KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Foxhound vs. X-men

Foxhound vs. X-men
Started by: Avalonofthewind

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FieryBalrog
child of the sun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
Can Storm's powers work behind a TK shield? If they do, then it won't matter who shoots or whether ravens come or not.

exactly...... yay telekinesis.

"Blood and flame and sacrifice..."

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 03:13 AM
FieryBalrog is currently offline Click here to Send FieryBalrog a Private Message Find more posts by FieryBalrog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

Originally posted by DarkCrawler
The Doom statue thing happened many years ago. Storm is an near-omega level mutant now. She can kill Vulcan Raven INSTANTLY with her weather powers.

Yeah she's nuts now.In that one uncanny issue she created winds that where as violent as the surface of jupiter or some planet like that.

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 03:35 AM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

Can Storm's powers work behind a TK shield? If they do, then it won't matter who shoots or whether ravens come or not.

i DID SAY THAT JEAN WAS THE ONLY REASON THAT THE X MEN MIGHT WIN THIS FIGHT, but think about it, wont jean bee too busy with psycho mantis, who is about 70% as powerful as she is id say. lookin at what theyve both done{normal jean} and storm can neither block nor dodge bullets and certainly cant stand the muystic force of vulcan reaven.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 09:18 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FieryBalrog
child of the sun

Originally posted by leonheartmm

i DID SAY THAT JEAN WAS THE ONLY REASON THAT THE X MEN MIGHT WIN THIS FIGHT, but think about it, wont jean bee too busy with psycho mantis, who is about 70% as powerful as she is id say. lookin at what theyve both done{normal jean} and storm can neither block nor dodge bullets and certainly cant stand the muystic force of vulcan reaven.

you apparently have no idea what "normal jean" has done, since you labelled her a "LOW LEVEL TELEPATH" when shes nothing of the sort. I suggest you actually read some of the stories involving her, maybe you will realize that 1) there is no nice categories of "normal Jean" and uber-Jean", her power levels fluctuate over long time periods- and 2) "normal Jean" is the second most powerful telepath on the planet, a planet brimming with telepaths of all sorts.

yea, I'm sure Psycho mantis is near her level because he once controlled some guards, wow, some guards, really? Happy Dance laughing

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 09:26 AM
FieryBalrog is currently offline Click here to Send FieryBalrog a Private Message Find more posts by FieryBalrog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

i never called jean a low level telepath, i just said that MANTIS wasnt a low level telepath either, and we are talkin about normal jean without the pheonix force and there is an extremely notable difference between normal jean and jean with the phenix force, normal jean cant defeat galactus,

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 09:32 AM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FieryBalrog
child of the sun

i never called jean a low level telepath, i just said that MANTIS wasnt a low level telepath either, and we are talkin about normal jean without the pheonix force and there is an extremely notable difference between normal jean and jean with the phenix force, normal jean cant defeat galactus,

actually, there isn't that noticeable of a difference, it scales up. Shes used the Phoenix force in small amounts too. Her relationship with it is complicated.

I mean she manifests a phoenix raptor in Uncanny X-men 355 or so (or one of the issues around it), but that doesnt mean shes about to punk Galactus. she manifests her phoenix self more and more as needed by the universe.

she manifests phoenix powers in New X-men 120 when she humiliates the U-men who come to the school to destroy it, but again shes not about to swallow the universe. If the situation gets dire though, she rises to the occasion. When her and Logan are hurtling into the Sun 28 issues later she ressurrects, saves Logan as they hit the surface and performs other miraculous deeds. The line between "normal jean" and "phoenix jean" doesnt exist very clearly, if at all. Her power levels fluctuate and sometimes shes lost and gained powers due to injuries and events, but her baseline capabilities and regular powers are extremely strong.

And I've yet to see a single impressive feat listed for Psycho Mantis. Controlling a bunch of soldiers doesn't count, Jean does that like every day. Telepathically overpowering Apocalypse with ease, thats something. Preserving Prof Xs mind, splitting it up into every living mutant and connecting them back up and having him survive the process is something.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 09:41 AM
leonheartmm

And I've yet to see a single impressive feat listed for Psycho Mantis. Controlling a bunch of soldiers doesn't count, Jean does that like every day. Telepathically overpowering Apocalypse with ease, thats something. Preserving Prof Xs mind, splitting it up into every living mutant and connecting them back up and having him survive the process is something.

it wasnt just a bunch of soldiers. it was a whole army, he could also look into the future and as i explained before, destroyed an entire town with a single psionic blast{his most impressive feat}, he can also sense the world around him psinically as he does not have any eyes, he is also capable of illusion casting and astral projection,

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 09:48 AM
FieryBalrog
child of the sun

it wasnt just a bunch of soldiers. it was a whole army, he could also look into the future and as i explained before, destroyed an entire town with a single psionic blast{his most impressive feat}, he can also sense the world around him psinically as he does not have any eyes, he is also capable of illusion casting and astral projection,

when he destroys the town, does he just destroy the people with the blast or the buildings and such? Cause telepathy doesnt let you destroy buildings with psionic blasts... that would be some other power.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 09:51 AM
leonheartmm

it wasnt telepathy it was telekentic power, mantis is a strong telekenetic too u know, well it wasnt really just telepathy, it was raw psionic energy as stated in his bio, and it destroyed all the buildings, the ground and killed all the people in the town.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 09:59 AM
leonheartmm

psionic BLAST is different from psi bolt, psi bolt affects the mind, psionic BLAST or SPIKE destroyes physical stuff.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 10:00 AM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

it wasnt telepathy it was telekentic power, mantis is a strong telekenetic too u know, well it wasnt really just telepathy, it was raw psionic energy as stated in his bio, and it destroyed all the buildings, the ground and killed all the people in the town.

Cool. Jean could do the same thing.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 02:05 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Thats really not that impressive especially after you said his powers were lashing out of control at the time. Between that and controlling some soldiers he really isnt on Jeans level. Theres a reason why shes called an omega level mutant and why shes referred to as the second most powerful telepath on the planet. She could take out PM with no problem while protecting the more vulnerable Xmen with a TK shield.

Between jean, storm and wolverine the foxhound are finished with ease. Foxhound may have prep time but what you have to remember is that they dont come from the marvel universe. They wouldnt have thought any mutants and definitely noone even remotely as powerful as storm and jean. They only have their own worlds technology to prepare with. That would not be enough.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 02:15 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

no, i might agree on jean's power level{though i never differed with that to begin with} but without her help, all of the xmen including storm are DOOMED.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 05:29 PM
Creshosk

no, i might agree on jean's power level{though i never differed with that to begin with} but without her help, all of the xmen including storm are DOOMED.
Why are you removing jean all of the sudden?

Can we remove your telepath too?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 05:29 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

He never created this thread so he has no say in who is featured within it. Jean stays, Foxhounds die

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 05:34 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

thas true,

Old Post Jun 10th, 2005 05:38 PM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Galacticstorm. It doesnt matter if they arent originally from the MU. A week of prep is a week to study your enemy and their weaknesses.

In all fairness, I'll take out Jean/Phoenix as she is too powerful now with the phoenix. Any volunteers on who can take her place?

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 03:53 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Iceman. evil face

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 03:58 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
Iceman. evil face

He's powerful, but not very intelligent if memory serves me correctly?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 04:01 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

omg the amount people know of storm is actually humorous. first of all she is a confirmed omega-level mutant. also in uncanny x-men # 17 the writers say that she is one of the most powerful mutants to ever walk the earth. and yes, her powers work instantley. in x-men black sun # 2 she froze an entire forest instantley, even the nagari(misspelled) that were trying to kill her were frozen. another example of this was during the dark phoenix sage. she was carrying the weight of herself, wolverine, and cyclops. phoenix was chasing them and storm knew that she needed to buy them time so she created a tornado that was so powerful it blew dark phoenix back and she had to cover her face for cover, INSTANTLEY. another example of storm using powers instantley was also in the dark phoenix saga. nightcrawler was getting beat by shaw so she instantley created a pocket of arctic cold around him. nightcrawler was unaffected by this, but shaw was and she literally dropped the temo below zero instantley and basically froze the fight out of him. also in tournament of heroes storm was against the human torch and they were talking. it was SUNNY out and storm created a MONSOON INSTANTLEY. she raised her hands and there was literally water everywhere. and yes, storm can affect the inside of shields also. she did it to unus the untouchable, magneto, and jean grey. also in uncanny x-men # 17 x-cutioner had a shield up, and she literally BROKE HIS SHIELD. she electrified the air around him and his shield broke, the attack was so intense that he had to teleport away. storm could easily beat any of these people by sending a bolt through their brain which will short out all the synases in their brain. and someone said they use technology, an emp anyone?

Old Post Jun 11th, 2005 04:17 AM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote