KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Harry Potter » Appreciation and Anti Threads » Losing Her touch?

Losing Her touch?
Started by: Tptmanno1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JesuseyGoodness
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Trio of Fire lives!!!!! However the flame may filcker, it's light will guide the world!

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 11:59 AM
JesuseyGoodness is currently offline Click here to Send JesuseyGoodness a Private Message Find more posts by JesuseyGoodness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

I just finished reading them... ok... people.... NEWSFLASH! EVERY SHIPPER NOW DESERVES TO DIE BECAUSE THEY ARE MIXING SHIPS IN WITH A GOOD BOOK! Also, its her book people, let her do what the hell she wants. If she wants to throw a naked three armed hairy Snape let her do it, you can't do anything about it! You all should be ashamed of yourselves! ASHAMED!

Thank you Neha for the sig!
This years Musical: Little Shop of Horrors (sig for it hopefully coming soon)

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 12:10 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesuseyGoodness
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NightCrawler341
I just finished reading them... ok... people.... NEWSFLASH! EVERY SHIPPER NOW DESERVES TO DIE BECAUSE THEY ARE MIXING SHIPS IN WITH A GOOD BOOK! Also, its her book people, let her do what the hell she wants. If she wants to throw a naked three armed hairy Snape let her do it, you can't do anything about it! You all should be ashamed of yourselves! ASHAMED!

This man has spoken wisdom, we should applaud him! *applauds*

The Trio of Fire lives!!!!! However the flame may filcker, it's light will guide the world!

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 12:11 PM
JesuseyGoodness is currently offline Click here to Send JesuseyGoodness a Private Message Find more posts by JesuseyGoodness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

*bows*

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 12:15 PM
The Phantom is currently offline Click here to Send The Phantom a Private Message Find more posts by The Phantom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Midnight109

* throws objects at night *

Previously Hermione202 and Midnight_Miss

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 08:55 PM
Midnight109 is currently offline Click here to Send Midnight109 a Private Message Find more posts by Midnight109 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesuseyGoodness
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Hermione202
* throws objects at night *

*Stabs Hermione seventeen times in various places, causing a bloddy knife..*

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 09:01 PM
Midnight109

*jumps out of the way before Saber can stab her *

no playing the roles of other members !

Previously Hermione202 and Midnight_Miss

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 09:42 PM
Midnight109 is currently offline Click here to Send Midnight109 a Private Message Find more posts by Midnight109 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesuseyGoodness
Restricted

Account Restricted

There is a fine destinction her my friend, fine distinction.

Old Post Aug 2nd, 2005 09:48 PM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

There is and why'd you throw stuff at me? I was yelling at all shippers, but mostly the H/Hr because they say the book is bad and JKR is wrong about her own book.

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 03:12 PM
JesuseyGoodness
Restricted

Account Restricted

There is and why'd you throw stuff at me? I was yelling at all shippers, but mostly the H/Hr because they say the book is bad and JKR is wrong about her own book.

Heear hear! beer

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 03:34 PM
The Phantom
Angel of Music

^.^

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 03:39 PM
LiveAndLetDie

I didn`t think the book was bad... no expression
*dies*

I opened the door when it was cold outside
Hopin you`d find your own way in

Old Post Aug 3rd, 2005 08:14 PM
LiveAndLetDie is currently offline Click here to Send LiveAndLetDie a Private Message Find more posts by LiveAndLetDie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Phantom
Angel of Music

stick out tongue
Originally posted by LiveAndLetDie
I didn`t think the book was bad... no expression
*dies*

Old Post Aug 4th, 2005 03:04 AM
Syren
dreaming

You lot are crazy... JK Rowling has not lost her touch in the slightest. She has simply had to incorporate a hell of a lot more elements into this book than in the past... what with all of the teens growing up, adolescence is an extremely difficult stage, with hormones raging etc... you should know that, half of you are still there roll eyes (sarcastic)

No offence meant by that, I just mean that you guys should be able to relate better than anyone... anyway, the fight scenes weren't the prominent parts of the book because more focus had to be applied to the love triangles, Dumbledore's death and the build up to it, a lot of loose ends had to be tied up; a lot of the characters are growing up, falling in love, getting married...

As for OOTP being fast paced, I personally thought it was a lot more drawn out and kinda bland compared to the previous 4 and HBP erm That's just my opinion, of course big grin

In conclusion, I don't think enough credit is being given to Rowling for the amazing job she has done in introducing such fantastic characters, excellent storylines and a new cult to the world. For fans, you really don't seem appreciative enough of the effort sad

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 06:24 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Coonskin 13
Racoon

Personally I just think it was different than the other five.(not worse in any way just different). I pretty much agree with Syren.(OotP WAS kinda slow). And about Ginny replacing Hermione? If anything Ginny replaced Cho.(Btw everybody who said that Ginny did replace Hermy was a H/Hr shipper) JK hasn't lost her touch she just focused on different things in this book.

Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Yes, in case you noticed I have been gone, and yes, I'm back indefinately. If you want to hear of my crazy adventures during my absence look in my profile!

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 01:02 AM
Coonskin 13 is currently offline Click here to Send Coonskin 13 a Private Message Find more posts by Coonskin 13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

Thanks big grin And I agree, Ginny was more likely a replacement for Cho yes

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 05:22 PM
Syren is currently offline Click here to Send Syren a Private Message Find more posts by Syren Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Movie_Geek_
Fighter

I get what you all are saying but the book seem a little in the air the me. Maybe it is because I have found other books I like better now then when I first started reading them but I did think that this one was better than OotP. That one lagged in places and Harry was Mad in the hole book and that I found irritating even if he had a right to be. HBP was good but it did seem a little different then the way she usually writes. OotP was at least stuck to her style. They are all books books and still my favorites.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 07:25 PM
Movie_Geek_ is currently offline Click here to Send Movie_Geek_ a Private Message Find more posts by Movie_Geek_ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

Originally posted by Hermione202
I know but they aren't ordinary teenagers and if JK wanted to change them she could have done it more slowly and not so abruptly.
She's been hinting at something between Hermonie and Ron at least since GoF.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 07:25 PM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Movie_Geek_
Fighter

That is when I pick up on something between the two of them but the movies are makeing it a lot more apparent.

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 07:36 PM
Movie_Geek_ is currently offline Click here to Send Movie_Geek_ a Private Message Find more posts by Movie_Geek_ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syren
dreaming

yes I would assume body language is much easier to convey in film, wouldn't you agree?

ThorinWoofer

Old Post Aug 9th, 2005 08:01 PM