KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Respect' Forum » Respect Apocalypse

Respect Apocalypse
Started by: armandovalles

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

i have the entire rise of apocalypse maybe i should scan hmmm?

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Dec 31st, 2006 11:33 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

*kowtows to Manjaro* Yes please. I'd be most grateful, as would everyone else who posts in this thread.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2006 11:39 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by jgiant
I wish there were more feats, i thought he was way more badass than the feats listed hear.

There are so many feats, that is why I put the thread on filefront and copied link of megaupload, for you yourself to download it, to see it and read it.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2007 10:06 AM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jasofisc

Originally posted by Xplosive
Inhumans + Black Bolt couldn't do shit to Apocalypse.
Apocalypse in HoM wasn't true representation of Apocalypse, since true Apocalypse was dead.

Here is a huge respect thread that was created by someone, I don't remember where or by who in other forum. But it is huge thread and learn more about Apocalypse and his true power level.

Part 1. 177 MB.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I8HKMR99
Part 2. 165 MB.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YEU9406O
Part 3. 125 MB.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3VY2X4QD

how does one acctuly down load or view these threads i went to the site but had no Idea of how to actually view this stuff.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2007 06:32 PM
jasofisc is currently offline Click here to Send jasofisc a Private Message Find more posts by jasofisc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

Originally posted by jasofisc
how does one acctuly down load or view these threads i went to the site but had no Idea of how to actually view this stuff.
It sent me to frikin ebay...wtf?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 12:26 AM
jgiant is currently offline Click here to Send jgiant a Private Message Find more posts by jgiant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Ash231
Harbinger of Dur

The links works just fine for me.

Sig by Inhuman

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 11:12 AM
Bad Ash231 is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Ash231 a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Ash231 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
STAG BEETLE
Obscure Charcter

Apocalypse needs to save the entire universe from the Celestials.

Die again and come bakl.

Finally being having his character rebooted in a mini-series to get the character right.

Much like the process Baron Zemo has gone through.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2007 04:03 PM
STAG BEETLE is currently offline Click here to Send STAG BEETLE a Private Message Find more posts by STAG BEETLE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

It's been my experience on this board that of all the characters that get debated it seems that Apocalypse's low end feats get amplified and disseminated to such an extent that his high end feats, which are very impressive and far outweigh his low end feats, get downplayed due to popular opinion of him on this board rather than the actual on panel evidence. More times than not you hear about him dodging tables or being killed by Magneto and Black Bolt than you hear about him manipulation Ozymandias under his own powers prior to Cellestial augmentation, taking down Kang the Conqueror, subjagating the Inhumans singlehandedly, or taking on the High Evolutionary.

It's very sad, and says a lot about the mentality of many people on this board, when one can't look at things objectively, whether they be a fan or an opponent of a character, and that individuals opinion decreases in merit.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jan 16th, 2007 06:24 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Ash231
Harbinger of Dur

Originally posted by illadelph12
It's been my experience on this board that of all the characters that get debated it seems that Apocalypse's low end feats get amplified and disseminated to such an extent that his high end feats, which are very impressive and far outweigh his low end feats, get downplayed due to popular opinion of him on this board rather than the actual on panel evidence. More times than not you hear about him dodging tables or being killed by Magneto and Black Bolt than you hear about him manipulation Ozymandias under his own powers prior to Cellestial augmentation, taking down Kang the Conqueror, subjagating the Inhumans singlehandedly, or taking on the High Evolutionary.

It's very sad, and says a lot about the mentality of many people on this board, when one can't look at things objectively, whether they be a fan or an opponent of a character, and that individuals opinion decreases in merit.

(please log in to view the image)

Sig by Inhuman

Old Post Jan 18th, 2007 02:05 PM
Bad Ash231 is currently offline Click here to Send Bad Ash231 a Private Message Find more posts by Bad Ash231 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

well said. in other words....stop hatin my ziggas!

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 06:51 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord S
King

Originally posted by illadelph12
It's been my experience on this board that of all the characters that get debated it seems that Apocalypse's low end feats get amplified and disseminated to such an extent that his high end feats, which are very impressive and far outweigh his low end feats, get downplayed due to popular opinion of him on this board rather than the actual on panel evidence.
On-panel evidence, (or lack thereof), is just what hurts the character. He has never done anything of real significance to justify the adulation he receives from his followers. I treat the character the way he deserves to be treated...which is like shit.

quote:
More times than not you hear about him dodging tables or being killed by Magneto and Black Bolt than you hear about him manipulation Ozymandias under his own powers prior to Cellestial augmentation, taking down Kang the Conqueror, subjagating the Inhumans singlehandedly, or taking on the High Evolutionary.
It takes more than a few semi-impressive feats to be considered an A-list villain, and most of us find it rather irritating to see certain people continue to fellate the character to no end; using dubious tactics such as distorting facts and even outright lying.

quote:
What's sad, my young friend, is that you've used this opportunity to turn a simple debate over the merits of a fictional character into a sweeping ad hominem attack...coming off looking like a pseudo-intellectual at the same time.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2007 10:59 AM
Lord S is currently offline Click here to Send Lord S a Private Message Find more posts by Lord S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Ash231
Harbinger of Dur

Originally posted by Lord S
On-panel evidence, (or lack thereof), is just what hurts the character. He has never done anything of real significance to justify the adulation he receives from his followers.

What makes Apocalypse tick for me, is not some feats where he engages in fights and beats the crap out of everyone, but his god-like presence and the aura of his threat and along with his character history, as well his appearance (which is practically more original looking than half of Marvel's villains).

I treat the character the way he deserves to be treated...which is like shit.

*ignores idiotism*

It takes more than a few semi-impressive feats to be considered an A-list villain.

AoA?

What's sad, my young friend, is that you've used this opportunity to turn a simple debate over the merits of a fictional character into a sweeping ad hominem attack...coming off looking like a pseudo-intellectual at the same time.

What's sad is, that you can't post an argument without coming off like a prick.

Sig by Inhuman

Old Post Jan 20th, 2007 02:43 PM
Lord S
King

Originally posted by Evil_Ash
What makes Apocalypse tick for me, is not some feats where he engages in fights and beats the crap out of everyone, but his god-like presence and the aura of his threat and along with his character history, as well his appearance (which is practically more original looking than half of Marvel's villains).

*ignores idiotism*

AoA?

What's sad is, that you can't post an argument without coming off like a prick.
Well...!

You sure showed me. Whoever said true wit was dead? Oscar Wilde ain't got nothing on you.

I'll be sure to look for Apoc's 'god-like' presence the next time I see him...probably surrounded by useless baggage, as always. What a lazy chump.

AoA was an alternate reality, BTW. Real impressive taking over North America without any real heroes around to oppose you.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2007 07:00 AM
Lord S is currently offline Click here to Send Lord S a Private Message Find more posts by Lord S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Evil_Ash
AoA?
Your using that as evidence?
Most Apoc fans don't like AOA, for the simple fact that he got ripped in half. But if your going to use AOA, then I guess you might have to take Mags as his superiour too!

Old Post Jan 21st, 2007 07:10 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Age of Apocalypse only really shows the impact that Xavier has had on the world, and the effect his absence would produce. In any event it's ultimately the result of David Haller's actions rather than Apocalypse's. Everything else largely happened off-panel.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2007 07:39 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Ash231
Harbinger of Dur

Exodus is nothing but an impudent little gnat to Apoc.

Apoc then creates a forcefield able to hold even pre-powerdown Exodus.

Sig by Inhuman

Last edited by Bad Ash231 on Feb 13th, 2007 at 08:15 PM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2007 08:04 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Nice scans. thumb up Please post more. Btw, where does that field fall under? TP, celestial tech, energy manipulation? I'm curious as to where he's getting the field.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2007 11:48 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bad Ash231
Harbinger of Dur

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Nice scans. thumb up Please post more. Btw, where does that field fall under? TP, celestial tech, energy manipulation? I'm curious as to where he's getting the field.

I'm not sure. I think it's some energy based power.

Although, it could be another display of his undefined powers.

Sig by Inhuman

Old Post Feb 14th, 2007 12:01 AM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

That's what I love about this guy and hate about him. I love that he has all this potential and undefined or unrevealed powers. On the other hand, I hate that he's such an unknown in debates. Because he's so mysterious and undefined in his powers, it makes it hard to argue for him in debates. As someone asked, Can Darkseid fly? Answer: Probably, it's within his powerset. You can't say yes to questions like that about Apoc because his powers aren't fully known.

But it does give us hope that someone will remember he can do shit like that.

Btw, I like this older look with the beard and armored skirt better than his more recent ones. his art style has sucked lately.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2007 01:11 AM
Bad Ash231
Harbinger of Dur

That's what I love about this guy and hate about him. I love that he has all this potential and undefined or unrevealed powers. On the other hand, I hate that he's such an unknown in debates. Because he's so mysterious and undefined in his powers, it makes it hard to argue for him in debates. As someone asked, Can Darkseid fly? Answer: Probably, it's within his powerset. You can't say yes to questions like that about Apoc because his powers aren't fully known.

Indeed. Remember the scans I posted in which Apocalypse was shown capable of manipulating time, create life out of nothing, and re-arrange matter blink

Btw, I like this older look with the beard and armored skirt better than his more recent ones. his art style has sucked lately.

Yeah. His new look these really, really sucks. And Christ, he's gone FREAKIN' FAT!!

My least favourite design of Apoc, however, has to be by Rob Liefeld. He took away EVERYTHING on Apoc, and he ended up looking just...unfinished.

I actually have always liked his original costume. Ok, I admit he looked a little silly sometimes, but one can’t argue it did have a memorable look to him. Also, he was thin and tall, as he should be. 'Classic' Apoc, in other words wink

This is the closest thing we've had resembling his original look.

Sig by Inhuman

Old Post Feb 14th, 2007 02:53 AM