KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battlezone » Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Digimark vs Scarletspider (Vote Now!)

Evangel's Amalgam Tournament: Digimark vs Scarletspider (Vote Now!)
Started by: Evangel94

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
True, but that's what I wanted everyone to think. But Zod alone and/or Apollo alone isn't nearly as good as Apollo in Zod's armor. So right now I have one of the best 'brawlers' in the tourney, if not THE best.

that remains to be seen..... evil face

But then there's also trying to balance the whole mind/body/powers thing. The more powers you add, the harder it gets to juggle them.

a point i completely overlooked in the drafting... lol... i assumed we'd have full knowledge of their abilities.... sad

Besides, not all of us are capable of constructing the powerhouse that is Flash Thordon wink (*note sarcasm...don't want KVD thinking I've written him off*)

you have indeed grown powerful...... but you're not a Jedi yet!

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 24th, 2005 01:46 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Originally posted by ScarletSpider
You can't really hurt my character when she's intangible and invisble, holding you in a gravity well, reacting at light speed, and turning the oxygen in your lungs into arsenic. Also, the Sersi aspect of my character allows her to create numerous "duplicates", psionic constructs that are, in every manner, indistinguishable from the real deal. Even telepathy cannot tell them apart. If she lets loose a few of those to distract your horrendously named amalgamation, that would suck for him.

how do you explain your characters mastery of its various powers?

and i'm not sure if duplicates are allowed...

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 24th, 2005 01:50 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Hello, all, I apologize for my absence, I've just grown busy, and disenchanted with the forums, as of late.

So we basically have a Superman on steroids with Loki's powers?

You can't really hurt my character when she's intangible and invisble, holding you in a gravity well, reacting at light speed, and turning the oxygen in your lungs into arsenic. Also, the Sersi aspect of my character allows her to create numerous "duplicates", psionic constructs that are, in every manner, indistinguishable from the real deal. Even telepathy cannot tell them apart. If she lets loose a few of those to distract your horrendously named amalgamation, that would suck for him.

Ha! A fight. Sorry if you thought it was going to be delayed Scarlet. Apparently Evangel didn't decide to put us after Scoob and KVD.

Anyway, intangible: Loki can do that too. Kinda hard to turn my lungs to arsenic when I don't have a solid body. Invinsible, no big deal. I can play "stay phased and wait" as long as I need to. Something has to happen eventually, and then you're in trouble when I get a hit in. And in the meantime (if we're just standing around as intangible entities) Loki'll be whipping something up for you...Sersi's a good Earth-Sorceror. Loki's a God-Sorceror.

Reacting at light-speed...not quite. You'll be faster, no doubt, but not too fast for me to hit. Remember, Sersi doesn't have any experience with the speed force.

Duplicates...Great! More for me to beat up.

Horrendously named amalgamtion....pffft! Seriously, does everyone not like General Kinky? I thought it was funny as hell. Three or four people have taken shots at his name already.

-DM

P.S. I know you're eager for your match Scoob, but leave the debating to me....I haven't had anything to do this whole match until now.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 02:16 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

P.S. I know you're eager for your match Scoob, but leave the debating to me....I haven't had anything to do this whole match until now.

i wasn't debating... i was just asking for a little more information.... and wondering whether or not duplicates were "legal" in these battles..... no strategy or counter was mentioned...... but go for it.... i want to see a fight

FIGHT! FIGHT!! FIGHT!!!

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 24th, 2005 02:28 AM
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Horrendously named amalgamtion....pffft! Seriously, does everyone not like General Kinky? I thought it was funny as hell. Three or four people have taken shots at his name already.

For the record, I'd give you the second best name in this tourney... And only cuz I just happen to like Queen... hehe you said "Kinky"

He save, with a mighty hand, every man, every woman, every child, he's a mighty Flash.

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post May 24th, 2005 03:12 AM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

P.S. I was also under a time constraint...I took over for Quick Freeze with only 1 round of drafting left. I could've changed Zod and/or Loki, but I didn't have much time to search for a better combo. As is it, I might have made a change, but I'm happy with what I have.

Ahh... you were wise to stick with Loki though. I'm not sure if anyone else would have thought of him. That fake drafting thread ruined me! eek!

Old Post May 24th, 2005 03:13 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

ahem. . . i chose loki cool and zod
my vote is for digi
not because he inherited and made great my first 2 draft picks, but because i think he has a better arguement and a better amalgam

Make your own dream team here!

Old Post May 24th, 2005 03:38 AM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Scoobless
i wasn't debating... i was just asking for a little more information.... and wondering whether or not duplicates were "legal" in these battles..... no strategy or counter was mentioned...... but go for it.... i want to see a fight

FIGHT! FIGHT!! FIGHT!!!

Yeah, you're comments were just points of clarification...not debates. Just didn't want anyone stealing my thunder this round and I got overly defensive.

In any case, I'd love to fight too, but even though SS showed up it hasn't exactly been breakneck speed this round.

-DM

Old Post May 24th, 2005 03:47 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Yeah, you're comments were just points of clarification...not debates. Just didn't want anyone stealing my thunder this round and I got overly defensive.

In any case, I'd love to fight too, but even though SS showed up it hasn't exactly been breakneck speed this round.

-DM

np

this round was posted on 05-19-2005 at 10:22 PM.....it's been up almost a week..... it may be just about done

sad

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 24th, 2005 03:49 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

And in the meantime (if we're just standing around as intangible entities) Loki'll be whipping something up for you...Sersi's a good Earth-Sorceror. Loki's a God-Sorceror.

Just so no one think I'm getting lazy, I realize I didn't say exactly what Loki would "whip up"

He could turn some rock formations on Pluto into dragons (check his bio, this is completely possible) or other creatures. Then they could fly around and if Sersi tries to take them out, Loki will know about it. Even if you're invisible, if you try to take one of them out, Loki will lock onto you telepathically or telekinetically...it might not hurt you, but it'll let him know where you are and be able to track you (he's remotely viewed things light-years away telepathically...staying locked on to you wouldn't be a problem). Even if the dragons just spray fire all over the place, eventually Loki's magics combined with the distractor dragons will find you.

Then it's simply a matter of hunting Sersi down. If you go tangible and/or visible again it'll just make it quicker.

-DM

P.S. At this point, I probably don't need this...just want to stay sharp though.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 03:58 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

distractor dragons

is this the scientific term for them?

laughing out loud

Do you even KMC???

Old Post May 24th, 2005 04:06 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

quote:
how do you explain your characters mastery of its various powers?

Moonstone can turn intangible, forget the exact "science" behind it, but she can. Check out any issue of Thunderbolts (post #14, as up to 14 she'd been masquerading as "Metorite" and decided to hide her intangibility powers). She can turn invisible by bending gravity around her.

As for your "distractor dragons", the Sersi aspect of my character would easily allow her to change said dragons into...oh, pigs?

And she doesn't create "duplicates", but illusions. For some reason that term escaped be yesterday and I substituted, sorry for any misconstruction.

As for the super speed, Sersi, whose mind inhabits this amalgamation, is an Eternal, she's used to having powers beyond that of mortal mankind, and on par with the pantheons of "true" gods. She has a measure of superspeed, this would just up the ante a bit, nothing she wouldn't get a firm grip on, easily and expediently, I'm sure of.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 07:12 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

I'm gonna hold off on voting for now. I'll vote after a few more posts from the combatants.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 07:37 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

i think i might actually change my vote

Old Post May 24th, 2005 07:38 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote:
Moonstone can turn intangible, forget the exact "science" behind it, but she can. Check out any issue of Thunderbolts (post #14, as up to 14 she'd been masquerading as "Metorite" and decided to hide her intangibility powers). She can turn invisible by bending gravity around her.

Never argued that she couldn't do those things. But it's hardly an advantage...Loki can phase too, also teleport...not sure about invisibility, but I'd soon find a way around that (the aforementioned telepathic locating would probably work fine).

quote:
As for your "distractor dragons", the Sersi aspect of my character would easily allow her to change said dragons into...oh, pigs?

And she doesn't create "duplicates", but illusions. For some reason that term escaped be yesterday and I substituted, sorry for any misconstruction.

Great, but this still isn't an attack strategy...all it does is buy you some more time. I originally asserted that you'd be able to avoid me for a hell of a long time, but couldn't really do much to harm my character, and you've done nothing to convince me otherwise.

quote:
As for the super speed, Sersi, whose mind inhabits this amalgamation, is an Eternal, she's used to having powers beyond that of mortal mankind, and on par with the pantheons of "true" gods. She has a measure of superspeed, this would just up the ante a bit, nothing she wouldn't get a firm grip on, easily and expediently, I'm sure of.

Ok, but you wouldn't have Bart's complete mastery over the speed force. And Bart isn't at light-speed to begin with, so you'd be faster than normal but not so fast that I couldn't track you down and hurt you (with Apollo's speed and Loki's magic).

All said and done, we can dance around each other for a long time...but when we finally start hurting the other amalgamation, I'll be tons stronger and more powerful, and anything you do to me can be healed quickly by Apollo's healing (when powered by the suit).

-DM

Old Post May 24th, 2005 09:57 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

And yes, "distractor dragons" is the official term.
cool

-DM

Old Post May 24th, 2005 10:00 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

quote:
(the aforementioned telepathic locating would probably work fine).

And Sersi's illusions are, even by the most accomplished telepaths, unable to be differentiated from the original article. And so what if you can phase? You'll still possess some mass, no matter how little, and I'll be able to use gravity to keep you in place (as Graviton has done to many an intangible foe).

Old Post May 24th, 2005 11:28 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

And Sersi's illusions are, even by the most accomplished telepaths, unable to be differentiated from the original article. And so what if you can phase? You'll still possess some mass, no matter how little, and I'll be able to use gravity to keep you in place (as Graviton has done to many an intangible foe).

Teleport away from the gravity well. Simple as that. I'm not going to be any easier to hurt than you are.

And lots of illusions...fine by me. Maybe I wouldn't be able to differentiate between them, but they wouldn't hurt me, and it only prolongs your defeat...it wouldn't do anything to hurt me. Besides, once I find the real you I wouldn't let go of you telepathically (if only to tell which one is you) and as soon as I start trying to hurt you, the duplicates won't be around long since your concentration will be busted.

Old Post May 24th, 2005 11:58 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

um, so when's the next match? I realize this one took a while to get started, but it's been a while, and with all due respect to ScarletSpider I'm quite a bit ahead. Besides, we're note even half-way through this (4 matches out of, I figure 8-10 depending on how Evangel does it) and moving things along is always good.

-DM

Old Post May 26th, 2005 10:51 PM
Quick Freeze
GLC Memeber

did i vote for dm yet?
if i didnt here's my vote

Make your own dream team here!

Old Post May 27th, 2005 12:43 AM
Quick Freeze is currently offline Click here to Send Quick Freeze a Private Message Find more posts by Quick Freeze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote