KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Lord of the Rings » Haldir's Death

Haldir's Death
Started by: LegolasLuva

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Exabyte

Ok then it's the wrong photo erm
The one I mean does have some similarities with Haleth but it isn't him, he is never named, you don't even see his face

... evil Exa roll eyes (sarcastic) embarrasment

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 10:08 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fëanor

quote:
Originally posted by Arroch

... evil Exa roll eyes (sarcastic) embarrasment

and yet again...you have proven only that you are human.... stick out tongue

Old Post Jun 14th, 2004 10:11 PM
Fëanor is currently offline Click here to Send Fëanor a Private Message Find more posts by Fëanor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

i think the music in that death scene is rather emotional makes it more morbid

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 01:01 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

when we first see Haldir walking up at Helms Deep and Theoden says something like "what is this?" - Haldir is walking like he is "the elf" stick out tongue

I am sure he must of died in Lorien, no way would Jackson make the mistake of doing it if he didn't in Lorien

Discos - yet another mis-matched mistake from the books

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 02:46 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Exabyte

quote:
Originally posted by Discos
no way would Jackson make the mistake of doing it if he didn't in Lorien

Mistake?
Jackson cannot know if Haldir died in Lórien because Tolkien writes nothing about it, in the books there is definitely nothing stating that he died,
But of course there is also nothing saying that he stayed alive,
So this is rather an interpretation, an added idea, not a mistake.

Though I don't like the idea...

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 04:33 PM
Exabyte is currently offline Click here to Send Exabyte a Private Message Find more posts by Exabyte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

an idea, they had many of those

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 04:35 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nazgul lord

yeah i was affected because i thought it was gay!
Haldir was a champ and he had cool armour and they made hime die.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 10:53 PM
Nazgul lord is currently offline Click here to Send Nazgul lord a Private Message Find more posts by Nazgul lord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

i miss read wat u sed i thought it read camp ... lol

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 10:18 AM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

gay?

Discos - christ not this again

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 12:34 PM
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

thats wat i thought it sed but i was rong it sed champ

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 04:29 PM
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

my mistake

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 04:29 PM
Discos
The Discmeister

blink

Discos -

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 04:31 PM
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

sorry ....

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 04:31 PM
Discos
The Discmeister

anyways,

do you think maybe (in the film) Aragorn could have been held responsible for Hadlri's death. Haldir was on the wall and doing not to bad slayings and Aragorn shouted on him distracting him

Also, do ya think maybe (In ROTK) when Theoden says "hail the victorious dead" that Aragorn as a pause before drinking to remember Haldir?

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 04:33 PM
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

yeah i also noticed that haldir got attaked soon afta aragorn shouted him which obviously distracted him ??? Is aragorn to blame for this heroes death ... hmmm

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 08:27 PM
Discos
The Discmeister

meh, I probably say not.

If I can remember correctly I think Haldir killed another orc right after Aragorn shouted on him,

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 08:31 PM
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

he killed 0one in the process of aragorn shouting him straight afta that he gets attked himself ??? i think its been a day or two since i have watxched it

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 08:53 PM
Discos
The Discmeister

its been a week and 1 day since I watched it, not that its imortant,

a Urik stabbed him in the back, looked quite soar. But anyways he died none the less in Aragorn's hands and THAT my my lady grim is what makes it sad yes

Discos - good talk bud

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 08:56 PM
Naib
Come and get me!

quote:
Originally posted by ladygrim
yeah i also noticed that haldir got attaked soon afta aragorn shouted him which obviously distracted him ??? Is aragorn to blame for this heroes death ... hmmm

I would not think Aragorn distracted him when he shouted to retreat back to the keep, because aftwerwards he did kill one before being wounded which led to an attack from the rear. I would not blame Aragorn for Haldir's death, quite possibly a mere seconds of hesitation is all that it would take especially in pitch battle.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 08:59 PM
Naib is currently offline Click here to Send Naib a Private Message Find more posts by Naib Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

i know it gets me all emtional when he sees his fellow elves dying .. i may splurt a few tears at that mo ... sad confused

Old Post Jun 17th, 2004 08:59 PM