KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Juggernaut vs Thing

Juggernaut vs Thing
Started by: juggernaut74

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gilgamesh

Superman can no longer withstand that kind of punishment my friend, maybe in the 70's ? till what mid 80's? They toned him down a lot after that. Oh and he can't go back in time anymore either...heh...hehehehe...

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 02:23 AM
Gilgamesh is currently offline Click here to Send Gilgamesh a Private Message Find more posts by Gilgamesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wrathofachilles

Juggernaut beats Thing hands down. No question.

Hulk beats Thing hands down. No question. Why people still continue to argue this debate is beyond me. It has been written since the 60s that Thing is capable of going hand-to-hand with Hulk but eventually loses. He is close to Hulk level, but he is not ON Hulk level. That's just the way it is.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 02:51 AM
wrathofachilles is currently offline Click here to Send wrathofachilles a Private Message Find more posts by wrathofachilles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

when was the last time he lost to Hulk?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 02:53 AM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wrathofachilles

I don't even know the last time they fought. I haven't read either of them in awhile. Though I read the recent Hulk issue with Iron-Man and Iron-Man actually knocked Hulk out. I doubt it...

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 03:01 AM
wrathofachilles is currently offline Click here to Send wrathofachilles a Private Message Find more posts by wrathofachilles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emraldguardian

quote:
Originally posted by wrathofachilles
I don't even know the last time they fought. I haven't read either of them in awhile. Though I read the recent Hulk issue with Iron-Man and Iron-Man actually knocked Hulk out. I doubt it...

The only reason he beat Hulkis because Hulk wasnt even fighting back at the end of the comic Iron Man say you were holding back werent you? and Bruce says yes and then Iron man pretty much says dang i guess the Hulk still remains unbeatable.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 02:04 PM
emraldguardian is currently offline Click here to Send emraldguardian a Private Message Find more posts by emraldguardian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
emraldguardian

quote:
Originally posted by Wynndar
when was the last time he lost to Hulk?

Hulk is out of Things league, I mean he is stronger and way more durable.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 02:06 PM
emraldguardian is currently offline Click here to Send emraldguardian a Private Message Find more posts by emraldguardian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

quote:
Originally posted by Beyonder
Dear Tron,
Nimrod was brought into this conversation because some people here seem to think Thing can't win because Juggernaut is "Unstoppable" - which he didn't. Nimrod stopped the "Unstoppable Force," so has the Hulk. I don't see why your fuse and Swank's is about. READ THE POST.

Dear Beyonder,
My previous post had either nothing to do with you or Nimrod, it was my agreement and opinion on what Swank said earlier, so why don't you READ THE POST? Thank you.wink

p.s. And Thing is not Nimrod, and can't even compare to Nimrod, just like Nimrod can't compare to Thing, so it was pretty silly to bring it up if you're arguing in Thing's favor, since he's not a futuristic android or anything close to it. Just though you should know that, if you didn't already.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 02:22 PM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

repeat...when was the last time Hulk kicked Thing's ass...maybe some people are just making assumptions because they Hulk always wins? I dont think Hulk kicked his ass since before I was reading comics. Thing not in his class? Thing isnt as strong but he def makes it a fight. Deadpool is not in Hulk's class but he still fought Hulk. Deadpool's only encounter with Thing involved Deadpool running for his life.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 02:40 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wrathofachilles

Of course he makes it a fight, I didn't mean that he didn't. I mean that he's not on Hulk's level. You can be in someone's class but still not on their level. Again, I don't know the last time they fought, I just mean that when they did fight, Hulk won 9 times out of 10. Personally I've never seen an occurence of Thing beating Hulk, so if you have one of those links to the comic pages or something, feel free to let me see, but if that actually happened, it was basically a fluke. Thing has Hulk-like strength without the capability of increasing exponentially, so obviously he isn't capable of outfighting him. Only staying with him for awhile.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 02:44 PM
wrathofachilles

quote:
Originally posted by emraldguardian
The only reason he beat Hulkis because Hulk wasnt even fighting back at the end of the comic Iron Man say you were holding back werent you? and Bruce says yes and then Iron man pretty much says dang i guess the Hulk still remains unbeatable.

Well Hulk fought back, he was just not interested in wasting energy on Iron-Man. He smacked him around a couple of times before Iron-Man unleashed whatever blasts he has. I still don't buy that he's capable of knocking Hulk out; he's taken a nuclear blast before. Iron-Man doesn't have nuclear blasts.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 02:46 PM
Wynndar
ThunderCat

when Thing decisively beat Hulk...FF# 320 and Hulk #350 (could have been FF#322 or 325) he was in his second mutation. In this mutation he knew no limit to his strength. He trashed the Hulk, when Hulk was beat and wouldnt get up anymore, Doom sent a robot that looke like the Hulk...Thing thought the Robot was the real Hulk and destroyed it too...after this (Thing was kinda tired) the real Hulk ambushed him again...but even though he had been fighting non stop Thing still beat the Hulk again. That was in 1990 i think.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 02:53 PM
emraldguardian

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 02:54 PM
Havoc470
Smo

is that your album?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 03:00 PM
Havoc470 is currently offline Click here to Send Havoc470 a Private Message Find more posts by Havoc470 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wrathofachilles

Ok, so when Thing is going through a mutation he's powered-up for a brief period of time. But that's not his normal level. His mutation ends and he reverts back to his old strength level or reaches a new strength level. Either way, Hulk doesn't need mutation to increase his strength. Since Thing's strength at that time had no limit without a catalyst like rage, obviously he would win. Normally though, he doesn't have that capability.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 03:05 PM
wrathofachilles

emerald, do you have any pics from the comics Wynndar is talking about?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 03:06 PM
Havoc470
Smo

was this always about hulk vs. thing, or was it a title-accident?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 03:11 PM
Havoc470 is currently offline Click here to Send Havoc470 a Private Message Find more posts by Havoc470 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wrathofachilles

These threads never stay on topic, lol. They always morph into other match-ups. It's basically understood that Thing has no chance in hell against Juggernaut, so people just changed it.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 03:13 PM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

It starts with one of the things I mentioned not liking "Thing can go a few rounds with Hulk so with Juggernaut" "Hey wait, Hulk murdered him" "No, he didn't!" and it begins.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 03:16 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

what are you talking about WOA? thing going through mutation, strength returingin to lower lever?...it was not like that...I have to go to class but i will explain it later

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 03:22 PM
wrathofachilles

You said he went through a mutation and his strength level had no limit. Obviously his strength returned to a lower level *meaning it had a limit* because Thing does not have that capability. Only Hulk has that capability.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 03:27 PM