KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Count Dooku & ROTS Obi-Wan vs. Darth Revan

Count Dooku & ROTS Obi-Wan vs. Darth Revan
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Dooku & Obi-Wan 9 47.37%
Revan 9 47.37%
No one 1 5.26%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Count Dooku & ROTS Obi-Wan vs. Darth Revan
Started by: CountQuan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wanderer259

NOTE: This is long. Read only if you don't mind long posts are you just like more fire for your debates.

Master, therefore RotS, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus vs Darth Revan. Let's do some dismantling, but we'll only deal with what could be a factor in physical combat (Revan and Dooku's respective talents for inspiring loyalty and gathering allies aren't valid, for instance).

Master Obi-Wan Kenobi

- At this point in time, Obi-Wan is a member of the Jedi council on Coruscant. From this alone, it's safe to assume that not only is the Force flowing strongly through him, but he has also attained an immense degree of control.

- Obi-Wan is completely trained and obviously more than capable, however, his knowledge of the Force, as I understand it, is pretty standard as far as Jedi at the time go. There's nothing special here; no ancient or forbidden knowledge, no special or unique Force skills/powers, etc.

- Obi-Wan's fighting style with a lightsaber is based on Form III, which is primarily defensive. For a Jedi who undertook training during an extended time of peace, this is perfect; it's very Jedi-like to focus on defense and the preservation of yourself. It's an incredibly useful style of combat when your enemy isn't using a lightsaber him/herself, but in a dual, it's not terribly advantageous.

- Master Kenobi contributed highly to the Jedi's strategies in the Clone Wars and became legendary for it. He's also constantly level-headed and collected, so I'd place him as a 'master tactician'.

Count Dooku/Darth Tyranus

- As a Sith Lord, obviously Dooku's got something going for him over most of the Force-user population. He was trained by Yoda, which might mean something for anyone who thinks Yoda is the greatest ever. The Jedi archives list Dooku as formidable, and if the Jedi themselves are going to say he's a threat, well then dammit, he is one. He challenged Yoda.

- Dooku was trained by Yoda, who is obviously well-learned and wise in Force-related knowledge, but beyond that, I think his training is pretty standard. He may or may not have received much additional training from Sidious, but I would say he had, since he was throwing Force lightning around like it was no one's business.

- Dooku's lightsaber style of combat is considered to be 'old school', but it's served him well. He's considered to be incredibly skilled with a lightsaber, better focused and skilled in saber-on-saber dueling, and between him and his teammate, he's the better duelist. He held his own against Yoda. That crap about Yoda not trying to kill or hurt Dooku is moot here; there's no way you can't kill or at seriously maim someone with a lightsaber, and Dooku kept Yoda from doing that.

- Dooku wasn't known for being much of a strategist. Rallying troops and allies, sure, but as a tactician in itself: nothing particularly special or dangerous. All of that 'Well, he manipulated stuff, blah blah blah' doesn't matter, because it's all just stuff Sidious told him to do anyway. Of the two teammates, Obi's the better here.

------------------------
Darth Revan

- In terms of raw power and control, Revan is beyond the other two. Revan's mere presence overwhelms other Jedi (note, Bastila, and she herself was considered to be unusually strong) and he was also a Dark Lord of the Sith; the only true Dark Lords we know are big-bads so there's something here in itself. Intensely feared by the entire Jedi order, able to power and control the Star Forge, and draw from Malachor-I-forget-the-number without his own will breaking, we're talking some serious power. He even regained master of his power quickly, in a matter of weeks, even after it had been completely wiped.

- Training wise, I can't say that the KotOR era's Jedi training was any more effective than the prequel trilogy era, however, we do know that Revan was enthralled with gaining knowledge, no matter how forbidden, and that he learned from many different sources. A text-book geek who could do everything he learned.

- Lightsaber-wise, Revan comes from a period where Jedi and Sith often clashed with lightsabers -- a far cry from the movie period, in which even during the resurgence of the Sith in the Clone Wars, no Jedi expected to be fighting against another lightsaber. We also know Revan was incredibly skilled even for a Jedi of this time period, because he whipped a lot of ass. He also has Tulak Hord's holocron, which is pretty much a manual to "How to Be the Best Duelist... Ever".

- Strategically, Revan is almost the sole reason why the Mandalorians lost their war with the Republic. He was tactically devastating and even against the Republic itself, his only slip-up was in his underestimation of Darth Malak.

--------------------------

In the end, I'd have to say Revan wins. It's not unusual for a single individual to win in a saber duel against two opponents; we see it often in the movies itself. Dooku is a prime example. Obi-Wan Kenobi has no clear advantage over Revan; if it weren't for his ability to strategize, he'd be simply out-matched and would only serve as a distraction for Dooku. Dooku himself can't match Revan in sheer power, knowledge of the Force, nor in tactics, and thus we'll have to go on his ability with a lightsaber. Dooku, who is far more knowledgeable in the act of fighting against another lightsaber, might be able to give Revan a hard time, but in the end, I think it'd be Revan who'd win their duel. Skilled on his own, vastly more experienced than even Dooku, and a learner of Tulak Hord himself, Revan's just the better.

Since this is the two at the same time against Darth Revan, I'd say it may give Revan a hard time, but in the end, when the dust has cleared, Revan, albeit perhaps injured, will still be the victor.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 01:50 AM
Click here to Send Wanderer259 a Private Message Find more posts by Wanderer259 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RocasAtoll

Revan will win cuz of his abilities.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 02:01 AM
Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

Excellent points. And very well put together. You've analyzed all the combatants, given credit where it is due (I mean, Obi Wan and Dooku are two of my favorite movie characters) and yet come to a conclusion which I could support no matter who I favored.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 02:03 AM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

Completly agree with Wanderer.... Dooku and Obi would die in this fight

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 06:30 AM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kun-ni Habeo
Restricted

Account Restricted

revan pwns them
2janus
i don't think revan can beat sadow,cuz if he could he could take down tulak too

ZIVELA SRBIJA I BUREK!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 12:35 PM
Click here to Send Kun-ni Habeo a Private Message Find more posts by Kun-ni Habeo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fishy

How the hell do you figure that?

Thanks TWelling4Ever

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 02:16 PM
Click here to Send Fishy a Private Message Find more posts by Fishy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kun-ni Habeo
Restricted

Account Restricted

cuz naga sadow is stronger then tulak hord

ZIVELA SRBIJA I BUREK!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 02:53 PM
Click here to Send Kun-ni Habeo a Private Message Find more posts by Kun-ni Habeo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I doubt that. Tulak Hord is the only Sith lord buried on Korriban who used a lightsaber and was renowned for it. Sadow's poisoned blade is actually a piece when you really look at it. Certainly no match for a lightsaber, and I doubt it had a cortosis weave to it. The Echani made that, not the Sith.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 07:10 PM
Click here to Send Janus Marius a Private Message Find more posts by Janus Marius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kun-ni Habeo
Restricted

Account Restricted

yes but naga was amazing with the force,and actually i think his poison blade can match a lightsaber,cuz naga surely had some wicked magic to protect the sword(i thought of this few days ago)lol

ZIVELA SRBIJA I BUREK!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 08:33 PM
Janus Marius
Plo Koon Rulez!

I don't see it happening. Sorry dude

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 08:35 PM
Kun-ni Habeo
Restricted

Account Restricted

why not ?it is pure logic,maga sadow maybe didn't have a saber but he had his own mega giga supr dupr weapon

ZIVELA SRBIJA I BUREK!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 08:36 PM
Stealth
Ranger

In jedi academy, didn't Marka Ragnos did some force thing to Tavion's blade making it match Jaden's lightsaber. So Naga Sadow could probably do it...

For Fritos.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 08:50 PM
Click here to Send Stealth a Private Message Find more posts by Stealth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kun-ni Habeo
Restricted

Account Restricted

finally.....thank you.....lol......i said it is pure logic

ZIVELA SRBIJA I BUREK!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 08:53 PM
Wanderer259

Well, if you want to be extremely technical, power doesn't always equate knowledge. Naga Sadow might have the capability of Force-amping his blade to match a lightsaber, but does he know how? Not that I'd know, really, just being nit-picky for the sake of it.

Do we know for sure that Sadow is stronger than Hord?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 09:00 PM
Click here to Send Wanderer259 a Private Message Find more posts by Wanderer259 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kun-ni Habeo
Restricted

Account Restricted

yes..it is said in kotor ....lol

ZIVELA SRBIJA I BUREK!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 09:07 PM
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

Sith Swords
These alchemically reinforced blades can withstand any blow. Their indestructible nature allows them to even parry lightsbers. Such weapons have survived through thousands of generations and yet remain in perfect condition, their edges sharp and their blades straight. A Fabled Sith Sword is passed from Dark Lord of The Sith to Dark Lord of The Sith. The Creation of A Sith Sword Takes a Sith Alchemist. Sith Swords may be found upon ancient Sith grounds.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 09:16 PM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kun-ni Habeo
Restricted

Account Restricted

i told ya so.....

ZIVELA SRBIJA I BUREK!

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 09:18 PM
Darth_DaNThEMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

Janus does vote for revan a lot.

i only vote for maul when i honestly think he can win, so dont try it.

i think obi and dooku take this one, but not easily.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 12:56 AM
Click here to Send Darth_DaNThEMaN a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_DaNThEMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_Glentract
The Truest Sith Lord

maybe Janus honestly think that Revan would win.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 12:58 AM
Click here to Send Darth_Glentract a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Glentract Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth_DaNThEMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

oh i never said he didnt

i was just defending myself.
i just said he votes for him a lot.

and i wuld stick up for janus over snake eyes everyday of the week.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 01:00 AM
Click here to Send Darth_DaNThEMaN a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_DaNThEMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote