KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » Movie-DVD problems

Movie-DVD problems
Started by: The Ones

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Ones
Death Eater

Movie-DVD problems

i have recently downloaded a movie and i want to write it to DVD. i can write it but i cant get it to play on dvd players or the computer for that matter. here is a list of stuff which may help you out...

i have 512 MB RAM

When i use pinnacle studio 8.8 to write it restarts my pc

the way im writing it it sending it to E drive

The movie is running on windows media player format (wmv) so it could be i need a new extension

thanks in advance

Harry Potter and the Triwizard Cup Spider-man 3

Old Post Feb 6th, 2005 11:03 AM
The Ones is currently offline Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

if you write it in that pinnacle studio and it restarts your pc, you're sure you actually wrote already on the dvd or not?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2005 08:24 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

no when i try to MAKE DISC, it restarts without doing anything. when i right click the film, and say send to E drive, it does it but it downt play back. please help me

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 04:49 PM
The Ones is currently offline Click here to Send The Ones a Private Message Find more posts by The Ones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kael
The Lone Wolf

Why dont you use TMPGEnc to convert the film, then IfoEdit to author the dvd, and simply then drag the files that IfoEdit made to nero.

I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 05:17 PM
Kael is currently offline Click here to Send Kael a Private Message Find more posts by Kael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

then it can be the program that's not working of course

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 09:23 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ones
Death Eater

quote:
Originally posted by Kael
Why dont you use TMPGEnc to convert the film, then IfoEdit to author the dvd, and simply then drag the files that IfoEdit made to nero.

im having trouble understanding that properly. TMPGEnc or what ever. you say its to convert the film. what does it convert it into (dvd playable?) and about ifoEdit, why do i need to author the dvd?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 11:14 PM
Kael
The Lone Wolf

Ok...
Yes you need to convert the film into the approaite format, so that you can put the movie on the DVD disc and watch it. However you need to author the files created by TMPGEnc an .m2v and a .mp2, so that Nero can read the files, and then burn them to a disc. Authoring the files will create .VOB's , .BUP's, and .IFO files. Then you put these into Nero.

Note: If you use TMPGEnc make sure you output video and audio as indivdual elementary streams.

I shall never move quickly, except to avoid more work or find excuses.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 01:38 PM
Kael is currently offline Click here to Send Kael a Private Message Find more posts by Kael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dragonpisces272
got coffee?

after burning, have you tried playing it on your computer? because sometimes, it works on the the dvd player, yet on some others it doesn't.

Made by: Pictofix Designs. Want a sig or wallpaper? Drop me a message

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 02:37 PM
dragonpisces272 is currently offline Click here to Send dragonpisces272 a Private Message Find more posts by dragonpisces272 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote