KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Music Discussion » Bands Vs Thread

Bands Vs Thread
Started by: Deathblow

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (80): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StinkFist462
Your Mom

sabbath

ramones or sex pistols ?

Old Post May 12th, 2005 09:00 PM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LifeIsKillingMe
Restricted

Account Restricted

ramones

Mayhem vs Cannibal Corpse

I've felt the hate rise up in me
Kneel down and clear the stone of leaves
I wander out where you can't see
Inside my shell I wait and bleed....

Old Post May 12th, 2005 09:05 PM
LifeIsKillingMe is currently offline Click here to Send LifeIsKillingMe a Private Message Find more posts by LifeIsKillingMe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StinkFist462
Your Mom

CC

Pink Floyrd or Led Zep ?

Old Post May 13th, 2005 05:05 AM
StinkFist462 is currently offline Click here to Send StinkFist462 a Private Message Find more posts by StinkFist462 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deathblow
-

Zep

Soundgarden or Pearl Jam

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Revan
Uhh... No. Wu-Tang are fairly good and I enjoy listening to them from time to time, but they're FAR from the best hip hop group ever.

No way. No other group has revolutionised and dominated hip-hop as much as Wu have. The combined quality of Ghostface Killah, GZA, Method Man, Inspectah Deck, Raekwon and (on his day) U-God is unbelievable. Plus RZA's beats are like no other. Only groups that can even compete with Wu at their height would be Public Enemy, A Tribe Called Quest, and possibly Company Flow.

Old Post May 13th, 2005 02:18 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Soundgarden

I would just like to interupt this game for a moment to remind everybody that Wu Tang Clan aint nuttin to **** wit.

Ok.. now back to business.
Biggie vs Rakim (who's got better flow)

Old Post May 13th, 2005 02:58 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ax3l
Dream Finder

TOOL Vs. A Perfect Circle

AND

TOOL Vs. NIN

One little spark...

Old Post May 13th, 2005 03:19 PM
Ax3l is currently offline Click here to Send Ax3l a Private Message Find more posts by Ax3l Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Tool x 2

Biggie vs Rakim (who's got better flow)

Old Post May 13th, 2005 05:31 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'd say Public Enemy revolutionised Hip Hop more because it extended beyond the music.

As far as skill, I'd put Chuck above most of Wu-Tang besides Method Man, GZA and ODB in their day. Overall though, I think Wu-Tang made the better music.

Tool and Tool, with regards to the above. Why do people keep comparing Tool to NIN? There's no comparison, at all. Same with APC.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post May 13th, 2005 06:11 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Chuck is better lyricaly than Meth and ODB IMO. Public Enemy is good and all but nobody has enough good material to match the Wu. Kinda unfair though considering how many members/associates they have.

Old Post May 13th, 2005 06:15 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think Meth was amazing in his day. Chuck is one of if not my most favourite MC but I always PREFERED Meth.

I don't consider half of Wu's members because I think Ghostface and U-God are shit, IMO. Although U-God has some sweet verses. On their own they mostly suck. Raekwon I don't mind coz he gave us Cuban Linx.

Much love to both groups though.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post May 13th, 2005 06:20 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

I don't really like U-God either, but Ghostface? To each his own, I guess.

Old Post May 13th, 2005 06:39 PM
Deathblow
-

Ghostface shit??? I don't get that at all I'm sorry. He can be a little indecipherable at times, but he's so versatile and clever, his delivery is completely unique, and he can change pace so smoothly, you literally can't sing along to his verses (see his bit in Protect Ya Neck, the one on The W, not the original) because you just end up breathless. Must be annoying for him though, if he was in any other rap group on earth, he'd be able to boast about having the best flow, but he has to end up second to Inspectah Deck.

I don't think any of the Clan are shitty, although I have no idea why I like U-God as much as I do, for some reason I'm just drawn to his verses. I really liked Golden Arms Redemption, Pleasure And Pain is the best beat in the history of all that is Wu in my opinion, and Night The City Cried is one of the best Wu affiliated tracks period.

And just for the record, IMO by far the strongest link in the Clan is and always has been GZA.

Old Post May 13th, 2005 08:48 PM
Deathblow is currently offline Click here to Send Deathblow a Private Message Find more posts by Deathblow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

You call it 'unique'. The Streets are 'unique'. Retards are 'unique'.

I never said you had to 'get' it. I said I think he's shitty.

Versatile and clever? I've never thought anything he's said is either of those.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post May 13th, 2005 08:58 PM
Deathblow
-

Yeah and? Unique means out of the ordinary, no matter what context you put it in.

Again, and? I didn't get your opinion, I don't need anyone to ask me to do that.

Well, that's were we disagree then. I'm not gonna turn this into a big long debate and drag the thread OT, but surely anyone who can be spitting insane battle rhymes with ODB on one album, providing dark as hell street narrative on another album, then spilling his heart and soul like no other MC would dare on another, I'd call that versatile. As for the clever part, I think his complex flow structures and the ''stream of conciousness'' lyrics speak for themselves. Not trying to convince you to change your opinion (not that I could), obviously, just saying is all.

Old Post May 13th, 2005 09:39 PM
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Deathblow
Yeah and? Unique means out of the ordinary, no matter what context you put it in.

Exactly. I don't label people who I believe to be shit, unique, just because they're different.

The Streets are different, it doesn't mean they're good.

Originally posted by Deathblow
Again, and? I didn't get your opinion, I don't need anyone to ask me to do that.

Well, that's were we disagree then. I'm not gonna turn this into a big long debate and drag the thread OT, but surely anyone who can be spitting insane battle rhymes with ODB on one album, providing dark as hell street narrative on another album, then spilling his heart and soul like no other MC would dare on another, I'd call that versatile. As for the clever part, I think his complex flow structures and the ''stream of conciousness'' lyrics speak for themselves. Not trying to convince you to change your opinion (not that I could), obviously, just saying is all.

Well you'd call that versatile, fine. He's not doing anything other MC's can't do or haven't done. He's telling stories that have been told many times before, better too. Spitting insane battle rhymes, providing dark narrative and spilling your heart and soul is all well and good but what? That's just 3 things. Then again, I listen to Mike Patton. So versatile means different things to me.

As far as clever, I'm no fan of stream of consciousness lyrics though, I think they're just pretentious and shit. I like the odd At the Drive-In/The Mars Volta lyric but those too are stream of consciousness and they're shit. I don't think complex flow structure and vocab are clever, you can learn vocab in any school or by reading a dictionary/thesaurus. You listen to Canibus albums, you should know that. The man leans on a thesaurus and overcomplicates his words to seem ultra intelligent when anyone could go and do that. If I wanted to I could write a simple rhyme about the space/time continuum and thesaurus it up to seem like a genius, but it wouldn't be coming from me. It'd be coming from a book. So I don't find base things impressive. ODB barely knew how to speak and I'd put him above most of these vocab-heavies any day of the week.

Not trying to change your opinion either, nor could I. Just saying also.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

Old Post May 13th, 2005 10:56 PM
Treehuggerjanie
im thinking about...

ninja

Old Post May 14th, 2005 03:22 PM
Treehuggerjanie is currently offline Click here to Send Treehuggerjanie a Private Message Find more posts by Treehuggerjanie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RedAlertv2

Bad Religion vs. NOFX

How Could Hell Be Any Worse?

Old Post May 14th, 2005 06:19 PM
RedAlertv2 is currently offline Click here to Send RedAlertv2 a Private Message Find more posts by RedAlertv2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ladyluck

nofx

britney or christina?(ahahahakidding)

motley crue or poison?

Old Post May 14th, 2005 09:10 PM
Ladyluck is currently offline Click here to Send Ladyluck a Private Message Find more posts by Ladyluck Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dear Lord neither

Misfits or Pink Floyd

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post May 14th, 2005 10:58 PM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Floyd

Thelonius Monk vs Duke Ellington

Old Post May 14th, 2005 11:33 PM