KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Superman » Can Superman break adamantium?

Can Superman break adamantium?
Started by: Ming Tea!

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Yowsa
Restricted

Account Restricted

See if King Thor or whatever can only dent it I don't know how Supes can break it without it taking a while.

Judge Dredd demands respect!!
Thanks for the sig (OTF) Grey Fox

Old Post Mar 12th, 2008 08:22 PM
Yowsa is currently offline Click here to Send Yowsa a Private Message Find more posts by Yowsa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

I really dont see why, Superman wouldnt be able to break adamantium. It is a mineral native to Earth.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2008 05:25 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I really dont see why, Superman wouldnt be able to break adamantium. It is a mineral native to Earth.

No it's not.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2008 06:53 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gecko4lif

he can bend the hell out of it
he can freeze it
he can melt it

im not sure about breaking thou

Old Post Mar 16th, 2008 12:00 AM
Gecko4lif is currently offline Click here to Send Gecko4lif a Private Message Find more posts by Gecko4lif Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

i find it retarded that supes, captian marvel,hulk or thor being semi god like characters cant bend a earthly metal from our planet.

its all in how they write the characters=)

one week supes pushes a planet, the next he's holding a mini black hole in his hand the next week he cant break adamantium doh.

adamantium comes from fictional earth. I think any of the above characters should have no problem breaking it.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2008 02:56 AM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Combat_Guru
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yes, Superman could easily crush, crumble, bend, break Adamantium.

He has limitless strength.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2008 02:45 PM
Combat_Guru is currently offline Click here to Send Combat_Guru a Private Message Find more posts by Combat_Guru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

It's not like adamantium is pulled up out of the ground. It has to be carefully created to get the finest grade of stupidly durable metal or you end up with crappy results that get dented and bent by angry gods and monsters with infinite strength.

I think the greatest defeat of adamantium was to Magneto, who didn't actually bend it or break it, but destabilized it molecularly.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 08:17 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

yeah, he destabilized the shiit out of it laughing out loud

Unless the adamantium is outfitted with super, self-restoring nanobites, there is not a chance that adamantium can endure Supermans strength.

The Steel is from Earth, Earth Physics have little to no bearing on Superman. If they did, he would not be able to fly or shoot lasers from his eyes. 100,000 tons to us, is 100 pounds to superman.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Apr 1st, 2008 at 04:50 PM

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 04:43 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
yeah, he destabilized the shiit out of it laughing out loud

Unless the adamantium is outfitted with super, self-restoring nanobites, there is not a chance that adamantium can endure Supermans strength.

The Steel is from Earth, Earth Physics have little to no bearing on Superman. If they did, he would not be able to fly or shoot lasers from his eyes. 100,000 tons to us, is 100 pounds to superman.

Are you for real? Planets don't have their own physics. Superman doesn't have powers because he has "Kryptonian physics."

Old Post Apr 9th, 2008 02:37 PM
Tpma4life

To bring this back up, sorry, as someone who reads both DC AND Marvel extensively, I'll give my two cents.

Pre-crisis Superman could do anything, therefore, he probably had a super-admantium breaking power somewhere.

Post-Crisis? He could dent it, DEFINATELY not tear it if it was an adequate amount.

For those of you that say Superman is stronger then Thor, that's not true. Like someone else stated, they both have the same base strength. Thor has the ability of his power belt, as well as drawing from the odin force.

Also, recently in the comics, it was shown that Thor has NEVER used his full strength in fear of killing someone that he didn't mean to. He ALWAYS held back, much like Supes. So it's very practical that they have the same strength PHYSICALLY.

However, like I said, he can draw upon the OdinForce. This allows him almost an unlimited strength gain potential, comparable to Super-Man Prime.

So just because Thor can do something, doesn't mean Superman can. Likewise as well. Just because Super-man has been god powered at some points, doesn't mean Thor can perform all his feats.

So to wrap up: Yes, Post-Crisis Superman could DENT probably a thin amount of Admantium, but not break it. However, assuming he had access to unlimited tech, he could essentially just get Vibranium, and Vibranium is the strongest metal, and it disrupts other metal.

Old Post May 26th, 2008 05:23 PM
Tpma4life is currently offline Click here to Send Tpma4life a Private Message Find more posts by Tpma4life Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Are you for real? Planets don't have their own physics. Superman doesn't have powers because he has "Kryptonian physics."

not in real life, but we are talking about comic books here dude. There is virtually no physics in comic books and when there is, they are always conflicting.

When i said Earth physics, however, i was being silly. What goes up does not have to come down when superman is involved. Supermans muscle mass should not be able to break Steel, but with superman, it is not muscle that gives him his strength.

Old Post May 31st, 2008 02:48 AM
NemeBro

Originally posted by Tpma4life
However, like I said, he can draw upon the OdinForce. This allows him almost an unlimited strength gain potential, comparable to Super-Man Prime.
I agreed with everything 'til I read this.

Superman Prime is physically not only Thor's superior, but Odin's as well.

I think Superman could break an Adamantium needle, but not much more.

Old Post May 31st, 2008 07:28 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thor snapped Adamanitum likes it's nothing smile

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post May 31st, 2008 02:32 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Toad

Re: Can Superman break adamantium?

Originally posted by Ming Tea!
Well can he?

yes. adamantium is overrated.

Waiting for the beginning.

Old Post May 31st, 2008 08:19 PM
Mr. Toad is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Toad a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Toad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Every instance of Adamantium being broken in 616 continuity has been retcon'd to Secondary Adamantium. Adamantium remains on broken in 616 Marvel, people stronger the Superman have failed to break or damange it and Superman will fail also. 'Nuff Said.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post May 31st, 2008 09:03 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BradBalboa
SHIKAKAAAA !!!

Iv seen a pic of hulk snapping wolverine in half that looked real, if he can do it supes can !!

Old Post May 31st, 2008 10:30 PM
BradBalboa is currently offline Click here to Send BradBalboa a Private Message Find more posts by BradBalboa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

That was an alternate universe, and that Wolverine didn't have Adamantium on the joints.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2008 05:42 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dyno
Authority

SUPERMAN CAN BREAK STEEL...which means he can break anything

laughing out loud

Old Post Jun 1st, 2008 11:50 AM
Dyno is currently offline Click here to Send Dyno a Private Message Find more posts by Dyno Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Every instance of Adamantium being broken in 616 continuity has been retcon'd to Secondary Adamantium. Adamantium remains on broken in 616 Marvel, people stronger the Superman have failed to break or damange it and Superman will fail also. 'Nuff Said.

wow, that sounds like the same kind of bullshit that turned me off of mainstream comics.
"Yeah, that happened, but it doesn't count because it was in a different timeline or universe that we just made up" so, why the fuk did i just read it?

If Superman can move a planet, you can not honestly believe that he cannot break adamantium. Although, that feat may be ridiculous and he had help, he still did it.

Last edited by jinXed by JaNx on Jun 1st, 2008 at 08:00 PM

Old Post Jun 1st, 2008 07:54 PM
Allankles
Kwisatz Haderach

Superman can probably at the very least bend adamantium, which means either way Wolverine would be screwed.

Iboga chose not to fight, to allow himself to evolve. He had the wisdom to abandon the actions of war when he knew they would no longer serve him.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2008 08:40 PM
Allankles is currently offline Click here to Send Allankles a Private Message Find more posts by Allankles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote