KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Haldir's Death

Haldir's Death
Started by: LegolasLuva

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Haldir o Lórien
Slayer of Light

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darkman87
If you talk about the unarmored men or villagers, you are right but if you talk about Gondor, i think you are mistaken. Haldir, I remember he did some pretty good moves however if you remember the time the keep exploded all elves were killed by Uruks' spears.

haha no they were not. only one of them was impaled by a spear. they fought, yes, for a while but it was only when they were called back to the keep that they were mostly all killed because they were too concentrated on getting back to the keep, which took them off guard, and which also made them easier bate for the Uruks.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2006 08:20 PM
Haldir o Lórien is currently offline Click here to Send Haldir o Lórien a Private Message Find more posts by Haldir o Lórien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lillith_MacBeth
Unknown Arrancar

I don't get it why did they make Haldir die in the movie........he didn't die in the book so why in the movie?

And that scene did ruin the rest of the movie for me......*cries*

Fascinated by every smiling face/It's alright if everything shatters

Old Post Mar 30th, 2006 05:45 AM
Lillith_MacBeth is currently offline Click here to Send Lillith_MacBeth a Private Message Find more posts by Lillith_MacBeth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DanielLB
The Bad Wolf

Just to add more depth to the story......and to give him a bigger role.

http://cjbannister.users.btopenworld.com/Home.htm

Old Post Mar 31st, 2006 06:27 PM
DanielLB is currently offline Click here to Send DanielLB a Private Message Find more posts by DanielLB Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanice
traceur

the weird thing about haldirs death is... well I can't remember him dying in the books. And the whole "elf army showing up" thing never happened in the books. And if the elves would have sent an army Haldir wouldn't lead it. He's just some kind of border guard. Not a general or commander.

Old Post May 10th, 2006 05:48 PM
vanice is currently offline Click here to Send vanice a Private Message Find more posts by vanice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

Haldir didnt die in the books so mayb thats why you couldnt remeber it ??? perhaps

Old Post May 10th, 2006 06:02 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haldir o Lórien
Slayer of Light

Originally posted by ladygrim
Haldir didnt die in the books so mayb thats why you couldnt remeber it ??? perhaps

LOL yeah ... its more of a comfort that Haldir's death didnt happen in the book, because it's tolkien's story, not pete jackson's wink

Old Post May 10th, 2006 08:23 PM
Haldir o Lórien is currently offline Click here to Send Haldir o Lórien a Private Message Find more posts by Haldir o Lórien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draugwen
The Wanderer

Yeah... I'm very happy about that wink

And I'm not sure about it, but they said all of these Lórien elves that weren't there in the book died there in the movie, right? Leaves me wondering why a little... I mean, they weren't the only fighters there, but certainly about the most skilled... I don't see why they should all have died.
Tell me what I'm overlooking...
And Legolas didn't either... stick out tongue (I'd have had a good amount of
aggression against a certain movie-maker if he had wink )
Besides, I didn't think it very nice that these elves haven't even been mentioned or anything of the like later on... not in one sentence.
But that might also have been the entire lack of mention of all those who died at Helm's Deep... They're dead, so who cares? Tssss...

Old Post May 11th, 2006 08:49 PM
Draugwen is currently offline Click here to Send Draugwen a Private Message Find more posts by Draugwen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haldir o Lórien
Slayer of Light

true .. in the end like EVERY one of them died .. not ONE was left at helm's deep, so i find that hard to believe

Old Post May 11th, 2006 11:43 PM
vanice
traceur

Ok this is a little of topic but I don't see why peter jacksson changed the in battle helms deep so radically. cause thetre were no elfs in that battle (exept legolas, he is complaning a lot about that...) and Éomer was there all along. He is the one who says: "may this be the time when we draw swords tohether". It's completely pointless. Why changa such a good script, and why kill Haldir? confused

Old Post May 12th, 2006 02:01 PM
vanice is currently offline Click here to Send vanice a Private Message Find more posts by vanice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanice
traceur

Ok this is a little off topic but I don't see why peter jacksson changed the in battle helms deep so radically. cause there were no elfs in that battle (exept legolas, he is complaning a lot about that...) and Éomer was there all along. He is the one who says: "may this be the time when we draw swords tohether". It's completely pointless. Why change such a good script, and why kill Haldir? confused

Old Post May 12th, 2006 02:02 PM
Draugwen
The Wanderer

Probably Éomer wasn't there because they needed a good group of Rohirrim to come from the outside and they haven't brought in Erkenbrand wink
Why the elves? No idea. They look impressive stick out tongue And why they all died... probably sort of dramatic effect... *shrugs* I'd have survived with a little less of that.

Old Post May 12th, 2006 07:23 PM
Draugwen is currently offline Click here to Send Draugwen a Private Message Find more posts by Draugwen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanice
traceur

yeah well it freaks me out.....

unnecessery.....

Old Post May 14th, 2006 08:06 PM
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

Originally posted by vanice
Ok this is a little off topic but I don't see why peter jacksson changed the in battle helms deep so radically. cause there were no elfs in that battle (exept legolas, he is complaning a lot about that...) and Éomer was there all along. He is the one who says: "may this be the time when we draw swords tohether". It's completely pointless. Why change such a good script, and why kill Haldir? confused

I think pete jackson changed the battle not drastically but i think the was what he added to the battle makes it some what more easy and intreting to watch .Personally i found reading helms deep rather huh dull but thats my opinion

Old Post May 15th, 2006 02:21 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vanice
traceur

yeah well the helms deep chapter in the book is not too easy to understand...

Old Post May 25th, 2006 10:13 AM
warcraft xs

Originally posted by LegolasLuva
laughing "Olympic Uruk'Hai..." Ha ha! I liked all those arrows in that fight. I think it would be more boring without the elves. All those hundreds of arrows flying all over the place made the battleground seem more... "Alive"... Unsettled... More active, know what I mean? yes ninja Ninja Elves! Now THAT would be a sight to see! Or Zorro Elves...! zorro

ya but it would have been cool if the director followed the book (way more ppl in rohan, no elves, gimli getting trapped in fight in caves, and erkenbrand saving the day with reinforcements)

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2006 04:55 AM
warcraft xs is currently offline Click here to Send warcraft xs a Private Message Find more posts by warcraft xs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haldir o Lórien
Slayer of Light

Actually I think it would be WAY more interesting if they followed the book more. I'd rather see what I'd read in the book, not a whole changed up story...

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 04:40 AM
Final Blaxican
Restricted

Account Restricted

OFF TOPIC!

The book version of the fight was rather boring to me, and sketchy. P.J. IMO had a knack for describing everything in excellent detail sexcept for the battle sceens. They always seemed so short in the books to me.

Plus, Peter jackson didn't most likely have the hardcore Lotr fans in mind when he made movies. He's trying to make a lot of money when it coems down to it, so he made the movie more appealing tot he average movie goer, taking out certain boring parts from the books and pumping up the fight scens more.

Also why he put in all that crap about Aragorn dreaming about Arwen, he P.J. was trying to put in more of a love story, because in the books Arwens actually doing something like 3 times in all the books.

Average people want to see A) Senseless violence and action. B) Some sort of deep love conenction (Thank you Titanic, you f*cker.) C) A good plot.

P.J. supplied all of that by adding in his own action stuff, the love triangle between Arwen, Aragorn, and Eowyn. And the plot was tweaked a bit to make it not so confusing.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 09:16 AM
Final Blaxican is currently offline Click here to Send Final Blaxican a Private Message Find more posts by Final Blaxican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Rover

Movie-Haldir sucked! stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 31st, 2006 05:10 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haldir o Lórien
Slayer of Light

Originally posted by Belegûr
Movie-Haldir sucked! stick out tongue
He did not suck at all!! miffed He was just different from the book Haldir, but that doesn't make him suck!

Old Post Aug 10th, 2006 06:38 PM
Hammad Ahsan

Well, I must say that I was touched, almost made me cry even though it devoates from the books here, I think this would be one of the only scenes that PJ made himself and that touched me.

Old Post Sep 3rd, 2006 01:52 PM
Hammad Ahsan is currently offline Click here to Send Hammad Ahsan a Private Message Find more posts by Hammad Ahsan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote