KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » God's rest...

God's rest...
Started by: Imperial_Samura

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DuronKiller
loves you

i dont know big grin at least that works for the 2nd-7th day.....

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 10:39 AM
DuronKiller is currently offline Click here to Send DuronKiller a Private Message Find more posts by DuronKiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
clickclick

quote:
how is the period from the beginning to the creation of the Earth and Sun measured as a day since during that period the Earth and Sun didn't exist?

you can backtrack.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 02:42 PM
clickclick is currently offline Click here to Send clickclick a Private Message Find more posts by clickclick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jackie Malfoy
Jacks

Because that is the day that we don't work and we honer him.Inleast that is what I was told.JM

Lord Matt Parker Clare moose Clovie Danii furryman Shellie Jason Yoda(Son) chris Slipknot English(son)a1hsauce ROB Penny Alice and Taft Napalm Sim Telperala Bardock42 Aku Lara Spriderman Lady Slytherin Mike Cherrypie and Fearnix Raggie Dark1365 Syren Tired Hiker LadyGrim and Spoonly(mypimp)Puddin Gisele FEDfan316 and Dean spazzymcgee14 Kharhmah Pink Diamond Lazerus(Husband) Syko Freak Lance Bordom Laurie kelly jason Bert Tecknoyashi Maya Grand Moff Gav(Lawer) Fopret Ketchuptome23453245 Gen Grevious(son) Chelsea17 Snehin Apollox Shaggy2dope(son)Big Evil Twelling4ever Powerfulone DamienB Mew Cherry Leowyatt.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 02:57 PM
Jackie Malfoy is currently offline Click here to Send Jackie Malfoy a Private Message Find more posts by Jackie Malfoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
Because that is the day that we don't work and we honer him
hmm I work 7 days a week so what day should it be

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 03:05 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Jackie do you ever read the first post?
The question was why did he rest not why should we rest big difference there.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 04:32 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

quote:
Originally posted by clickclick
you can backtrack.
Can you explain a little? I'm not sure what that's supposed to mean.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 06:39 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
frodo34x
^_^

You can count back in your head so to speak to tell how long passed

Click it to see my band's page.^

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 08:44 PM
frodo34x is currently offline Click here to Send frodo34x a Private Message Find more posts by frodo34x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DuronKiller
loves you

i think its not told in the bible how long it took to create the universe.... its just said when the first day has been over.... not how long its been...

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 08:58 PM
DuronKiller is currently offline Click here to Send DuronKiller a Private Message Find more posts by DuronKiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

But the thing is there is no "time" before the universe existed. When the universe was created, time began. So there is no counting backwards and seeing how long it took god to make the universe because before it was created there was no time at all. And you certainly couldn't determine how many days it was before the earth even existed.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 10:34 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

Well, the earth was formed by the disk of the solar system billions of years ago, and the formation of the universe also took billions of years. I'm a Christian but I don't believe that Bible bullcrap about the 7 days - the week was invented by non-Catholics. Oh my god! No way! Yes way.

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 10:49 PM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

You're Christian? That's surprising.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 11:57 PM
DuronKiller
loves you

quote:
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
But the thing is there is no "time" before the universe existed. When the universe was created, time began. So there is no counting backwards and seeing how long it took god to make the universe because before it was created there was no time at all. And you certainly couldn't determine how many days it was before the earth even existed.

thats a theory... maybe there are other universes existing and the time works at some higher level, so that all universes run synchronous... i think the time must be at some higher level... between god (because god has always been there and will always be there...... means no time)
and our universe which actually doesnt control the time, but time is important for it.... thats what i think roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 02:15 AM
clickclick

quote:

There was no time in the physical universe before it existed, of course. You can count backwards just like its done now when they try to calculate the time between the universe begining to now. No person was counting before the earth existed, of course. You can backtrack though now that it does exist.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 02:16 AM
clickclick is currently offline Click here to Send clickclick a Private Message Find more posts by clickclick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DuronKiller
loves you

quote:
Originally posted by MC Mike
Well, the earth was formed by the disk of the solar system billions of years ago, and the formation of the universe also took billions of years. I'm a Christian but I don't believe that Bible bullcrap about the 7 days - the week was invented by non-Catholics. Oh my god! No way! Yes way.

thats just another theory.... we got no proof of that (see the "who created god" post where this topic is discussed a bit more)
well the week has not been invented by anyone.... it has always been there in the history of man hasnt it?? according to the bible the week has always been there because the first man learned it from god and told that to their children and so on.....

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 02:20 AM
Afro Cheese

How exactly do you count back before the creation of the universe? In order to calculate the amount of time it took god to create the universe you would have to go back before he created it, how do you do that? Even if you could, you know the people who wrote the bible didn't because they couldn't at the time. And scientists have tried to track time to the beginning of the universe and estimate it was created somewhere between 10 and 20 billion years ago, which contradicts the bible's theory.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 02:27 AM
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

quote:
Originally posted by DuronKiller
according to the bible the week has always been there because the first man learned it from god and told that to their children and so on.....

Did you know Saturday means Sabbath? Explain that to me.

The ancient Babylonians are known to have observed a seven-day week; each day dedicated to a different deity. The significance of seven comes from Babylonian astronomy. There are the seven heavenly bodies or luminaries normally visible to the naked eye (the Sun, Moon, and 5 visible planets), and they associated each with a deity. Babylonian use of the seven-day week may have influenced other cultures of the Eastern Mediterranean and the Middle East.

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 04:31 AM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
frodo34x
^_^

quote:
Originally posted by MC Mike
Im with you on the creation side of things at the very least. I believe the big bang was something caused by God.

Click it to see my band's page.^

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 09:42 AM
frodo34x is currently offline Click here to Send frodo34x a Private Message Find more posts by frodo34x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
clickclick

quote:
How exactly do you count back before the creation of the universe? In order to calculate the amount of time it took god to create the universe you would have to go back before he created it, how do you do that? Even if you could, you know the people who wrote the bible didn't because they couldn't at the time. And scientists have tried to track time to the beginning of the universe and estimate it was created somewhere between 10 and 20 billion years ago, which contradicts the bible's theory.

From the begining of the universe, not before it. What relevance is the 'time' before it?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 10:10 AM
Mane
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Afro Cheese
My point is that if you don't know how long the days the bible mentioned actually were, they could actually be billions of earth years and scientists could be right about the age of the Earth. And if all god wanted to do was command man to rest on the 7th day, why didn't he just command it? He really didn't have to set an example.

It's symbolic. And plus, mankind isn't known for its obedience.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 07:09 PM
Mane is currently offline Click here to Send Mane a Private Message Find more posts by Mane Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

quote:
Originally posted by clickclick
From the begining of the universe, not before it. What relevance is the 'time' before it?
To see how long it took him to create it you'd have to measure how long it was from before he created to when he finished creating it. How do you "backtrack" that and figure it was a day since there was no Earth at the time.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 07:12 PM