KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Mobiles

Mobiles
Started by: Goth_Girl

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Df02

mobiles are the most practical peice of technology made in ages, u can get hold of sum1 from anywhere... i dont see how getting 1 is "conforming" - not getting 1, is just inconvenient to urself and ur friends.

Attachment: image021.jpg
This has been downloaded 39 time(s).

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 12:43 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteEagle
Bionic Commando

I know what you mean, mobiles are a great convenience. I have a mobile and it's very handy to have around when I need it. It's more about the reason you get one. If Goth Girl were to get a mobile because she wanted one then that's fine, good for her. But if she went out and bought one because her friends or advertising pressured her into getting one, then that would be 'conforming' I suppose.

Also, some people don't like others to be able to get a hold of them any time. cool

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
-Albert Camus

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 02:22 PM
WhiteEagle is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteEagle a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteEagle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

but theres no real good reason not to get 1 lol
not getting 1, just because it would be "conforming" is a poor reason

TotalFormat Forums
tomorrow is so far and I no longer want to find a replacement for all these pictures that are lost in my mind

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 02:24 PM
Df02 is currently offline Click here to Send Df02 a Private Message Find more posts by Df02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteEagle
Bionic Commando

Oh yeah, of course. Avoiding anything for the sake of "not conforming" is poor reasoning in many cases. It's more a thing of "I don't want/need this, but this person says I do. But I won't get one anyway".

"Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend."
-Albert Camus

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 02:35 PM
WhiteEagle is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteEagle a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteEagle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Goth_Girl
Ur worst nightmare

No thats is not the reason it iss because...
1>i actually dnt want 1
2>evey1 has 1
3>chips
4>microwave towers
and loads more.
It is my choice 2 not hav 1 and as White Eagle said if i did get 1 it would be just 4 my m8s not 4 me if any1 wants 2 talk 2 me they can bloddy well do it on msn or via phone.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 02:37 PM
Goth_Girl is currently offline Click here to Send Goth_Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Goth_Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

if u dont want to get 1, why make this post???
u asked us what u should do, but ud already made the decision.

who cares about chips in ur phone? the only problem that can cause is if u give the government a reason to want to get hold of u....by errr...breaking the law, so u deserve to be caught

You not getting a phone will make absolutely no difference to microwave towers...theyre there, deal with it!

....thats because, every1 has 1.....but every1 has shoes, u gonna go bare foot now? thought not, mobiles are a convenient communication device, shoes are a convenient way of protecting ur feet, u could go without both...

TotalFormat Forums

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 02:43 PM
Goth_Girl
Ur worst nightmare

hmz wateva i posted this post because i wanted 2 make a point but maybe beacause ur so blind 2 the truth u fail 2 see it.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 03:12 PM
Goth_Girl is currently offline Click here to Send Goth_Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Goth_Girl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

the truth is?....lol,
the truth is u made a thread asking for help with no intention of taking it

TotalFormat Forums

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 03:52 PM
Darth Revan
-

I have a cell phone... I didn't want one originally, my parents made me get it when I bought a car. But it's turned out to be very useful.

having nothing but a hyphen under my name makes me look so xhardxcorex. like a felon.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 03:55 PM
Darth Revan is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Revan a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Revan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

quote:
Originally posted by Goth_Girl
hmz wateva i posted this post because i wanted 2 make a point but maybe beacause ur so blind 2 the truth u fail 2 see it.

You, are like, such a rebel yes

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 03:56 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Df02

i know!!

i cant see what bad could come from having tracking chips in mobiles neway.
it just means the government can track where u r, only reason that wouldnt be good was if u had intentions of breaking the law! - good things, theyre able to track u if ur kidnapped, lost, or ne number of other things...

TotalFormat Forums

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 03:59 PM
Syren
dreaming

quote:
Originally posted by Df02
i know!!

i cant see what bad could come from having tracking chips in mobiles neway.
it just means the government can track where u r, only reason that wouldnt be good was if u had intentions of breaking the law! - good things, theyre able to track u if ur kidnapped, lost, or ne number of other things...

Apparently there's this thing in Britain called the Harrier Operation (I think) and it's some huge floating plane thing that tracks drug dealer convos.

*shudders*

I would be so freaked out to know someone was listening to one of my personal convos, say they tracked a suspected dealer who turned out to be totally innocent?

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 04:02 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Goth_Girl
Ur worst nightmare

quote:
Originally posted by Syren
You, are like, such a rebel yes

hehe all in1 stick out tongue
hmz i dnt intend 2 break the law i just dnt like the idea that the goverment no were u r and what u r doin all the time! It called controling. God u better not have watched the matrix because the hole story line is based on what i am trying to say!

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 04:05 PM
Syren
dreaming

quote:
Originally posted by Goth_Girl
hehe all in1 stick out tongue
hmz i dnt intend 2 break the law i just dnt like the idea that the goverment no were u r and what u r doin all the time! It called controling. God u better not have watched the matrix because the hole story line is based on what i am trying to say!

Um, I watched all three, but do I really need to point out that they are movies. Not real. Enough said?

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 04:07 PM
Df02

well, im not actually that bothered by the government knowing where i am.... ive got nothing to hide

TotalFormat Forums

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 04:07 PM
Goth_Girl
Ur worst nightmare

yea but dosnt it freak u out that they can cange ur mood ?
True but by the movies they r trin 2 actually say somethin.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 04:08 PM
Df02

what lol????
where'd u hear that shit

TotalFormat Forums

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 04:09 PM
Goth_Girl
Ur worst nightmare

sry m8 i give up lol belive wot eva u want 2 belive

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 04:11 PM
Df02

id like to know where u got that information from...

TotalFormat Forums

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 04:11 PM
Goth_Girl
Ur worst nightmare

lmao

Old Post Oct 17th, 2004 04:12 PM