KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Artwork Forum » Poetry Corner » Ou Be Low hoo's Astounding Works Of Staggering Genius...

Ou Be Low hoo's Astounding Works Of Staggering Genius...
Started by: Ou Be Low hoo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

Yeah I agree with you totally, cuz books have totally increased my vocabulary.... but I still don't know what some of those words you said mean. That's what I meant about the dictionary comment.... need it to look up those words! stick out tongue big grin

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 05:40 AM
Coldfire is currently offline Click here to Send Coldfire a Private Message Find more posts by Coldfire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

To Dance And Dine

To dance and dine,
Drink some wine...
It's a fine line
Between love and hate,
Stop feeling so irate,
It'll make your life deflate...
Stop short of what it ought to be -
Lovely, beautiful and so elementary!
Water, wind, your face, the sun
No cloud will ever shadow it,
Once it's un-done...
Released like a bird,
Once caught, now free...
That is how it should forever be let be;
Appreciation of life,
Rejection of distress...
Misery is not your calling,
And it suits no-one best...

Fin.

Ou, Ou, Ou is all you Need...

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 05:03 AM
Ou Be Low hoo is currently offline Click here to Send Ou Be Low hoo a Private Message Find more posts by Ou Be Low hoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coldfire
<3 <3 <3

Ooo that was good OBLH. I like the imagery in it big grin

Old Post Apr 27th, 2005 10:05 PM
Coldfire is currently offline Click here to Send Coldfire a Private Message Find more posts by Coldfire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ou Be Low hoo
Thank you, but you don't enhance your vocabulary by reading a dictionary...You do it by reading good books.

OMG you're just too fecking awesome! Right on OBLh...

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 01:58 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by lil bitchiness
OMG you're just too fecking awesome! Right on OBLh...

I'm beginning to suspect that your eulogizing is more than a little sarcastic and less than a lottle sincere. It is a tangled web you weave, Miss lil b...

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 05:32 AM
Ou Be Low hoo is currently offline Click here to Send Ou Be Low hoo a Private Message Find more posts by Ou Be Low hoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

On Surfing

The smell. That's what you recognise first. A strange oxymoronic mix of both the fresh and the stale; Nature's own seasoning already evident in the air you inhale. The staleness perhaps eminating from the land - in shock from the contact of something so alive and living. Not that the land is dead...merely the more staid relative of the vibrant and ever moving water that holds it.

Next comes the sound. Furious and roaring in the strongest storm, yet quiet and relaxed on a calm, summer's day. The sound, or occasional lack of it, is what surfers perhaps notice most. As if the living voice of the ocean is speaking to them directly. Whether its a thunderous tenor or a slight soprano, the voice gives you a sense of what is to come for your eyes. BUT...there are also contradictions to be found in the many calls of the ocean. Sometimes the quitest whisper can be followed by the loudest call. These are the days of awe...

On firts presentation with the peacock-like beauty of the ocean's wealth, little can be said. The azure tones of a velvet sea, coupled with the clock-work pulses from some far away wart of weather is an amazing sight. To look upon a calm ocean, and the watch this blanket of certainty be disrupted by a rise in the horizon is the jewel in the ocean's crown for a surfer. The sweet synergy between a perfumed off-shore and a rising ground sweel being the most fortunate of circumstances for any surfer to cast eyes upon. In these rare, ever yearned for instances, exuberance over-flows and the desperation to become part of this liquid symphony is enough to reawaken the inner child. 'Reawakened innocence'. Perhaps this is what ignites the surfer's soul. From our liquid birth to our liquid rebirth...once reawoken it soon becomes a surge that no barrier can repel.

The joy of these occasions is highlighted by the knowledge that such combinations are infrequent. Yet despite this desire for Da Vinci's circle, our enjoyment is not restricted to a desire for perfection. TO most surfers, time in the water is time well spent, regardless of the conditions. A place of energy, life and friendship. Even during the frigid days of winter, it is a blessing to be part of the orchestral ocean - The life blood of the world.

Surfing can be a universally encompassing experience with friends and a solitary retreat from the 'real' world of man-made things. Both can even occur during the same session. From the room for one space in a hollow barrel, to the cries and cheers from friends as they observe the spectacle - this 'ALL' of surfing is what gives it it's resonance. I, for one, hope to be part of the chemistry forever and a day.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2005 05:57 AM
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Mofo corrections, yo:

'first' - not 'firts'
'war of weather' - not 'wart of weather'(!)

Old Post May 1st, 2005 02:38 AM
lil bitchiness
-

I'm beginning to suspect that your eulogizing is more than a little sarcastic and less than a lottle sincere. It is a tangled web you weave, Miss lil b...

Sorry, it wasn't actually meant to be sarcastic - I re-read my post and it seemed sarcastic - in a simple kind of way - the kind I would never use. Sarcasm only works when used intelligently, and that up there sounded like something 13 year old would say to sound sarcastic, so, nope, no sarcasm; I was generally giving you praise in a girly/goofy kind of way.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post May 4th, 2005 10:16 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Sorry, it wasn't actually meant to be sarcastic - I re-read my post and it seemed sarcastic - in a simple kind of way - the kind I would never use. Sarcasm only works when used intelligently, and that up there sounded like something 13 year old would say to sound sarcastic, so, nope, no sarcasm; I was generally giving you praise in a girly/goofy kind of way.

"ATTENTION!"
"1, 2, YES, SIR!"

All cleared up and shiny. Nice. Where's your stuff? DO IT!

Old Post May 5th, 2005 05:42 AM
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

My new masterpiece! Are you excited? You should be...

Everlasting Darkness and No Likey-likes

Oh! I'm so depressed,
My life is such a mess!
All the clouds are dark,
I'm all alone in this park!
I feel I'm being watched,
24/7, all around the clock,
Maybe I'll pick up this rock,
Smash it on my head
Then you won't have to worry...
Cos I'll be bled, red, totally dead with a hole in my head.
I want my big ted. Ma-ma?

You like so much, yes?

Old Post May 10th, 2005 04:58 AM
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

I LIKE! I LIKE! I LIKE!

Oh...And this is OFFICIALLY the most popular thread on the whole forum! Congratulations to me! Yay!

Click Here For The Results In Full...

Old Post May 12th, 2005 04:56 AM
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Turning Time

Turning Time and all that was,
Shall mix and merge beneath the seas,
Forgetting, remembering, stop-start-repeat...
As it ebbs and flows beneath my feet...
At the tall hour will it abate?
Recline, remove and regurgitate,
The cycle, the wheel, the falling star,
The kiss from a lover with a view afar,
In betwixt the midst and all aboard,
Treacle coated, ease to digest,
Increase the remedy, relieve the stress.
In the twiglight light between you and me,
Stands a shadow, not real, nor free...
If all that is shall forever be,
What stands there between you, you, me?

Old Post May 14th, 2005 10:50 AM
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Even though Ou Be Low hoo is the one saying it, Ou Be Low hoo's poetry is excellent and delicious.

Old Post May 15th, 2005 06:23 AM
Syren
dreaming

My new masterpiece! Are you excited? You should be...

Everlasting Darkness and No Likey-likes

Oh! I'm so depressed,
My life is such a mess!
All the clouds are dark,
I'm all alone in this park!
I feel I'm being watched,
24/7, all around the clock,
Maybe I'll pick up this rock,
Smash it on my head
Then you won't have to worry...
Cos I'll be bled, red, totally dead with a hole in my head.
I want my big ted. Ma-ma?

You like so much, yes?

For f.uck's sake. I think this is reaction enough happy

ThorinWoofer

Old Post May 15th, 2005 10:29 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Ulysses - Joyce
The Crying of Lot 49 - Pynchon
Ghostwritten - Mitchell
Cloud Atlas - Mitchell
Gulliver's Travels - Swift
Catcher in the Rye - Salinger
The Jitterbug Perfume - Robbins
Heart of Darkness - Conrad
1984 - Orwell
The Divine Comedy - Dante
Catch-22 - Heller
On The Road - Karouac
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - Adams
Foucault's Pendulum - Eco
To the Lighthouse - Woolf
Love in the Time of Cholera - Marquez
The Unbearable Lightness of Being - Kundera
Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance - Pirsig
The Great White Shark Hunt - Thompson
The Waste Land - Eliot

These spring readily to mind, however there are others...

That's quite a collection! I think the most insane I have read so far is probably Terry Pratchett embarrasment I do love the Discworld, I believe I always will... also a book entitled The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger, that was rather 'kooky', to say the least. I loved Gulliver when I was younger, the entire concept had me enraptured... and I also started the Hitchhiker's Guide but simply could not settle into it. Shame on me.

ThorinWoofer

Old Post May 15th, 2005 10:33 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King of Blades
The King

Well Ou Be Low hoo, I could say your poems are very good, as well as your arrogance. But there is a thread dedicated to that subject, of arrogance, in the Off Topic Forum. So I will leave that thread to do it's job. Just thought you'd like to know...

Old Post May 15th, 2005 10:59 PM
King of Blades is currently offline Click here to Send King of Blades a Private Message Find more posts by King of Blades Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Syren
For f.uck's sake. I think this is reaction enough happy

WHAT!?! Are you saying it's not excellent!?!?!

I read a few Terry Pratchett books when I was younger, but I have found that I have become a bit of a literary snob and I now don't find them 'worthy' enough...I'm such a d!ck! You should try THGTTG again...The fist part is excellent, but I did find that it went a little down-hill after that...Still funnier than most works of fiction though...

Old Post May 16th, 2005 04:20 AM
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by PrinceofBlades
Well Ou Be Low hoo, I could say your poems are very good, as well as your arrogance.

In time you will realise the difference between 'pseudo/faux-arrogance' and the real thing...

Old Post May 16th, 2005 04:22 AM
King of Blades
The King

In time you will realise the difference between 'pseudo/faux-arrogance' and the real thing...

the difference being in your case... you wishing you had pseudo/faux arrogance...

Old Post May 17th, 2005 02:13 AM
King of Blades is currently offline Click here to Send King of Blades a Private Message Find more posts by King of Blades Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by PrinceofBlades
the difference being in your case... you wishing you had pseudo/faux arrogance...

Like I said..."In time you will realise the difference..."

It doesn't happen over night, but keep your chin-up and plug away...

Old Post May 17th, 2005 04:16 AM