KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Battle of the Next-Generation Consoles

Which next-generation console are you most looking forward to?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
PlayStation 3 120 36.47%
Xbox 360 92 27.96%
Nintendo Wii 82 24.92%
Undecided / too early to tell 23 6.99%
I’ll stick with the classic consoles, thank-you-very-much! 12 3.65%
Total: 329 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Battle of the Next-Generation Consoles
Started by: Morgoths_Wrath

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (110): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 12 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
I agree, ps2 is mucho better with many variations, and has a parrallel setup, perfecrt for figting, racing, platforming, hell anything.

the only more user friendly would be the old NES controller, but it doesn't have too many buttons.

The 360 controller looks alot more user frienly than the "chafe" controller for the current console. (Black and white buttons are now shoulder buttons, FINALLY! big grin )

But yeah, Sony had the right idea to begin with. stick out tongue

Touché.no expression, Rose of Isis, Walsh, Piggles shifty, MG , Scribble , Ms Chelle, Quincy, Clovie, Syren, Lea.no expression, Emma Representing™ on Steam | My Steam Profile; Chance™

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 02:54 AM
Chance SL is currently offline Click here to Send Chance SL a Private Message Find more posts by Chance SL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I like the idea with Nintendo Revolution. Download old NES, SNES, and N64 games so now I can play good old games.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 03:06 AM
ESB -1138 is currently offline Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by Thael
The 360 controller looks alot more user frienly than the "chafe" controller for the current console. (Black and white buttons are now shoulder buttons, FINALLY! big grin )

But yeah, Sony had the right idea to begin with. stick out tongue

DAMNED STRAIGHT!@@!

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 01:41 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

Gah, noticed an error I made, the RSX isn't the Cell, thats the CPU *slaps forehead*, the graphics card has been dubbed the "Reality Synthesiser". (so I've read) blink

Touché.no expression, Rose of Isis, Walsh, Piggles shifty, MG , Scribble , Ms Chelle, Quincy, Clovie, Syren, Lea.no expression, Emma Representing™ on Steam | My Steam Profile; Chance™

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 05:11 PM
Chance SL is currently offline Click here to Send Chance SL a Private Message Find more posts by Chance SL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

ohhhhhhhh. confused

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 06:04 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

only annoying thing I find about the dual analog design , is that while its nice to be able to have controls over 2 types of movement.. when you have to press the buttons in conjunction with the moving.. you lose a degree of freedom...

for instance if I want to make a jumping turn and melee.. I have to sacrifice looking for the time that I melee.. where I can then regain control over my sights (considering my thumb must leave the analog stick to press melee.. or switch grenades.. or jump )... not that this is only for halo2.. but for most FPS types or games that try to utilize the entire controller.. maybe its just me though messed

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 06:10 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

maybe, I use no analog for fighters, though I appreciate that its parallel.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 21st, 2005 06:44 PM
Chance SL
Chance(TM)

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
only annoying thing I find about the dual analog design , is that while its nice to be able to have controls over 2 types of movement.. when you have to press the buttons in conjunction with the moving.. you lose a degree of freedom...

for instance if I want to make a jumping turn and melee.. I have to sacrifice looking for the time that I melee.. where I can then regain control over my sights (considering my thumb must leave the analog stick to press melee.. or switch grenades.. or jump )... not that this is only for halo2.. but for most FPS types or games that try to utilize the entire controller.. maybe its just me though messed

Halo 2 isn't much of a prob with the "Boxer" setting, unless you don't like the idea of 'nades on B and Melee on L. big grin

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2005 09:42 PM
theobvious
Moment of Truth

The Revolution will be televised. Rev all the way.
but i do have one question. why are most games using the analog sticks? It makes it harder to control your character when you move forward and backward with one and left and right with the other. I'm referring to fps' of course.

Thanks To NWO for the Sig.

Old Post Jul 24th, 2005 02:19 PM
theobvious is currently offline Click here to Send theobvious a Private Message Find more posts by theobvious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve128967

I say PS3 because well... Sooo many new games, not to really spoil it but there might be a remake of FF7 for PS3 with graphics better than FFX.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2005 03:25 AM
Steve128967 is currently offline Click here to Send Steve128967 a Private Message Find more posts by Steve128967 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
))TrAuMa((
Space Cowboy

i dont think they are doing that any more sorry!^

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 04:36 PM
))TrAuMa(( is currently offline Click here to Send ))TrAuMa(( a Private Message Find more posts by ))TrAuMa(( Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
))TrAuMa((
Space Cowboy

But Ps3 all the way

Old Post Jul 27th, 2005 04:36 PM
))TrAuMa(( is currently offline Click here to Send ))TrAuMa(( a Private Message Find more posts by ))TrAuMa(( Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
choosewisely
wise choosely

revolution is going to be the cheapest....i think i buy ps3 and revo

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 01:02 PM
choosewisely is currently offline Click here to Send choosewisely a Private Message Find more posts by choosewisely Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

PS3..

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 01:05 PM
Mainstream
lighting the way

Originally posted by choosewisely
revolution is going to be the cheapest....i think i buy ps3 and revo

me too....PS3 will be the best..got the biggest fan base..but Rev will be cheap and it's sounds somewhat promising.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 01:31 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_Star

I'm getting Revolution because you can play NES, SNES, and N64 games on it.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 03:59 PM
Shadow_Star is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_Star a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_Star Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
luffyjin
Dinner

NINTENDO

nintendo definitly nintendo have proved to keep up with xbox and ps2 and in some cases beaten them think of ps2 and xbox as the corporation and nintendo as the rebels live on forever Happy Dance

:O

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 06:09 PM
luffyjin is currently offline Click here to Send luffyjin a Private Message Find more posts by luffyjin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
War_Lord

Nintendo has Mario, Samus, Link, more Sonic games, and a lot more that people really like. Nintendo has history and people remain loyal to Nintendo.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2005 06:27 PM
War_Lord is currently offline Click here to Send War_Lord a Private Message Find more posts by War_Lord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Originally posted by Mainstream
me too....PS3 will be the best..got the biggest fan base..but Rev will be cheap and it's sounds somewhat promising.

That doesnt mean shit. Remember what happened with the original PS. Nintendo had all the fans because they were the only ones left. Not anymore.

Old Post Jul 29th, 2005 05:39 AM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hooverman

Originally posted by Smasandian
That doesnt mean shit. Remember what happened with the original PS. Nintendo had all the fans because they were the only ones left. Not anymore.

i for one do not agree by far Nintendo is screwed again..even though it's nintendo's last battle...besides nintendo lost the last console battle anyway nintendo is done by far this time

Last edited by Hooverman on Jul 30th, 2005 at 12:11 AM

Old Post Jul 30th, 2005 12:08 AM
Hooverman is currently offline Click here to Send Hooverman a Private Message Find more posts by Hooverman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote