KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dr. Fate Vs Dr. Strange

?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Fate 17 36.17%
Strange 26 55.32%
Tie 4 8.51%
Total: 47 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dr. Fate Vs Dr. Strange
Started by: supremthor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

strange has always been sorcerer supreme. dr. fate works off a real top o top level(here he goes with that DC is more powered up argument again angel )

but i have to go with strange tho

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 12:33 AM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
All are earthly, and pale in comparison to Strange's arsenal. The Vishanti alone could overcome all four.

Strange also has the Orb of Agamotto, that allows him to see everything that happens in the universe, past and present.

All are earthly? You do realize that Spectre has ultimate power? He could undo all the gods in all the universes save for the presence. Fate goes toe to toe with this and your response is that all his artifacts and or fights are earthly? Is that because you're unfamiliar or somehow impaired?

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Jan 25th, 2005 12:16 PM
MERCILOUS is currently offline Click here to Send MERCILOUS a Private Message Find more posts by MERCILOUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Yeah going toe to toe with Spectre is very big feat.

Old Post Jan 28th, 2005 02:22 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BootlegBoys420

Dr. Fate VS Dr.Strange

Before The Fight... I Must Say... This Is The Best Forum Ever...
Whos The More Powerful Sorcerer Supreme?
Doctors Going At It... Anything Goes!!!!

We Be Bootleg...

stick out tongue

We Run These Streets!!!!!!!!

Old Post Mar 12th, 2005 11:35 PM
BootlegBoys420 is currently offline Click here to Send BootlegBoys420 a Private Message Find more posts by BootlegBoys420 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

I think this might have been done before, but if it hasn't then here goes:

Dr Strange: Extensiveness knowledge of the occult, eye of Agamotto, Orb of Agomotto, cloak of levitation, plus his two greatest powers: The Greater Book of the Vishanti (which has some crazy spells, plus allows him to contact the Vishanti Entities), and the dread book of Darkhold (basically the Book of the Vishanti, but this time written by an evil deity with words of flame).
Dr Strange's real power though is his virtually complete knowledge of most 'normal' and several 'abnormal' forms of magic.

Dr Fate: Ok, this dude is stranger than strange. For all intents and purposes he is nothing more than the human shell of a greater god! He wears the Helm (helmet) of Nabu, which is basically host to Nabu, a Lord of Order. The Lords of Order are bacially deities that wage constant war against the 'Old Ones,' beings of great darkness and despair (the dark god Cthulhu is one of the Old Ones that Nabu fights against).
The current Dr Fate can think for himself, but the others that existed before him basically lost all control of themselves once they wore the Helm. They were for all purposes possessed by the Lord of Order. There personalities were just surplanted by Nabu.
Anyways, Fate is given SERIOUS magical abilities by Nabu. For example immortality, invulnerability (while wearing the Helm), super strength,flight (not just levitation like Strange, but actual flight), and so on.
And with the Helm on Dr Fate is basically in possession of ALL magical ability and able to use both earth and other-dimension magics.

Anyways, who would win in a Strange vs Fate fight?

It depends which Dr Fate is fighting!

If it is the current Dr Fate then I would have to give it to Dr Strange. The reason is that although Dr Fate is far stronger (through Nabu Fate is stronger than the Vishanti even) than Strange, he does not have as much knowledge on how to use his powers. Strange on the other hand can use virtually 100% of the powers under his control.
Thus Strange would win this fight due to his superior knowledge (even though Fate has superior power).

If it is any of the other Fates (the 3 Fates before the current one) then Dr Fate would win ......easily. The reason for this is all of those Fates did not have real self-control once they wore the Helm of Nabu. Nabu would basically surplant their persona's and take over their bodies. Basically possession.
Thus Dr Strange would not be fighting Dr Fate .....he would be fighting a Lord of Order, Nabu, in Fate's body.
In this scenario Strange would be outmatched in both magical power (by far) and magical knowledge (by eons since Nabu has been around since the dawn of time).

The only person who can defeat Dr Fate (with Nabu in full control) is Dr StrangeFate (the amalgam creation that melded Dr Strange and Dr Fate into one being).

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 12:38 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Yes, this has been done before:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...ange+vs+Dr+Fate

Use that thread to discuss.

Closing.

(sorry spetnaz, I know you put some work into that response)

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 01:10 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

Smile

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tron
Yes, this has been done before:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...ange+vs+Dr+Fate

Use that thread to discuss.

Closing.

(sorry spetnaz, I know you put some work into that response)

LOL.

It's all good.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 01:27 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

Someone needs to bring some serious info in on this one, people keep saying one is stronger than the other on other threads, I'd like to see some actual proof of either being stronger.

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post May 25th, 2005 01:22 PM
MERCILOUS is currently offline Click here to Send MERCILOUS a Private Message Find more posts by MERCILOUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

I don't know about who's stronger but I know Dr Fate needs his helemt to use his powers..Strange don't need no helemt...he basically just says crap like " I summon the 45 stars of boo boo wee wee" and crazy sh*t just happens.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 01:24 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by Mainstream
I don't know about who's stronger but I know Dr Fate needs his helemt to use his powers..Strange don't need no helemt...

No, but he needs his magical artifacts.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 01:59 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

you mean strange? I do believe you are right DC give the man a prize

Old Post May 25th, 2005 02:02 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Flame

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
No, but he needs his magical artifacts.

Depends on what you're talking about. His artifacts make certain things easier, but they aren't always accessible. The only magical items Strange has with him at all times are the Eye of Agamotto and the Cloak of Levitation. Without them, Strange is still able to manipulate the ambient magical energy of the universe, communicate telepathically with dozens of people, etc.

Magical items are tools, not the source of his power.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 04:09 PM
Cosmic Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

like learn aid if you will...which can be used to make the job easier.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 04:10 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
Depends on what you're talking about. His artifacts make certain things easier, but they aren't always accessible. The only magical items Strange has with him at all times are the Eye of Agamotto and the Cloak of Levitation. Without them, Strange is still able to manipulate the ambient magical energy of the universe, communicate telepathically with dozens of people, etc.

Magical items are tools, not the source of his power.

So...the Eye of Agamotto doesn't eneable him the telepathy?

And Fate has done some pretty amazing stuff:

quote:
Mention the name of Dr. Fate, and the topic of magic must surely come up as well. Hector is every much a magical prodigy just as Mozart was to music. This natural aptitude, when combined with the available advice from Kent Nelson and the Helm and powered by the mystic potential within the Helm of Fate and Amulet of Anubis, makes Dr. Fate one of the most powerful wielders of magic in the known dimensions. Complex spells which would take a normal magical practitioner years of study to even begin to attempt come to Hector with ease, even at his current relative inexperience. A simple gesture and a few syllables are sufficient to allow Fate to perform breathtaking feats such as altering the timestream or teleporting a large group of heroes across the dimensions. Even his mortal enemy Mordru has said that this incarnation of Dr. Fate's powers may well be even vaster than the original.

The range of effects Dr. Fate can produce using his magic is literally endless, limited only by his own imagination and experience. As Hector becomes more comfortable in his role his use of magic is becoming more sophisticated, although in times of crisis he still often returns to the 'old favorites' of simple but effective mystical shields or the famous 'ankh-blasts' which have been a hallmark of the various Dr Fates over the years.

A few examples of the magical capabilities of Dr. Fate to match the Powers classifications are as follows:

Mental:

*Creation of large-scale full-spectrum illusions sufficient to fool even those familiar with the subject in question.

*Clairvoyance (in it's truest meaning - long-distance viewing across time, space and dimensions)

*Breaking the mental control of Obsidian's shadow-force.

Physical:

*Growing to giant size (roughly 150 ft tall) with commensurate strength and toughness.

Protection:

*Creating a mystic shield around himself capable of protecting himself from a sustained attack by Superman-level strength.

*Creating a bubble-shaped shield to protect himself and Courtney from the assault of the Obsidian-controlled JSA members.

Manipulation:

*Sending a bolt Black Adam's lightning several centuries through the timestream from the past to the present, forcing him to revert to mortal form.

*Creating bolts of magic energy of extreme potence.

*Transforming chains into flowers to release himself and companions.

*Becoming intangible

Transportation:

*Flight at several hundred miles per hour and with great agility

*Teleporting the entire JSA across space and between dimensions without visible effort.

Mordru, by the way, is perhaps the strongest magician in DC universe. He is the Lord of Chaos.

Last edited by DarkCrawler on May 25th, 2005 at 04:26 PM

Old Post May 25th, 2005 04:14 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Smile No Nabu was a lord of Order

big grin
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Dr. Strange has defeated Dracula, Mephisto (Satan), Thor, Baron Mordo, Nightmare, Dormammu, Silver Dagger, Dracula, Umar, Kaluu, and Sise-Neg. All of them are more powerful than Spectre, except for Dracula, Baron Mordo, and Silver Dagger.

Fate only has one magical artifact: his helmet. Strange has:

The Scrolls and Wand of Watoomb:

With these, he can use any spell in existance.

The Eye of Agamotto:

The Eye of Agamotto is empowered by the mysterious extra-dimensional entity known as Agamotto.

The Eye can emit a blinding light of incalcuable mystic force. It will allow its wielder to see through disguises, invoke images of the immediate past, and track both corporeal and ethereal beings by their psychic or magical emissions. The Eye enables the wielder to easily probe the minds of sentient beings. When used thusly, the amulet opens and releases a representation of a golden eye, which affixes itself to its wielder's forehead, allowing him to "see" into the mind he wished to probe.

It also allows the user to teleport anwher in the universe instantly. The Eye also can be used to provide a gateway into other dimensions. The amulet will separate from its backing, enlarge to a size several feet in diameter, and then open, revealing a portal to other dimensions. It can be used this way to visit the realm of Eternity."

The Cloak of Levitation:

The cloak grants it's user supersonic flight speeds of up to Mach 7, but in conjunction with his magical power, he can fly at light speed.

The Ruby of Dominion
The Ruby of Dominion is an talisman that allows its controller to control at least one other being. The Ruby will become even more powerfull when the eye of Agamotto is used as a magical conduit. The amount of beings that the ruby is able to control will increase. And on this level it will be possible to control planetary masses of living beings.

Dr. Fate's Helmet is nowhere near the power of The Eye of Agamotto. Nabu was only a powerful Egyptian Sorceress. Agamotto is a universal magical entity. Fate would easily be overcome by the power of Agamotto. With the scrolls of Watoomb, and the Vishanti at his disposal, Fate stands not a chance. Strange has not met a magical being more powerful than himself, as there are none in the universe. He is the Sorcerer Supreme.

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Last edited by Sir Whirlysplat on May 25th, 2005 at 04:26 PM

Old Post May 25th, 2005 04:22 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Smile Yes Mordru deffeated the entire UFP

I did a thread on it Mordru v Strange.

no one really responded to itbig grin

So...the Eye of Agamotto doesn't eneable him the telepathy?

And Fate has done some pretty amazing stuff:

Mordru, by the way, is perhaps the strongest magician in DC universe. He is the Lod of Chaos.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 04:26 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

No...Nabu is the Lord of Order...Mordru is the Lord of Chaos...that is what I meant.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 04:27 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know read back I agree with you

big grin maybe I was unclear in my post your right.

No...Nabu is the Lord of Order...Mordru is the Lord of Chaos...that is what I meant.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 05:58 PM
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

This is one helluva battle.
Dr. Fate has more raw power at his disposal.
Dr Strange certainly has far more knowledge than Fate.
Fate recieved his powers from the helmet.
Strange has been studying magic for decades.
This fight could go both ways.
Strange over Fate 6 outta 10.
I would give a slight edge to Dr. Strange due to his vast
knowledge and experience. He might outsmart or come
up with something Fate's never encountered before.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 06:01 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

I think if Fate won that would be Strange.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 06:02 PM