KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dr. Fate Vs Dr. Strange

?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Fate 17 36.17%
Strange 26 55.32%
Tie 4 8.51%
Total: 47 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Dr. Fate Vs Dr. Strange
Started by: supremthor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

definitely a strange twist of fate....

Old Post May 25th, 2005 06:04 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

but fate can be strange. Its like irony is often ironic confused

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post May 25th, 2005 06:08 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

true...but Strange being beaten by Fate could be the strangest Fate Strange would ever experience

Old Post May 25th, 2005 06:09 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Strangely enough it would be stranger if fate was dealt a blow and strange won big grin

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post May 25th, 2005 06:11 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

you win.

Old Post May 25th, 2005 06:12 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

You know...Nabu can talk to Fate when he wears the helmet...maybe he can help him?

Old Post May 25th, 2005 06:13 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fate seriously has more raw power at his command, be he lacks the actual experience and know-how to use it as well as Steve uses his.
Steve has 100's of years of experience(trained in the universe where time does not pass), fate has far far far less.

Plus, like I've said, Fate has one very powerful god, Strange has dozens, who are more than likely more powerful than Nabu.

I would say it's a toss up with no prep, but if each gets prep, Strange would own him.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 25th, 2005 09:06 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

Strange has, many times, upended sorcerers duels against opponents with far greater "raw might" than he has. Often, he absorbs their powers at the same time. Examples of this would be the Conjuror's Sphere he used against Baron Mordo back in the day, as well as the way he climbed the ladder of Shuma-Gorath's minions in the 80's, eventually stealing enough of Shuma-Gorath's power to end its eons-long existance. He barely made it away from that with his identity intact.

"Ah but my being is my power, to destroy me is to become me, as others have. All will be well for a time, your will will be reality. But in time you will become bored, and when looking out across the planes of existance, you hear the name of Shuma-Gorath invoked in spell, you will answer!" --Shuma-Gorath

SG was easily as powerful as Mordru, if not moreso. Kaluu observed that if Strange returned to Earth directly without shedding much of the power he had gained, our universe would have been destroyed merely by his presence.

Fate has more raw might at his immediate disposal via the Helm, but that's seldom posed a problem for Strange.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Last edited by Laminator_X on May 25th, 2005 at 10:36 PM

Old Post May 25th, 2005 10:30 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, Strange can tap into the closet Magical source and pull it into himself making him more powerful.
He would drain Fate the entire fight.

If you want to look at it by who Strange has beaten, he's beaten people that make Nabu look like david blain.

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on May 25th, 2005 at 11:07 PM

Old Post May 25th, 2005 11:05 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

HAHAHAHA

Old Post May 26th, 2005 04:29 AM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

It might end up coming down to hand to hand. If it does then Strange would most likely take it.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 04:44 AM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

Does Hall retain any "Hawkman" fighting prowess?

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post May 26th, 2005 08:57 AM
MERCILOUS is currently offline Click here to Send MERCILOUS a Private Message Find more posts by MERCILOUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psycho Ninja
Holy Vigilante

Still... I say Fate...
Who do you think is more experienced... Nabu or Strange
Nabu is !!!

And Nabu sometimes does pick on Hector.... But he doesn't want to lose Hector... So Nabu will use his thousand of years-experience to help Hector in "god-like" ways....

PSYCHO !!

Old Post May 26th, 2005 12:16 PM
Psycho Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Psycho Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Psycho Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Fate isn't Nabu.....yes you could argue he is nearly Nabu, but he isn't.

Strange mastered three different types of magic, Dark magic, Chaos magic and white magic.
He even dabbled in extremely evil magic when Aggaroth was messin with him.

Strange wins, too much power, too many ways to use it...and far more capable with it.

Add the fact Strange can conjure up ANYTHING, as long as he pictures it in his mind, and has touched it before.

BTW, is Fate immune to telepathy and possesion?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 26th, 2005 12:25 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig

I think the helm shields him from it.

Old Post May 26th, 2005 12:35 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig
Fate isn't Nabu.....yes you could argue he is nearly Nabu, but he isn't.

Strange mastered three different types of magic, Dark magic, Chaos magic and white magic.
He even dabbled in extremely evil magic when Aggaroth was messin with him.

Strange wins, too much power, too many ways to use it...and far more capable with it.

Add the fact Strange can conjure up ANYTHING, as long as he pictures it in his mind, and has touched it before.

ummmmmm...

one thing long pig, I'm pretty sure I remember Strange distinctly saying "there is no such thing as 'chaos magic'"

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post May 27th, 2005 09:49 AM
MERCILOUS is currently offline Click here to Send MERCILOUS a Private Message Find more posts by MERCILOUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I know what youre saying, he said this in Avengers 503.

He spanks Scarlet Witch like no tomorrow, and says "there's no Chaos magic".

BUT,
in DS#55 he uses the hell out of Chaos magic.
How he can say this when he's actually USED Chaos magic, makes no sense.

Seriously, if chaos magic doesn't exist then Chthon (as in Wanda's using Chthonic magic by way of her Wundagore Mountain heritage) and the Lords of Chaos and Loki and Chaos-Man have no power source and they're powerless.

It's an obvious mistake on behalf of Bendis.

Supa-Mayne!

Last edited by long pig on May 27th, 2005 at 11:02 AM

Old Post May 27th, 2005 11:00 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hell, I have in my hands as we speak a flat-out direct reference to 'chaos magic'. In Doctor Strange, Sorcerer Supreme #83.

He's using it there as well.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 27th, 2005 11:04 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

After reading more of this issue, I dunno.
He calls "chaos magic" "catastrophy magic" and interchanges them frequently, he also fights the living imbodiment of "chaos magic"...

While lookin up this Chaos thing, I found a comic where strange actually beats Eternity.....

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post May 27th, 2005 11:27 AM
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

Ok cool, Bendis sucks.

I guess there is chaos magic, it just wasn't what Wanda was using... So Strange says aforementioned quote just to get a point across. Good story though, but Bendis still sucks.

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post May 27th, 2005 11:38 AM