KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » The 90's XMen Cartoon vs Xmen Evolution

Which cartoon is better the 90's Xmen cartoon or Xmen Evolution
This poll is closed.
90's Xmen 24 61.54%
Evolution 4 10.26%
they both rocked 11 28.21%
both sucked 0 0%
Total: 39 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The 90's XMen Cartoon vs Xmen Evolution
Started by: robstelox

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (14): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Shouldn't this be in the Comic Book Movie Forum or something?no expression

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 08:57 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ayjay
Psycho....

yeeeh..i would have thought poala would have moved it already...ah well...yeeh i liked da 90s cos it maintained ACTUAL x-men events....but i liked evolution...cos it was a differnt twist to the x-men....

i REALLY dont like the way evolution drew juggernaught...looked like an idiot.....BUT evo';s magneto..esp in 1st season...was really kool lookin....

did they ever have night crawler in 90s show? i cant remmber

*Is ThEre N e OnE SeXier?*

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 09:38 AM
ayjay is currently offline Click here to Send ayjay a Private Message Find more posts by ayjay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KillAll

yes, nightcrawler was in the 90's cartoon. i have all the episodes on dvd big grin

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 11:15 AM
KillAll is currently offline Click here to Send KillAll a Private Message Find more posts by KillAll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

quote:
Originally posted by muffin man
Evolution sucked ass.

no jubilee or ice man

iceman was in it eek!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 11:18 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

as a kid... a really irritating one...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 11:25 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

i loved the 90's series....i probably have every single season on tape!
here recently i saw one on cartoon network i never seen. it looked drawn differently but same voice actors. did something i didnt know happen???

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 12:21 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

O.k guys the 90's xmen show was better....but I still feel there could someday be any even better xmen cartoon. cool cool

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 03:15 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BENITO
Perfect Rolemodel 4 N00bs

yes there were things they could have done to improve it like.
no cyclops. ice man.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 05:54 PM
BENITO is currently offline Click here to Send BENITO a Private Message Find more posts by BENITO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Muffin Man!!! Cyclops was a main character. Ice man was on several episodes. He was only on one episode of the 90's toon.. he was pretty cool (no pun intended)

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 05:56 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BENITO

I know he was but he should of rejoined the team in that episode.
morph was a good character doing impressions of everyone.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 05:59 PM
BENITO is currently offline Click here to Send BENITO a Private Message Find more posts by BENITO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Yeah Morph kinda like the Xmen Beast Boy. They are both jokesters and shapeshifters....sorry about getting off topic.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 06:01 PM
BENITO

yes I'm sorry aswell.
for driving him off topic or maybe I went off topic.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 06:15 PM
radioboy121

Be grateful you didn't watch some of the 80's X-Men translations. The team consisted of Cyclops, Colossus, Dazzler, Kitty Pryde, Storm, and Wolverine, and some of their interpretations were laughable (ironically, Stan Lee was part of the production).

Some problems I had included White Queen able to fly and throw a projectile spear (this was also shown in the X-Men PC game during that time) that I do not necessarily think was a psychic bolt, and different personalities of characters (i.e. Wolverine had an stereotypical Australian accent and even called people including Toad dingo).

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 06:56 PM
radioboy121 is currently offline Click here to Send radioboy121 a Private Message Find more posts by radioboy121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

X-Men Evolution embodied everything that disgusts me about the direction the X-Men attempted to take. Granted, their roots were in their teenage years but to unleash upon us yet ANOTHER version of what I call the Dawson's Creek/Seventh Heaven hydra was without a doubt one of Marvel's worst undertakings. A fresh perspective? I don't think so. The show was generated to capitalize off other shows that screamed " TEENAGE ANGST ". Yes, it's a cartoon show and was most likely meant for the demographic of 7-15 year olds but it hardly matched the strength and complexity of the early 90's series which wasn't at all that great of a show -- but didn't rely heavily on relating to Gothic and Depressed teenagers. I give Evolution a 6 1/2 for effort. While it was overtly dripping with a teenage theme -- it still tried to stick to the principles of the X-Men line. That change is coming....for better or worse.

P.S. ALL the voices in the 90's cartoon show were ten times better than those of the ones in Evolution. ESPECIALLY Cal Dodd's voice who played Wolverine. I'm GLAD Evolution was canceled.

"I want to save the world and I have the power to do it." -- Cable.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 07:03 PM
Nathaniel Grey is currently offline Click here to Send Nathaniel Grey a Private Message Find more posts by Nathaniel Grey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Now that you mention it Nate Evolution was like Xmen meet "Save by the bell." the other toon was more hardcore and straightfoward.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 07:06 PM
sbo

X-men evolution was too much of a high school soap opera.

90's X-men was much better, it had alot more action and did a pretty good job of re-telling some of the best comic stories. There were a few episodes that were lousy, but for the most part it was a good show.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 07:15 PM
sbo is currently offline Click here to Send sbo a Private Message Find more posts by sbo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

But Apoc was alot more powerful on Evolution than he was on the 90's Xmen right...come guys get me at least that for the love of god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 07:17 PM
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

It was. There has always been an overabundance of drama when concerning the ongoings of the X-Men. But to add that with the current state of teenage mentality which is often oversexed and depressed just annoyed me. The series had, to say the least, an interesting view of the X-Men but was lacking overall in the depth that the 90's series gleaned from the 90's Claremont & Lee era comics. Evolution reminds me of the travesty that is TEEN TITANS. I'm sorry but I don't get the appeal of the characters being BLENDED with lack luster humor of gaudy anime. Unlike Batman the Animated Series, Superman, Justice League etc...Teen Titan's has no real strength when concerning their stories. It's all mindless babble that misrepresents the overall appeal the comic book characters have to offer. If I could get that show canceled....I really would.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 07:18 PM
Nathaniel Grey is currently offline Click here to Send Nathaniel Grey a Private Message Find more posts by Nathaniel Grey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

You had to bring The Teen Titans into this!!!!!! I find that show mildly amusing....though I worship Justice League Unlimited!!

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 07:21 PM
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

Heh. I just believe that everything created in reference to comics should at least play some pivotal role in maintaining the perspective that was originally set forth. I personally believe that Evolution nor Teen Titans could do that on a WHOLE. The state of mind for each show comes off as really immature. Not to say that a series on TEENAGERS would hold a great deal of maturity but the development of the shows seem particularly condescending.

No doubt man. Justice League is probably one of if not the BEST animated series based on comics today. It comes in a close second to Batman the Animated series from 92'.

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 07:27 PM