KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Indiana Jones » Indiana Jones IV

Indiana Jones IV
Started by: chico

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (96): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

he produces them, anyone with money can produce him, it is not a talent or a gift.

Plus, entertainment is not factual, not everyon will find his films entertaining, so that is not a valid argument for a movie of any kind.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 06:14 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

ok he produced men in black. he directed. all the others. bringing them to life. and producing is just sharing the love. he see's talent and produces a movie so it can be created aswell. which is why he is looked up to so much. He wants to help others reach there dream, and do better than him. Writers come to him because they know he brings entertainment to people because he has masterd his art. if this is not true. then why do writers keep comming to him.? always beggin him to bring these movies to life just as he has done a video store before

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 06:20 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

I never said he didnt produce films, but it is not art, and requires no talent. It is admireable however.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 06:26 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

produce and directs. brings to life Did a brain himmerage just happen and somthing clicked so truth is refused to be seen? . spielberg is amongst the greatest directors of all time weather you can prove it to yourself or not. His work speaks for his greatness and his works to come will speak for everlasting mastery of movie direction.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 06:33 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tied Hiker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Speilberg helped create and master a paradigm along with Lucas, Donner, De Palma, Opie, Coppola, and Stone, that basically is still used and considered 'mainstream'. Kubrik did things different before this paradigm was coined, he also adapted and kept his edge and utilized this paradigm as well, very masterful indeed. I respect speilberg, but I hated A.I. I read quite a bit about Kubrik's vision regarding that film and I don't think Spielberg did it justice. Kubrik held off on A.I. and did "Eyes Wide Shut" which most people hailed as a mistake. I hail it as genius. What other film can you watch that shows Nicole Kidman completely nude six or seven times throughout the movie?

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 06:40 AM
Tied Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tied Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tied Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
produce and directs. brings to life Did a brain himmerage just happen and somthing clicked so truth is refused to be seen? . spielberg is amongst the greatest directors of all time weather you can prove it to yourself or not. His work speaks for his greatness and his works to come will speak for everlasting mastery of movie direction.

There is no thruth, just opinion. There is no need for comments like that, if you have no defense for your statements that is no reason to insinuate brain trauma stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 06:46 AM
jinXed by JaNx

i dont doubt kubriks greatness. I'm the first person to stick up for stanley and eyes wide shut was a brillaince on every level , down to the dialogue and underground link to the occult. spielberg on the other hand is another genious and master of the art of directing in a totally different style of movie making.

They are two different perceptions on life. Spielbergs creation of A.I was his attempt to say that he understands kubriks perception aswell., and he can bring that vision to life . He did it, A.I is a great movie. totally different style of spielbergs style. Thus pushing his limits. always and forever.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 06:46 AM
BackFire

quote:
Originally posted by Tied Hiker
Speilberg helped create and master a paradigm along with Lucas, Donner, De Palma, Opie, Coppola, and Stone, that basically is still used and considered 'mainstream'. Kubrik did things different before this paradigm was coined, he also adapted and kept his edge and utilized this paradigm as well, very masterful indeed. I respect speilberg, but I hated A.I. I read quite a bit about Kubrik's vision regarding that film and I don't think Spielberg did it justice. Kubrik held off on A.I. and did "Eyes Wide Shut" which most people hailed as a mistake. I hail it as genius. What other film can you watch that shows Nicole Kidman completely nude six or seven times throughout the movie?

Yeah, AI was good, but compared to waht it coulda been, it was didley, jsut more proof that speilberg is over rated, and kubrick was far more talented.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 06:47 AM
Tied Hiker
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think Jaws is the best spielberg movie ever made.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 06:49 AM
Tied Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tied Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tied Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

not brain trauma just overlooking all the movies he braught to life with his directing. i dont know why everyone overlooks his movies when he is being studied now as a great in any and every film school. I have more brain himmerages than the average man should ever expiereince with in alifetimes of brain damage. So dont take offense to my words. im just getting deep in the debate night. smile

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 06:50 AM
BackFire

i agree, that was the only truley unique one, that he wrote, and directed. that a main problem with speilberg, he rarely writes his movies.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 06:50 AM
Tied Hiker
Restricted

Account Restricted

What was up with "Hook" though? And all that flourescent pink food in that one scene, I mean come on?!!

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 06:51 AM
jinXed by JaNx

he's not over rated though when he's earned everything he has, and everything he has done

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 06:51 AM
jinXed by JaNx

hook was great. a totally different look on peter pan

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 06:52 AM
BackFire

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
not brain trauma just overlooking all the movies he braught to life with his directing. i dont know why everyone overlooks his movies when he is being studied now as a great in any and every film school. I have more brain himmerages than the average man should ever expiereince with in alifetimes of brain damage. So dont take offense to my words. im just getting deep in the debate night. smile

I'm not overlooking anything, he is a damn good director, but he isnt godlike as many people percieve him as. I recognize his direction skills and i actually enjoy many of his movies. However, I think that he is far from being one of the greats.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 06:52 AM
jinXed by JaNx

i dont make anyone out to look godly, just stick up for greats when they need sticking up'ed for.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 06:54 AM
BackFire

didnt say you did make him out to be godlike, many people do however and have the mistaken mentality that he is the best director of all time. Which is simply untrue. All his movies have a silly cliched happy ending, which gets very tiresome.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 06:55 AM
Tied Hiker
Restricted

Account Restricted

I like Spiels, but I still think he can't get out of that mainstream rut. He can to it different and he can do it new and more slick, but he lacks the feel and vibe of greats that still take risks and succeed like David Lynch or Clint Eastwood who definately has made some mistakes, but he still pumps them out and take risks that spiels avoids.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 06:57 AM
BackFire

thats true TH, he nver strays from what has worked for him, always doing the basic same thing.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 06:59 AM
movie_freak

i thought they were rumors....but after reading this
I can't wait for IJ4

Old Post Oct 4th, 2003 07:00 AM
movie_freak is currently offline Click here to Send movie_freak a Private Message Find more posts by movie_freak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote