KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Top Street Fighter

Top Fighter
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Shin Akuma 12 63.16%
Evil Ryu 5 26.32%
Ultimate Rugal 0 0%
Shao Khan 0 0%
Shinnok 0 0%
Kintaro 0 0%
M. Bison 0 0%
Dragon King 1 5.26%
Goro 0 0%
Motaro 0 0%
Gill 1 5.26%
Total: 19 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Top Street Fighter
Started by: wolf biologist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

well according to the games, he lost his energy for that round and could no longer regain it for that round, not match. I thought that super wasn't nearly as bad because you could nail him out of it, and the angel of death super was cheap, unparriable, and took of like 1/3 life with Ryu while you blocked, and could take your bar if you weren't.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 07:28 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I wish they put Orochi on that list.. sad

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 09:31 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I know we could have done without kintaro.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 5th, 2005 10:34 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

alright guys i have read quite a bit of what you guys have said and Ryu can beat akuma though maybe not yet ok

at the end of street fighter alpha Ryu went to fight akuma in the story as capcom have stated the fight actaully ended in a somewhat stalemate when akuma said Ryu wasn't Ready for him punched the ground then island sank.

Now in STF3 appearntly in the story of things ORO appeaered to look for a pupil of sorts he fought both Ryu and i think Akuma though he only offered to teach Ryu as he believed that Ryu's potential far surpasses his own.

This leads me to beleive that Ryu could potentially be stronger/powerful than some of the tier 1 characters that were mentioned

Also how many times do i have to say it if you are going by the characters in the game then fair enough but if you are going by actual story continuity then "Evil/Dark Ryu" doesn't actually exist as Capcom japan has stated before Evil ryu is just Normal Ryu except he just lets "go" and indulges his killing intent.

Ryu gets stonger or does things he wouldn't normally do because he is "letting go" he is "not holding back" there is no "Evil RYU" and the only time Capcom have stated that this so called "Evil RYU" even made an appearence is whenn he fought Sagat

As you know Sagat beat him to a Pulp and then Ryu "lost it" "he let go" and put that mark on his chest with the Dragon punch it was stated that it was within that brief moment Ryu became what you define as "Evil RYU" but only for a few seconds he then regained control and took out Sagat with the Hadouken

It was from that time that Ryu became troubled with himself and began to go on a search about the mysteries of the dark hadou and how to tackle it.

So Ryu and Evil Ryu shouldn't really be defined as two different things as this Evil Ryu is just Normal Ryu except when he wants to win at all costs thats all.

Capcom of Japan have stated they didn't want Evil Ryu to even exist within the games as it is a misinterpretation of how they wanted Ryu to be seen in this state they just wanted this new state of Ryu to be perceived as Ryu but not holding back or letting go" but it was Capcom of America that really put him in and even then alot of Evil Ryu's story's are done in "what if" scenearios never actually really in the continuity of the story really.

Also somone spoke abvout Sagat losing to Adon if you read the Story line into it Capcom states that Sagat threw the fight and let Adon win so that he wouldn't hurt his pupils pride or confidence.

I am sorry but you have to disregard alot of what you see in some of the movies as it is just made up and is cannon.

Like street fihgter 2 the animated movie is all made up and is cannon more or less

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 03:38 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

we all understand that evil ryu and shin akuma are one in the same, we just use that to show the state of mind they are in

anywayI was just mentioning the Alpha 3 story line of course akuma is going to be shown more powerful while ryu is going to have more potential, hes the boss while ryu's the main character.

thats all i have to say

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 7th, 2005 03:51 PM
dvampire
xenogears

quote: (post)
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
alright guys i have read quite a bit of what you guys have said and Ryu can beat akuma though maybe not yet ok

at the end of street fighter alpha Ryu went to fight akuma in the story as capcom have stated the fight actaully ended in a somewhat stalemate when akuma said Ryu wasn't Ready for him punched the ground then island sank.

Now in STF3 appearntly in the story of things ORO appeaered to look for a pupil of sorts he fought both Ryu and i think Akuma though he only offered to teach Ryu as he believed that Ryu's potential far surpasses his own.

This leads me to beleive that Ryu could potentially be stronger/powerful than some of the tier 1 characters that were mentioned

Also how many times do i have to say it if you are going by the characters in the game then fair enough but if you are going by actual story continuity then "Evil/Dark Ryu" doesn't actually exist as Capcom japan has stated before Evil ryu is just Normal Ryu except he just lets "go" and indulges his killing intent.

Ryu gets stonger or does things he wouldn't normally do because he is "letting go" he is "not holding back" there is no "Evil RYU" and the only time Capcom have stated that this so called "Evil RYU" even made an appearence is whenn he fought Sagat

As you know Sagat beat him to a Pulp and then Ryu "lost it" "he let go" and put that mark on his chest with the Dragon punch it was stated that it was within that brief moment Ryu became what you define as "Evil RYU" but only for a few seconds he then regained control and took out Sagat with the Hadouken

It was from that time that Ryu became troubled with himself and began to go on a search about the mysteries of the dark hadou and how to tackle it.

So Ryu and Evil Ryu shouldn't really be defined as two different things as this Evil Ryu is just Normal Ryu except when he wants to win at all costs thats all.

Capcom of Japan have stated they didn't want Evil Ryu to even exist within the games as it is a misinterpretation of how they wanted Ryu to be seen in this state they just wanted this new state of Ryu to be perceived as Ryu but not holding back or letting go" but it was Capcom of America that really put him in and even then alot of Evil Ryu's story's are done in "what if" scenearios never actually really in the continuity of the story really.

Also somone spoke abvout Sagat losing to Adon if you read the Story line into it Capcom states that Sagat threw the fight and let Adon win so that he wouldn't hurt his pupils pride or confidence.

I am sorry but you have to disregard alot of what you see in some of the movies as it is just made up and is cannon.

Like street fihgter 2 the animated movie is all made up and is cannon more or less

Evil Ryu is Ryu unlocked potential. smile

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 08:30 PM
dvampire is currently offline Click here to Send dvampire a Private Message Find more posts by dvampire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hoshi

ryu evil potential in fact

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 08:32 PM
Hoshi is currently offline Click here to Send Hoshi a Private Message Find more posts by Hoshi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dvampire
xenogears

Re: Top Street Fighter

Originally posted by wolf biologist
I was just wondering what the best match would be between any 2 given characters from Mortal Kombat or street fighter. But I do not want this thread to be just about everybody arguing about which game is better. I just want people to discuss what match will be the best and give the outcome and reason. It can be street fighter against street fighter, SF vs. MK, or MK vs. MK. I really don't care but just don't make it about which game is better. For me I will do SF vs. SF: Akuma vs. Gill. Who will win? You decide.

Shin Akuma

Then Gill. I still don't know how powerful Gill is, but this guy spilt the ocean by just raising his hand.

Evil Ryu

M. Bison

Oro, Orochi and Igniz should have been on that list too. smile

Last edited by dvampire on Jun 13th, 2005 at 08:53 PM

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 08:50 PM
dvampire is currently offline Click here to Send dvampire a Private Message Find more posts by dvampire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Gill is cosmic, honestly akuma should only be able to put up a good fight against him.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 13th, 2005 11:47 PM
dvampire
xenogears

Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Gill is cosmic, honestly akuma should only be able to put up a good fight against him.

I disagree. Oro is up there with Akuma and Gill in power too. Oro and Akuma fought and stalmated each other (even though nether one of them was fighting at full power); they was just testing each others power. The reason why Oro fights with one arm and seals his power is to keep from killing his opponents.

Oro belief in himself and that anything is possible has propelled his skills forward and taught him many secret fighting techniques. Boredom with his hermit lifestyle set in and he soon realized he needed better ways to pass time. During tedious days, he became aware of the fact that many people weren't prepared for the knowledege he was now ready to share. In order to find a succesor for his secrets and extensive martials arts, Oro journeyed forth in search of worthy fighters (he found Ryu)

Oro is currently trainning Ryu (as we all know), so I look forward to seeing what new powers Ryu gets. smile

Last edited by dvampire on Jun 14th, 2005 at 03:09 AM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2005 02:57 AM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Well it was known that akuma shungokusatsued, Gill but he survived, only Gen did that and he lost his mind and soul

Granted shin akuma, oro, and gill are the baddest, but fighting oro is a joke to gill and especially shin akuma

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 14th, 2005 09:55 AM
dvampire
xenogears

Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Well it was known that akuma shungokusatsued, Gill but he survived, only Gen did that and he lost his mind and soul

Granted shin akuma, oro, and gill are the baddest, but fighting oro is a joke to gill and especially shin akuma

I don't know if they're stronger then him or not, but hes very powerful if he fights with one arm and seals his power. But I guess we will have to wait until the next SF. big grin

Old Post Jun 14th, 2005 06:52 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

amen to that brother]

KNEEL BEFORE YOUR MASTER!!!

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 14th, 2005 06:58 PM