KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » ROTS Count Dooku vs. ROTJ Luke

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Count Dooku 25 58.14%
Luke 16 37.21%
Neither 2 4.65%
Total: 43 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

ROTS Count Dooku vs. ROTJ Luke
Started by: CountQuan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CountQuan
Restricted

Account Restricted

ROTS Count Dooku vs. ROTJ Luke

Who would win?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 02:59 PM
Click here to Send CountQuan a Private Message Find more posts by CountQuan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

This is pretty straightforward. Luke was hardly a Jedi master by any means in ROTJ, and I doubt very much that a young, inexperienced Form V practitioner could defeat a Sith lord who mastered Form II.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 06:45 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I agree.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 08:13 PM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CountQuan
Restricted

Account Restricted

Since Anakin killed Dooku, I'll say Luke can beat him.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 09:47 PM
Click here to Send CountQuan a Private Message Find more posts by CountQuan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

What kind of logic is that?

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 10:25 PM
Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkNemesis
Uber Dark Lord

CountQuan, Anakin was on top of his game in ROTS and he has been a jedi for nearly a decade and a half, received a considerable amount of formal training, and plus his incredible sensitivity to the force, sure he can beat Dooku.

But Luke in ROTJ is a completely different story. He trained with Master Yoda for only a few days before he ran off. From then on, he never received any formal training. In ROTJ, he only had like two years or experience as a Jedi. The fact that the force was with Luke becomes almost irrelevant if he lacks experience and proper training.

Honestly, you cannot say Luke can defeat Dooku just because Anakin did. You have to compare them the more realistic way, by experience, amount of training, and skill.

So the bottom line is, Dooku would slaughter Luke in utter and convincing fashion.

"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof." (Thanks TRiNiTYfemi for the sig!)

Last edited by DarkNemesis on Feb 21st, 2005 at 10:51 PM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2005 10:49 PM
Click here to Send DarkNemesis a Private Message Find more posts by DarkNemesis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sith Master X
Darth Sadistic

I'd have to say Dooku on this one. Luke begins to show his full potential in ROTJ, but with Dooku's experience, I think he'd easily prevail.

I like George.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 02:55 AM
Click here to Send Sith Master X a Private Message Find more posts by Sith Master X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

While the powers of the darkside and experience are with Dooku, Luke would win, the second time.
First Dooku would chop his hand off and they would have a rematch...

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 03:08 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

But seriously I think Dooku would lose because Luke is the son of skywalker, his genetics demand that he whoops ass.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 03:10 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Nefarus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Nefarus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I think you're putting too much stock into genetics and potential. The child of Einstein could perhaps be the brightest scientist of his or her era, or could be a high school drop-out with a serious bout of alcoholism. Potential is never an excuse or substitute for skill and experience.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 05:28 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

"Potential is never an excuse or substitute for skill and experience."

Luke (more potential) defeated Darth Vader, (more skill and experience)
and look how little time he had to train in order to do it. I'm not saying genetics makes you amazing, just in Luke and Anakin's case. I mean, Luke is related to the force.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 07:20 AM
Arsenal

quote:
Originally posted by Darth_Nefarus
I mean, Luke is related to the force.

That has got to be a good thing.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 08:22 AM
Click here to Send Arsenal a Private Message Find more posts by Arsenal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CountQuan
Restricted

Account Restricted

The force is strong in the SKywalker family. That's what Yoda says so i think Luke wins it.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 03:12 PM
ArthasKnight
Dark Lord of the Sith

Luke beat Vader in ROTJ because Vader was drastically weakened at this time. He was nothing like he was in ROTS, a shadow of his former self. How strong and agile can you be while being trapped in a mechanical suit? Seriously. Luke was lucky he wasn't fighting Anakin in his prime, or Luke would've been dead before he could draw his lightsaber. Like many have said, Luke barely got any training at all.

As for Dooku, he trained at the Jedi Academy all his life and became a full-fledged Jedi Knight. He became an excellent duelist with a lightsaber and mastered the use of the Force. Not to mention that he defeated a Jedi Knight and his Padawan, and Dooku's old Master, the strongest Force user in the Academy, not long after that. In ROTS, we see him fight both Obi-Wan and Anakin at the same time and hold them both off. It's not until Anakin gives in to the dark side that Dooku bites the big one.

Honestly, how can you say that Luke would win?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 03:33 PM
Click here to Send ArthasKnight a Private Message Find more posts by ArthasKnight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

A WHOLE lot of luck.
But I guess you're right, if Anakin got smacked around with someone helping him, then I'm afraid Luke would bite the big red saber.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 07:29 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Well, the Force tends to look after the innocent and the foolish. Dooku would probably slip on his cape and saber himself.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 07:52 PM
Darth_Nefarus
Redi Knight

lol
Luke would prolly just get mad and knock his saber hand off of him.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 11:44 PM
Exile
Sith Assassin

They probably will kill each other from a long hard fight.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 03:06 AM
Click here to Send Exile a Private Message Find more posts by Exile Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sexyking

quote:
Originally posted by Darth_Janus
I think you're putting too much stock into genetics and potential. The child of Einstein could perhaps be the brightest scientist of his or her era, or could be a high school drop-out with a serious bout of alcoholism. Potential is never an excuse or substitute for skill and experience.

Actually genetics is more physical then mental and since anakinss chlorine's arein his cell then is not wrong to believe luke inherited some of that in hi cell.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 01:42 PM
Click here to Send sexyking a Private Message Find more posts by sexyking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

**** I don't think Luke could have killed DV in a real battle. And he seriously couldn't beat Dooku.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 04:01 PM
Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote