up nicely for us to make an appearence in Germany next year.

I just hope Kerr dosen't go out there happy to get a draw. Not with FRANCE and SWITZERLAND breathing down our necks! A win or nothing Brian old boy.

I hear there are the guts of 5000 Irish fans making the trip. The Israeli travel bureau said that they get about 4000 Irish tourists in ISRAEL every year. I venture that'll be their lot for the next tweleve months!!!

Old Post Feb 26th, 2005 04:17 PM
The Redeemer

Right! A couple of days left to kick-off so here, for what it's worth, are a few match predictions on the so-called home games. Along with a forecast for a very important game in our group...

England 1 N Ireland 0
Wales 2 Austria 1
Italy 2 Scotland 0
France 1 Switzerland 1

I haven't forgotten The Republic BTW! It's just that I never make a prediction on our results. Superstition you may call it. I'm just hoping for a win, of course!

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 07:21 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

England 1-0 to N Ireland.
I think it will be higher considering Canada beat N Ireland.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 07:27 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Smasandian
England 1-0 to N Ireland.
I think it will be higher considering Canada beat N Ireland.

Yeah but N Ireland always up the ante when they play England! As do Scotland, Wales and of course The Republic. It's a pride thing, so to speak! N Ireland will go all out to stop England one way or another. I expect at least one red card!

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 07:35 PM
Deano

nah we will hammer em ....n ireland will battle hard but england will be too overpowering

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 07:52 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Deano
nah we will hammer em ....n ireland will battle hard but england will be too overpowering

On a wider scale of things, do you think you'll top the group? eek!

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 08:00 PM
Deano

yeh i reckon we will
no problem

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 09:34 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote