KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Full Potential Spectre VS. Full Potential Shazam

Full Potential Spectre VS. Full Potential Shazam
Started by: Sentry

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by whobdamandog
Uhh...Gammora and Pip should not be on that list...most of the others are Abstracts, Universal Forces, Gods, or Demons......The human level characters aren't really that powerful compared to them...DC has powered up Shazam to withstand the wrath of God for Cripes sake..you think that's not overpowered...all I have to say is..BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHHAHAH...erhem..Ha..

Gammora and Pip with their Infinity Gems are incredibly powerful.

The problem is that Marvel is extremely overpowered. DC has done the opposite for years. They have been depowering their characters. Marvel has given Cable, Gambit, Storm, Thor and even Magneto ridiculously powerful powerups.

Scarlet Witch. Need I say more?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 03:49 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

I cant argue with you there Draco. 100% right. For the most part.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 03:58 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Amen Draco. You cant argue with that.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 04:02 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

DC has archangel Michael, Lucifer mourning star, the beast. Are you kidding me. DC by far has more powerful characters on earth then do marvel. But marvel does have more powerful cosmic beings that kick DC a$$. but most of those characters where to take on precrisis characters that where to damn powerful, pre-crisis superman was to damn powerful sneezing a solar system out of existence now that is bullsh**.

But a full powered spectre will win by a mile, he has god on side.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 06:27 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

The characters you are referring to are few and inbetween. Marvel has an absurd amount of cosmic level characters. At least 100 of them. Pre-Crisis DC is said and done. Never again. Marvel on the other hand is fond of reinstating the Pre-Crisis characters. (i.e. Gladiator, Hyperion, Sentry)

Marvel has been amping their characters relentlessly.

Scarlet Witch used to have hex spheres. NOW she can alter all reality as she sees fits.

Magneto used to control magnetism. NOW he can create blackholes.

Wasp used to shrink to the size of a wasp. NOW she can grow to a hundred feet and fire bio-electric beams as well.

Beast used to only lift 2000 pds. NOW He can lift up to 40 tons.

Human Torch used to control flame. NOW he's a cosmic herald.

Jean Grey used to be a telekinetic. NOW she's the White Crown Phoenix.

Thor used to be the god of thunder. NOW he's insanely powerful with the OdinForce.

Storm used to control the weather. NOW she can alter the electromagnetic spectrum.

Spider-Man used to rely on web cartiriges. NOW he has organic webbing.

Gambit used to have only kinetic powers. NOW he has telepathy.

Emma Frost used to be a telepath. NOW she can turn into a diamond.

She-Hulk could lift 75 tons max. NOW she can beat the Champion and can lift the Thing's max...with one arm.

Falcon used to control ONE bird. NOW he can control an entire freakin flock.

Iceman used to be a sub-par ice manipulator. NOW his control over temperature is ridiculous.

Quicksilver used to go at 500 mph max. NOW he can break the sound barrier.

Wonder Man used to be a guy with super-strength. NOW he's a pure ionic being with immortality.

The Hulk used to be vulnerable to telepathy. NOW he's immune to telepathy.

Psylocke used to have psy-knives. NOW she has uber-powerful telekinesis.

Ridiculous.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 06:42 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
whobdamandog
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Draco69
Gammora and Pip with their Infinity Gems are incredibly powerful.

Not really..they're a little bit stronger and faster..that's it..they really don't know how to use the gems very well......anyway..neither of them come close to the level of power of most of the others you mentioned on that list...

quote:

The problem is that Marvel is extremely overpowered. DC has done the opposite for years. They have been depowering their characters. Marvel has given Cable, Gambit, Storm, Thor and even Magneto ridiculously powerful powerups.

Somewhat..DC has always had ridiculously overpowered characters..they toned it down a bit in the 80's..key words here are "a bit." IMO, Marvel has always had better continuity, better storylines, and more logical progression when introducing/upgrading characters.

DC on the other hand just goes to extremes..I mean the current Aquaman could give freaking the Hulk and all the Avengers a hard time for Cripes Sake..same goes for Batman(giving him a freaking mother box ruins the initial concept of the character)..and the rest of the JLA..

DC definately tops Marvel when it comes to the fantasy and the obsurd departments...

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 10:35 PM
whobdamandog is currently offline Click here to Send whobdamandog a Private Message Find more posts by whobdamandog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Somewhat..DC has always had ridiculously overpowered characters..they toned it down a bit in the 80's..key words here are "a bit." IMO, Marvel has always had better continuity, better storylines, and more logical progression when introducing/upgrading characters.

DC on the other hand just goes to extremes..I mean the current Aquaman could give freaking the Hulk and all the Avengers a hard time for Cripes Sake..same goes for Batman(giving him a freaking mother box ruins the initial concept of the character)..and the rest of the JLA..

DC definately tops Marvel when it comes to the fantasy and the obsurd departments...

And Current Scarlet Witch destroyed the Avengers and is a threat to all reality. You're comparing Aquaman to her?

Marvel has been amping their characters relentlessly.

Scarlet Witch used to have hex spheres. NOW she can alter all reality as she sees fits.

Magneto used to control magnetism. NOW he can create blackholes.

Wasp used to shrink to the size of a wasp. NOW she can grow to a hundred feet and fire bio-electric beams as well.

Beast used to only lift 2000 pds. NOW He can lift up to 40 tons.

Human Torch used to control flame. NOW he's a cosmic herald.

Jean Grey used to be a telekinetic. NOW she's the White Crown Phoenix.

Thor used to be the god of thunder. NOW he's insanely powerful with the OdinForce.

Storm used to control the weather. NOW she can alter the electromagnetic spectrum.

Spider-Man used to rely on web cartiriges. NOW he has organic webbing.

Gambit used to have only kinetic powers. NOW he has telepathy.

Emma Frost used to be a telepath. NOW she can turn into a diamond.

She-Hulk could lift 75 tons max. NOW she can beat the Champion and can lift the Thing's max...with one arm.

Falcon used to control ONE bird. NOW he can control an entire freakin flock.

Iceman used to be a sub-par ice manipulator. NOW his control over temperature is ridiculous.

Quicksilver used to go at 500 mph max. NOW he can break the sound barrier.

Wonder Man used to be a guy with super-strength. NOW he's a pure ionic being with immortality.

The Hulk used to be vulnerable to telepathy. NOW he's immune to telepathy.

Psylocke used to have psy-knives. NOW she has uber-powerful telekinesis.

Stating that Marvel has "better" storylines is your opinion but certainly not evidence for overpowering. I on the other hand have provided the above.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 10:38 PM
whobdamandog
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well I've already given one example(ie Aquaman..Here are a couple of others..)

Shazam...

Batman...(Mother box and master of 127 different martial arts, has everything but the kitchen sink in the damb utility belt)

Flash....(Do I really need to explain)

Wonder Woman(..She's 2nd to Superman..)

Atom..can essentially defeat anyone with his abilities...

Zatana...she can do anything she wants all she has to do is say it backwards..lol..(give me a break)

The list goes on and on..and there's no reason in hell as to why Shazam should be able to take on God..lol

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 10:45 PM
whobdamandog is currently offline Click here to Send whobdamandog a Private Message Find more posts by whobdamandog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Correction. Zantana doesnt really have to say the spells backwards anymore.

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 10:51 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
whobdamandog
Restricted

Account Restricted

Many of the changes you mentioned above represented a logical progression of the characters powers..Ice Man, Quick Silver, Magneto, Hulk and many of the others you mentioned didn't make these changes over night. But again..this is all my opinion, anyway you slice it, both of these companies have really become pretty redundant and ridiculous when it comes to upgrading their characters.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 10:53 PM
jrodslam

Many of the changes you mentioned above represented a logical progression of the characters powers..Ice Man, Quick Silver, Magneto, Hulk and many of the others you mentioned didn't make these changes over night. But again..this is all my opinion, anyway you slice it, both of these companies have really become pretty redundant and ridiculous when it comes to upgrading their characters.

Agreed.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 10:54 PM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Well I've already given one example(ie Aquaman..Here are a couple of others..)

Shazam...

Batman...(Mother box and master of 127 different martial arts, has everything but the kitchen sink in the damb utility belt)

Flash....(Do I really need to explain)

Wonder Woman(..She's 2nd to Superman..)

Atom..can essentially defeat anyone with his abilities...

Zatana...she can do anything she wants all she has to do is say it backwards..lol..(give me a break)

The list goes on and on..and there's no reason in hell as to why Shazam should be able to take on God..lol

Magneto can create blackholes

The Hulk can destroy planet-sized astroids.

Thor has the blasted OdinForce

Scarlet Witch can do ANYTHING.

Wonder Man has ridiculous amount of power.

Storm can create gravitywells.

Sersi. Need say more?

There's really no comparsion

You only refer to the top 5 of DC. Which is what everybody else does. But like everyone else you don't refer to the BIG PICTURE. Marvel is ridiculously overpowered. Silver Surfer, Ego, Celestials, Galactus, Thanos, etc. The list goes on forever.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 10:57 PM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

And the characters you have mentioned have stayed the same for the most part. Marvel has boosted nearly every goddamn character in their arsenal. And with no signs of letting up.

And how is Gambit getting telepathy and She-Hulk gettin the Power Gem logical?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 10:58 PM
The Flash
Faster Than You

Originally posted by gautam
yo....which jl comic is it which slade goes against the jl.....i wanna buy it....never read it....but ive heard so much about it....
Identity Crisis #3

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 11:13 PM
The Flash is currently offline Click here to Send The Flash a Private Message Find more posts by The Flash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
whobdamandog
Restricted

Account Restricted

You must not have read many Marvel Titles. The asteroid incident, for example..was actually done quite a while back in Hulk's respective history. Anyway..Hulk has always done things that are..well.."Incredible"...over the course of his history. If anything..he's been powered down quite a bit in recent years..

She Hulk is really written to be a parody on comic book characters as a whole....her upgrade really isn't meant to be taken seriously...

Thor became the "All Father" of Asgard after Odin passed away...thus giving him a power upgrade...

Wonderman has always been powerful..and really has been downgraded quite a bit over the years...

Anyway..my basic point is that Marvel generally has a "logical" explanation as to why there characters receive power boosts..They usually give some sort of quasi scientific explanation as to why the character received an upgrade..Unlike DC's typical "Let's rewrite history" approach..lol ...I mean..I understand the concept of "suspsension of disbelief" must be applied when reading comics..but DC takes this concept to a completely "absurd" level... I have an easier time accepting Ice Man being able to freeze water molecules, than I do with Shazam being able to go toe to toe with God..puhleasse...

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 11:29 PM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Since when can Shazam go toe to toe with God? What you talking about? The Spectre is rogue. His powers have decreased dramatically.

I'm arguing that Marvel has been boosting any and all of their characters for no reason. Sure there's an explanation for it. But it doesn't make it any less ridiculous.

DC has remained consistent since the Crisis. Aquaman was the only person they really upgraded. And he NEEDED an upgrade. Marvel upgrades every single mutant and omega-level character they can get their hands on.

And if you look at if from a bigger picture, the COSMIC scale of Marvel is ridiculous. DC Earth keeps it consistent. But Marvel warps all reasoning on the cosmic scale as well as the planetary scale.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2005 11:33 PM
whobdamandog
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Draco69
...Since when can Shazam go toe to toe with God? What you talking about? The Spectre is rogue. His powers have decreased dramatically.

Let me break this down in simple terms...

There is no way in hell some smiley howdy-doody looking Superman rip off should be able to withstand even the smallest portion of "God's Wrath" aka..the Spectre..

Nuff Said... laughing laughing

P.S. Your info on Marvel's comics/characters is waay off...trust me..I'm a huge Marvel Buff...

P.S.S. Read more Marvel Comics....

P.S.S.S. DC sucks..BWAHAHAHAHAHAAH..erhem..ha..

Last edited by whobdamandog on Apr 25th, 2005 at 03:01 AM

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 02:59 AM
leonheartmm

dc has generally been much more ridiculous in terms of powering their characters, and the scarlet witch cant do ANYTHING she wants, she still quite weak.

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 09:19 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
phillipan

what power uprgrade has storm had that ppl listed her?

Old Post Apr 25th, 2005 09:37 PM
phillipan is currently offline Click here to Send phillipan a Private Message Find more posts by phillipan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

when did the spectre go rogue???

The Word

Old Post Apr 26th, 2005 02:44 AM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote