KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Sports Forum » best fighter ever

best fighter ever
Started by: mr.smiley

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

I suppose the argument would be in this case, who has the better skill set.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 10:48 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Skill and win record. Size has nothing to do with comparing whos a better fighter.

Old Post Sep 22nd, 2010 10:57 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Nah.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 03:24 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

So by your theory Tim Silva and Hong Man Choi should have stomped Fedor because they tower over him. Size matters!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 04:25 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

That's not what I said and it doesn't fit within my "theory" either.

Also, size does matter.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 04:56 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

You think that size makes a better fighter.

Penn is the smaller fighter but has more skill you said. You said Brock is the better fighter because of the size.

=

Fedor smaller but has better skill than Tim Silva and Hong Man Choi should lose.

Thus they should win by your logic.

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Sep 23rd, 2010 at 05:17 PM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 05:14 PM
StyleTime

You restated the same thing in a more elaborate fashion my good sir.

It still isn't congruent with what I said.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 05:32 PM
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Nuul
Skill and win record. Size has nothing to do with comparing whos a better fighter.

That really depends on the performance we've seen in sanctioned bouts.

That'd be a little unfair for Brock, who's only had...what, 6 fights in the UFC to show what he can do? According to your terms he's still wet behind the ears.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 05:58 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

But IMO it should be argued that its all depends on each weight class and not whos the best fighter ever.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 06:16 PM
Squirrel Fart

Originally posted by DarkC
That really depends on the performance we've seen in sanctioned bouts.

That'd be a little unfair for Brock, who's only had...what, 6 fights in the UFC to show what he can do? According to your terms he's still wet behind the ears.

Brock is still a rookie, YES he is. Once fists start flying at him and landing he gets shy really quick. Hes good on the ground only. Penn is good everwhere in the cage.

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Sep 23rd, 2010 at 07:28 PM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 07:25 PM
original spawn

Does a Jedi count?

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 07:32 PM
original spawn is currently offline Click here to Send original spawn a Private Message Find more posts by original spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by StyleTime
I'd have to disagree. The better fighter is usually the one who wins the fight. The more skilled fighter is something different.

That's not the same thing and you know it. If they both used baseball bats, it'd be a different story.

Actually, it's exactly the same thing. If you can't see the similarities, then I'll just end it here, my friend. smile

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 08:54 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

If you want to end it, fine. I don't believe it's the same thing though.

Last edited by StyleTime on Sep 23rd, 2010 at 10:13 PM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 10:00 PM
Squirrel Fart

Yes it is.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 10:02 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by StyleTime
I don't believe it's not the same thing though.

Me too.

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 10:09 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Lmao! I just owned myself. sad

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 10:14 PM
StyleTime

Originally posted by The Nuul
Yes it is.

How so?

I actually feel I know where you, and batdude123, were going with that; however, we'll see.

Last edited by StyleTime on Sep 23rd, 2010 at 10:41 PM

Old Post Sep 23rd, 2010 10:39 PM
StyleTime

Nuul, I was actually genuinely curious of your view here. I'm usually open to considering a new viewpoint.

It's obvious the bat represents some "unfair" advantage between fighters, like size. The logic doesn't feel proper to me in this situation. Why is skill not a "bat"? Would speed be a "bat"? How about talent, athleticism, flexibility or the numerous other factors in a fight?

If we just equalize everything, the entire premise is irrelevant.

Where would you draw the line?

Last edited by StyleTime on Sep 24th, 2010 at 06:53 PM

Old Post Sep 24th, 2010 06:39 PM
CantSpellMyName

I'm not really into this subject but from what I've heard Bruce Lee participated in the toughest world championships of his time and won them all with relative ease. His had such strength that he could do push-ups with one finger on one hand and killed a few people by accident, his speed was so great that from having his arms in a relaxed position he could snatch a coin from a person's open palm and replace it with a nut before the person could close his hand, and his reflexes were so acute that he could catch grains of rice in mid-air with chopsticks. These qualities ought to be great advantages regardless of what martial art you're practicing. If he was allowed to use his full knowledge and technique, I believe Bruce could beat anyone in history, but I'd love to see him in a fight where he's limited to certain fighting styles, like boxing, and face him up against the best boxers in the world. For example, how would he fare in a pure fist fight against Muhammad Ali or Mike Tyson? An even more interesting match-up would be Muhammad Ali vs. Mike Tyson. I'm rooting for Muhammad because of the reflexes he supposedly had (and the fact that I don't like Mike Tyson) but Mike's ability to take huge amounts of punishment could possibly give him the victory. If Muhammad has the speed and reflex advantage and Mike has the durability advantage, it's basically the matter of unstoppable force vs. immovable object.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2010 04:08 PM
CantSpellMyName is currently offline Click here to Send CantSpellMyName a Private Message Find more posts by CantSpellMyName Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by CantSpellMyName
I'm not really into this subject but from what I've heard Bruce Lee participated in the toughest world championships of his time and won them all with relative ease. His had such strength that he could do push-ups with one finger on one hand and killed a few people by accident, his speed was so great that from having his arms in a relaxed position he could snatch a coin from a person's open palm and replace it with a nut before the person could close his hand, and his reflexes were so acute that he could catch grains of rice in mid-air with chopsticks. These qualities ought to be great advantages regardless of what martial art you're practicing. If he was allowed to use his full knowledge and technique, I believe Bruce could beat anyone in history, but I'd love to see him in a fight where he's limited to certain fighting styles, like boxing, and face him up against the best boxers in the world. For example, how would he fare in a pure fist fight against Muhammad Ali or Mike Tyson? An even more interesting match-up would be Muhammad Ali vs. Mike Tyson. I'm rooting for Muhammad because of the reflexes he supposedly had (and the fact that I don't like Mike Tyson) but Mike's ability to take huge amounts of punishment could possibly give him the victory. If Muhammad has the speed and reflex advantage and Mike has the durability advantage, it's basically the matter of unstoppable force vs. immovable object.

Wut?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2010 05:54 PM