KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » I, Robot-- looks like a Matrix Prequel-- is it?

I, Robot-- looks like a Matrix Prequel-- is it?
Started by: Striel

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

i think that its weird that it has matrix music in it , but the story line is eerily familiar to the second Renaissance......weird

BRAWL FRIEND CODE: 3823-8176-3726

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 08:37 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
4pocalyps3x
... M u l t i M i x ...

Yes...it is...

Darkness. A pain we must all grow to love, or loathe. There are those who accept sorrows’ hand, and those who drown in their isolated silence. Sweet poison may take the lives of those who bleed, yet even those with wings of honor will feel its hateful sting. Our days are as we choose them. Darkened souls could wilt, grey hearts could cry tears of ash, but the brilliant glare of freedom can save only those who would label dreams as a constant truth.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 09:01 PM
4pocalyps3x is currently offline Click here to Send 4pocalyps3x a Private Message Find more posts by 4pocalyps3x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Vicious

In my opinion many movies can be tied to The Matrix universe, you could say that it starts with I, Robot(which looked great in the trailer), then it would continue in The Terminator were they destroy almost every human being and it would end in The Matrix were Neo saves everything, i for one know it has nothing to do with the Matrix but could use it as a pre-matrix when arranging my DVD collection! By the way Revolutions sucked!

"A lie, Mr. Mulder, is most convincingly hidden between two truths." Deep Throat.

Old Post Apr 4th, 2004 10:05 PM
Darth Vicious is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Vicious a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Vicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

holy shit...that is the matrix music...its too similar for them not to be in it together somehow...i mean, yeah, the matrix is from other works, but still...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 5th, 2004 03:57 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Assuming that the film does not greatly divert from Asimov's ideas, the importance difference is that the Asimov robots lack a. a desire to rule in their own self-interest or b. an ego that demands equitable treatment, which they do not see as their function.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Apr 6th, 2004 01:45 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solo

Well Will Smith was second in line to play Neo and yeah that is a kick @$$ trailer.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2004 02:55 PM
Solo is currently offline Click here to Send Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

I still think that its weird that Neodammurung was playing.....

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 02:20 PM
((The_Anomaly)) is currently offline Click here to Send ((The_Anomaly)) a Private Message Find more posts by ((The_Anomaly)) Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: you trout!

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 02:25 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

wtf is a trout? What the f**k?

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 02:27 PM
Korri

its a fish no expression

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 02:32 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

ok....that makes less sence when u explained it....but oh well

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 02:33 PM
Korri

the common brown trout...

a fish which dwells in the lakes and rivers of Great Britian no expression

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 02:36 PM
((The_Anomaly))
2003 Super Senior Member

yes i know but why am I a trout? as far as i can tell im not a fish that dwells in the lakes of Britian..........

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 02:38 PM
Korri

its just a random comment no expression

Old Post Apr 7th, 2004 02:44 PM
pslice

holy crap that so badly could be a Matrix Prequel. That IS second renisance

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 04:06 PM
pslice is currently offline Click here to Send pslice a Private Message Find more posts by pslice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

if the robots name was B166ER, then yes, it would be second renaissance. however...it does resemble very strongly...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 04:15 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

quote:
Originally posted by pslice
holy crap that so badly could be a Matrix Prequel. That IS second renisance

'Cept it's based off a book, more likely the 2nd Renaissance was the book.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 08:06 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mailedbypostman
I'm just a messenger.

Will SMITH playing Neo? No way... Anyway i starting to think that it is related to the matrix. But the first thought that popped into mind when i saw it was Terminator 3.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 08:36 PM
mailedbypostman is currently offline Click here to Send mailedbypostman a Private Message Find more posts by mailedbypostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MC Mike
Voice of the Voiceless

It's sad to look at all the inferences on this page. stick out tongue Asimov wrote a classic novel about robots and it was titled "I, Robot." From the looks f the trailer, they've almost trashed the main idea of a series of stories and decided to make one big story. Second Renaissance was BASED on these novels, not these novels based on Second Renaissance. roll eyes (sarcastic)

A posse ad esse.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 08:59 PM
MC Mike is currently offline Click here to Send MC Mike a Private Message Find more posts by MC Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

yeah, i was just about to write that, Mike...but you beat me...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Apr 10th, 2004 11:16 PM