KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » people that ridicule christians affirm their faith.

people that ridicule christians affirm their faith.
Started by: moviejunkie23

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

No that would be "idiot" he throws that one around alot too along with unoriginal.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 02:58 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
IGNORANCE IS AN BOTHERSOME FLY TO INTELLECTUALS
how would you know

quote:
Ultimately it does come down to opinion, but those of the opinion that Nietzsche's ideas were not great, simply have senseless opinions and no real intellectual cares about those people's insignificant opinions who ignores someone like Nietzsche.
I love it when people try to act intellectual onbehalf on so called intellectual writers.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 02:58 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

quote:
Originally posted by Philosophicus
IGNORANCE IS AN BOTHERSOME FLY TO INTELLECTUALS.

The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

- Daniel J. Boorstin -

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 03:03 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

laughing

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 03:04 PM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
debbiejo
Dreamer

Jesus stated more than just a moral life to immoral people, He claimed to be able to take away sins, if one believed in the shedding of his blood.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 03:07 PM
debbiejo is currently offline Find more posts by debbiejo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
Jesus stated more than just a moral life to immoral people,
immoral, who knows how moral jesus and his diciples acted toward each other. Moral from the views of a christian perspective that is

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 03:23 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

quote:
laughing at Storm for being so ignorant of intellectual matters.

Refrain from calling people ignorant. I dont want to warn you again. Your insults are getting tiresome, so stop it.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 03:27 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
Nietzsche was the most infuential modern philosopher. He did not end up in a mental institution because of his ideas, but because of Syphilus - Syphilus infects the brain and causes insanity - he was only insane in the last ten years of his life, YOU IGNORAMOUS! Dom your research before you insult a great mind. There's no place here for f*cking ignorance! How did you become a moderator - it's a shame!

Oh No! I have insulted a great mind! [beep] that! He was a nutcase and died a nutcase. End of story and get over it will ya. Nietzsche was nothing more than atheist that took everything serious in life! Thats why he died bitter and lonely and looney.

How did I became a moderator? Ask Raz! He gave me the spot!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 03:42 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

I like some stuff Nietzsche said, although he was a hard misogynist.

He changed the way we view language theory today - before it was thought that 'picture-word' theory was true. When he came along he challenged the idea - what picture do we have in out heads when we say ''truth''? Its subjective.

Loony or not loony, he is regarded, and always will be regarded as one of the great philosophers of our time.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 03:52 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Don't get me wrong I'm only saying Nietzche was looney tunes, but he was far far away from being an idiot. During his sanity years he was indeed a great thinker. Besides he said some naughty things about Plato and Socrates in his writings. So basically I'm only doing Plato and Socrates a little bit of justice. I have respect for him, but I just don't take him too serious.

wink

Last edited by WanderingDroid on Feb 17th, 2005 at 04:00 PM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 03:57 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Storm
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.

- Daniel J. Boorstin -

How original to quote from someone else to back you up! At least I took the trouble to construct my own dictum: IGNORANCE IS A BOTHERSOME FLY TO INTELLECTUALS.

Well, illusion of knowledge? tell that to your self. I don't claim to have knowledge...knowledge is in any case not indicative of intelligence - intelligence is the ability to think logical and rational and creative on a superior level.

Anyway, if one is ignorant, one surely will not discover anything, not even one's own ignorance!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 04:06 PM
Philosophicus is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophicus a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophicus
Restricted

Account Restricted

lil bitchiness, stop being so f*cking bitchy! I am allowed to call people ignorant if they are - what the hell is your problem - jealous of me?

Oh and Windancer, stop blowing wind out of your ass!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 04:12 PM
Philosophicus is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophicus a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
How original to quote from someone else to back you up
great call coming from one who drags in the likes of Einstein in his replies

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 04:13 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
lil bitchiness, stop being so f*cking bitchy! I am allowed to call people ignorant if they are - what the hell is your problem - jealous of me?

Oh and Windancer, stop blowing wind out of your ass!

That's it! I don't care if you call me names or insult my posts. But that attitude towards lil bitchiness isn't acceptable! Take some days off the board.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 04:16 PM
lil bitchiness
-

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer
Don't get me wrong I'm only saying Nietzche was looney tunes, but he was far far away from being an idiot. During his sanity years he was indeed a great thinker. Besides he said some naughty things about Plato and Socrates in his writings. So basically I'm only doing Plato and Socrates a little bit of justice. I have respect for him, but I just don't take him too serious.

wink

You know, i was meant to read tons about him, and i never did embarrasment I blagged my way through it.

But you're right. Thats great thinkers for you stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 04:18 PM
lil bitchiness
-

quote:
Originally posted by WindDancer
That's it! I don't care if you call me names or insult my posts. But that attitude towards lil bitchiness isn't acceptable! Take some days off the board.

love Thank you!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 04:19 PM
Storm
Black belt BJJ

quote:
How original to quote from someone else to back you up! At least I took the trouble to construct my own dictum: IGNORANCE IS A BOTHERSOME FLY TO INTELLECTUALS.

Well, illusion of knowledge? tell that to your self. I don't claim to have knowledge...knowledge is in any case not indicative of intelligence - intelligence is the ability to think logical and rational and creative on a superior level.

Anyway, if one is ignorant, one surely will not discover anything, not even one's own ignorance!

You came up to my expectations, very predictable reply.

You also probably took the trouble to construct your own dictum when you quoted Nietzsche.

Bye.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 04:23 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
teop
Restricted

Account Restricted

What the f*ck is insulting about calling someone ignorant!? Windancer and lil bitchiness, the two of you are childish in being affected by me calling people ignorant. This forum seems to me to be flooded by total f*ucking no-brainers, no philosophers. Well, screw all of you moderators acting like police men!

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 04:26 PM
teop is currently offline Click here to Send teop a Private Message Find more posts by teop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Hello and bye again Philosophicus.

Make poverty history.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 04:26 PM
lil bitchiness
-

That has just earn you a permanent ban.

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 04:29 PM