KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » does the past exist???

does the past exist???
Started by: eleveninches

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Atlantis001
The past existed, it was real before. It is the first states that lead to our actual states that generates the present. The past is just a logical necessity, for example : if something moves to the right, it necessarily was more to the left in the past.

I keep waiting for this post to go into the past, but every time I read it, it seems to be in the present. eek!

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 09:36 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

It's because the past is still with us..........even until the end.........Whooo..did jesus say something like that?..........I am with you even until the end eek!

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 09:42 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Atlantis001
The one without a name

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
I keep waiting for this post to go into the past, but every time I read it, it seems to be in the present. eek!

Oh... damn... I didn´t thought about that ! sad

Old Post Feb 8th, 2006 10:22 PM
Atlantis001 is currently offline Click here to Send Atlantis001 a Private Message Find more posts by Atlantis001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bierbommetje

The past doesnt exist

Therefore we dont have to worry about any horrible things happening, cause they wont exist anymore tomorrow

Too bad most people dont believe this...

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 08:46 PM
Bierbommetje is currently offline Click here to Send Bierbommetje a Private Message Find more posts by Bierbommetje Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Bierbommetje
The past doesnt exist

Therefore we dont have to worry about any horrible things happening, cause they wont exist anymore tomorrow

Too bad most people dont believe this...

When did you do this post? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 09:03 PM
Shakyamunison is currently offline Click here to Send Shakyamunison a Private Message Find more posts by Shakyamunison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bierbommetje

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
When did you do this post? roll eyes (sarcastic)

What post?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 09:25 PM
Bierbommetje is currently offline Click here to Send Bierbommetje a Private Message Find more posts by Bierbommetje Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by Bierbommetje
What post?

The one above^

I keep seeing it in the now, but you did it in the past and it ends up in the now. So, when the past is destroyed, it dumps it's contents into the now. laughing

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 09:37 PM
debbiejo
Dreamer

You're smokin that stuff again aren't ya???? blink stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 09:52 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

Originally posted by debbiejo
You're smokin that stuff again aren't ya???? blink stick out tongue

Not right now, so, did I? It is in the past and I can't get my hands on it.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2006 09:56 PM
Jack Daniels
WOW!

past does not exist in the here and now...otherwise we could change it and we would all be rich! woohoo!

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post Feb 18th, 2006 09:34 AM
Jack Daniels is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BananaKing
Your soul.

The past doesn't exist anymore, only the information left over from the past wink

Old Post Feb 18th, 2006 01:35 PM
BananaKing is currently offline Click here to Send BananaKing a Private Message Find more posts by BananaKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lancethebrave
Insanity... Pure Insanity

This could be seen two ways... You are about to die, and your seeing your life flash before your eyes... it just takes longer for you and when you hit the end... you die end of story and so the past would have existed at one time... but the other way which i now find harder than before to explain is... that you are living your past and would thus make it real... also you would have lived some of it which makes it unexisting and existing at the same time

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 05:29 AM
lancethebrave is currently offline Click here to Send lancethebrave a Private Message Find more posts by lancethebrave Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

If things wouldn't change or cease to exits there won't be time. They create for them, what they learn and need.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2006 12:09 AM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Callous
Mitsu Racer Honda Hater

Re: does the past exist???

Originally posted by eleveninches
Does the past exist, or is it just an illusion.

The only way it could exist is if there is an infinite multiverse somewhere, where everything in the past goes to after it stops being the present and becomes the past.

But the past does not exist in the universe, as it is just an illusion of the human mind and imagination.

What the f**k?

Old Post Apr 6th, 2006 05:40 AM
Darth Callous is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Callous a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Callous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Only in the future.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2006 08:32 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shakyamunison
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo

It is always now.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2006 09:07 PM
ðµhµl gê†ñåh
whats a human taste like?

this subject ties in with reality and the different possibilities of individual as well as comunical reality. so there is no deffinate answer, and yet we cant help but believe or hope that there is.

Old Post May 24th, 2006 05:54 AM
ðµhµl gê†ñåh is currently offline Click here to Send ðµhµl gê†ñåh a Private Message Find more posts by ðµhµl gê†ñåh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ðµhµl gê†ñåh
whats a human taste like?

sry to be vague with the reality thing, each individual's reality is significantly different than another's due to experiences. so ur past cannot be my past therefore ur past did not exist in my reality, i hope that cleared it up a little.

Old Post May 24th, 2006 05:55 AM
ðµhµl gê†ñåh is currently offline Click here to Send ðµhµl gê†ñåh a Private Message Find more posts by ðµhµl gê†ñåh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kritish
-------------

Discussions like these should be left to stone kids at Pink Floyd concerts.

Old Post May 24th, 2006 02:38 PM
Kritish is currently offline Click here to Send Kritish a Private Message Find more posts by Kritish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
It's xyz!
Restricted

Account Restricted

The past does not exist (in the present).

Bulbasaur, the original... Pepe.

Last edited by Raz on Jan 1st 2000 at 00:00AM

Old Post May 24th, 2006 02:53 PM
It's xyz! is currently offline Click here to Send It's xyz! a Private Message Find more posts by It's xyz! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote