KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Bishop vs Doom

Bishop vs Doom
Started by: Khellendros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Khellendros
Doom can try strangling or beating Bish up, but it's not going to be easy. Like I said, Bishop knowns tactics for countering almost any super power, super strength included, and he's a damn good fighter.

What if he just grabs him in the throat and crushes it.

(Hr has class 2 strenght)

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 06:18 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
What if he just grabs him in the throat and crushes it.

(Hr has class 2 strenght)

What is class 2 in pounds/tons? On the 1 to 7 scale isn't 2 about average, or are you using a different scale? Anyways, he's going to have to be damn fast or lucky, because if Bishop sees his hand coming, chances are he can either dodge or counter in some way.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 06:43 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

Doom's armor under normal conditions can lift 2 tons. I'm assuming he
can boost this for brief periods as needed.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 06:45 PM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordFear

Why the f*&^K are most of the Xmen like upgraded to stupid levels.
Expecting????? Just like VVD just mentioned, why can't he just expect an assault all the time and therefore be invincible???
That's why I stopped buying Xmen. They are getting ridiculous. 10 years ago you would see or read that Logan could slash IM with one hit and disable him. Now he is jumping off of stuff killing dozens, doing stunts that are DD level and beating a powerhouse like IM. Xmen suck period!!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 06:46 PM
LordFear is currently offline Click here to Send LordFear a Private Message Find more posts by LordFear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
I don't buy this. It's almost as dubious as Doomsday's alleged power.

If he can block anything he's expecting: why not just expect everything all the time? How do we define expecting? Physically anticipating the specific attack? What about a machine gun? Surely he isn't anticipating each bullet, so he's just generally anticipating the attack: again, why not always anticipate everything?

Another case of X-Men upgrading going past the point of credulity I feel.

Unless anyone has a proper explanation of how the power functions.

I don't think anyone mutant in Marvel can use their power all the time. Even those with super strength and speed get tired eventually. He very likely would get tired if he used his power all the time, even if just from mental fatigue. One assumes he has to see an opportunity for attack (like someone he doesn't know holding a gun) and react by activating some sort of energy absorbing field.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 06:47 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by Zahit
Doom's armor under normal conditions can lift 2 tons. I'm assuming he
can boost this for brief periods as needed.

Still, though, he's going to have to be damn fast. Bishop can use absorbed energy to ramp up his own strength and endurance as well and it's a simple matter to dodge or even through someone lunging at your throat.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 06:51 PM
LordFear

Furthermore let's argue that Bishop has his "expectations powers" at full blast. How is someone as proficient in the art of magic and hexes as Victor cannot defeat him? We are assuming that magic obeys by the same laws as kinetic energy? Magic may obey by certain laws but it's nothing scientific therefore it's safe to assume that Doom would realize who he is up against and switch to his magic. As a last resort, Doom could also just preprogam his armor to detonate at maximum level within a certain amount of time and transport himself out of it while he witnesses Bishop's body limbs go flying.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 06:57 PM
LordFear is currently offline Click here to Send LordFear a Private Message Find more posts by LordFear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

When he has used all his energy, he is normal human. Doom still has his armor.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 06:57 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't ever........ever.......ever wanna hear another person say "Doom is overrated" ever again.

The X-Men and their associates are getting to be the most overrated characters on this entire board, for no reason at all.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 07:01 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by LordFear
Furthermore let's argue that Bishop has his "expectations powers" at full blast. How is someone as proficient in the art of magic and hexes as Victor cannot defeat him? We are assuming that magic obeys by the same laws as kinetic energy? Magic may obey by certain laws but it's nothing scientific therefore it's safe to assume that Doom would realize who he is up against and switch to his magic. As a last resort, Doom could also just preprogam his armor to detonate at maximum level within a certain amount of time and transport himself out of it while he witnesses Bishop's body limbs go flying.

Magic may not be energy that obeys the laws of physics as we know them, but it is still energy. I still say its fifty-fifty. As for the suit blowing up, well, see all posts before this. Even if it's too large for him to store all at once, he could begin releasing the energy from his body when eh began approaching his limit. He's done so before when he got stabbed with a psychic knife by Legion. He created a sort of backfeed loop.

When he has used all his energy, he is normal human. Doom still has his armor.

Yeah, but how do you deplete the energy reserves of an enemy who gains more energy from just about every attack you can make.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 07:11 PM
Mainstream
lighting the way

Black power? not this time Doom takes it!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 07:12 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm waiting for the day that Professor X's becomes both the world's best martial artist and break dancer in one.

Not much of a change in X-Men terms.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 07:13 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I'm waiting for the day that Professor X's becomes both the world's best martial artist and break dancer in one.

Not much of a change in X-Men terms.

-AC

Naah, they really don't seem to wanna let that man keep a working pair of legs. Even if he got them back for a while, they'd just get shattered again.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 07:16 PM
LordFear

Don't you people see what I and several other members are trying to say? We are arguing how a simple man like Bishop albeit powerful in his own rights but yet a fairly one dimensional character is boosted into insane levels. By rights that would mean that Bishop could go toe to toe with Thor, Loki, Fing Fang Foom or the Destroyer armor or EVEN Silver Surfer. It's complete nonsense. WHEN is this XMEn insanity gonna end???
It's like if you are an XMAN you can't lose!!!What's that all about? Doom usurped Beyonder, SS, and other massive beings powers. He can't knock off Bishop>??????????????

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 07:16 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

People are so intent on proving that A) Doom is overrated and B) The X-Men are good, that they don't stay on topic for very long. They bury themselves in theoretics and eventualities.

Rather than waking up and saying, "Wait....it IS Doom Vs Bishop"...and realising how dumb it is.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 07:20 PM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Originally posted by LordFear
Don't you people see what I and several other members are trying to say? We are arguing how a simple man like Bishop albeit powerful in his own rights but yet a fairly one dimensional character is boosted into insane levels. By rights that would mean that Bishop could go toe to toe with Thor, Loki, Fing Fang Foom or the Destroyer armor or EVEN Silver Surfer. It's complete nonsense. WHEN is this XMEn insanity gonna end???
It's like if you are an XMAN you can't lose!!!What's that all about? Doom usurped Beyonder, SS, and other massive beings powers. He can't knock off Bishop>??????????????

Sure I see what you're saying, it just doesn't bug me as much as it does you. Except for that damn Emma turning to diamonf thing, these upgrades really just seem like the natural progression of developing powers.

People are so intent on proving that A) Doom is overrated and B) The X-Men are good, that they don't stay on topic for very long. They bury themselves in theoretics and eventualities.

Rather than waking up and saying, "Wait....it IS Doom Vs Bishop"...and realising how dumb it is.

Actually, I'm not that intent this time. I just threw this out there to see what happened. I believe Bishop can keep the fight going for a good long time, but I'm not gonna lose sleep if, say, someone points to a comic where Bishop fails to absorb magic and essentially kills this debate.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 07:25 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Keeping the fight going doesn't matter if the result is him losing.

This happens in every thread. "Rogue would lose to Hulk but she'd go down fighting", she's going down though, so what does it matter?

X-Men hyping needs to end. Just pointless.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 07:28 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by Khellendros

Yeah, but how do you deplete the energy reserves of an enemy who gains more energy from just about every attack you can make.

Strangling? Using a spell that turns him into a cow?

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 07:31 PM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Keeping the fight going doesn't matter if the result is him losing.

This happens in every thread. "Rogue would lose to Hulk but she'd go down fighting", she's going down though, so what does it matter?

X-Men hyping needs to end. Just pointless.

-AC

Yeah, well, if Doom runs out of power before Bishop does, that's a bit of a loss isn't it?

Strangling? Using a spell that turns him into a cow?

Strangling is almost certainly not going to happen because Bishop is an excellent fighter. There's no decisive evidence that magical energy can or can't be absorbed, so that's a big fat maybe.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 07:33 PM
ebonyblade1

yeah bishop has been upgraded. But his biggest upgrade isn't his power but his mind. When Age of Apoc happened bishop had to absorb a lot of chronal energy. That alone should have made him the most powerful being in marvel. When you think about it chronal energy is suppose to be the reason sentry is so powerful. Anyway, so to explain that he had to be able to absorb most if not all types of energy. I don't have a problem with it because he was cool when he got there and he is still a cool character. Anyway since he is from the future bishop has knowledge about the major players in marvel weaknesses and strength. How they die and how they live. You know stuff like that. Plus he was trained to fight in a very harsh time in human period. So yeah he's a badass. I say doom wins with some gadget that he teleports from his castle. but doom will not beat bishop in a physical one on one battle. If he uses magic it's no contest. You can't beat a magical armor made out of some one who loves you. But that's kinda weak and defeated in it's own way.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2005 07:42 PM
ebonyblade1 is currently offline Click here to Send ebonyblade1 a Private Message Find more posts by ebonyblade1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote