KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » Legends of Arana (Fantasy RPG)

Legends of Arana (Fantasy RPG)
Started by: Liquid_Fire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Chizzle
Diablo2FAN

(So how should i start notice that i am human.)

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2006 07:47 AM
Chizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Chizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Chizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambience
A-Train

Welcome! Do what you want just try to incorperate yourself. smile
Also I have a pic of Acantha on image hosting sites but how may I post the link?

Many thanks, Passione.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2006 02:59 PM
Ambience is currently offline Click here to Send Ambience a Private Message Find more posts by Ambience Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambience
A-Train

Oh here, I found one!

Attachment: stunning.jpg
This has been downloaded 57 time(s).

Many thanks, Passione.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2006 03:01 PM
Ambience is currently offline Click here to Send Ambience a Private Message Find more posts by Ambience Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Liquid_Fire
Respect

Played by: Liquid_Fire

Name: Zahlor

Known as: Unknown

Race: Human

Weapons: His sword is in a sense alive. It was crafted for him by the ancients, using liquid metal from the centre of the world. It was heated and forged within the very sun, and cooled with the tears of a goddess. Blessed with power, the sword has a soul. In reality it weights nearly two hundred pounds, but to a being who it finds worthy, it will seem weightless. It also has several other powers, and rarely uses the same power twice. Zahlor himself only barely understands what it really is. No one, including him, knows it’s origin. It was given to him, as a gift, by the Protectors Radion and Alura.

Powers: Zahlor specializes in several forms of combat magic, including most elements, arcane, and holy magic. However, his magic is limited to combat, and he cannot heal those in need. The extent of his control of magic is unknown, he has never outright battled anyone where others could see.

Appearance: Zahlor is a man of slightly above average height. His hair is black and cut somewhat short, it’s not overly long.. His build is that of a man who is often engaged in demanding physical activity, but he is not a body builder. His eyes are a deep purple in color. He wears dark brown boots, and a dark navy pair of pants and shirt. A black cloak covers most of it though, at least from behind.

Personality: For someone who looks to be about the age of twenty six Zahlor has the most refined, kindest, and wisest personality most people have ever and will ever see. He is in tune with people’s feelings to a high degree, and will go out of his way to help a total stranger. He works with a band of Renegades, but is a good person.

History: Unknown. Zahlor is a mystery. He is a Guardian, a young one (at least for a Guardian), and his origins are the world of Arana. He has returned, to help is world in a time of peril. The fact that he popped into existence a few years back is the main reason no one knows his history. He has, though a subtle manner, interfered with the worlds doings, or at least the doings of the one known continent. With the appearance of Radion and Alura, Zahlor’s own popularity rose somewhat. There are a few scattered rumours that he is a Guardian, but when he is asked, he does not answer, and when he is gone, he cannot be found.

Other: (Optional) Zahlor’s age is unknown. The earliest estimates of his origins are the sightings of one of the first Seers to come to the aid of Arana in the first ages, who appearance was similar to Zahlor’s, but unfortunately all record of that time is long lost.

Last edited by Liquid_Fire on Jul 2nd, 2006 at 04:53 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2006 04:51 PM
Liquid_Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Liquid_Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Liquid_Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Liquid_Fire
Respect

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ambience
Acantha twirled a golden trinket in her hands. She watched it glimmer with slight interest as she became heavily lidded with exhaustion. She had been traveling all day, and now her legs were stiff, tired and unsteady. She let out a over-dramatic sigh as she looked down from the hill she was perched on to see guards, a human and two dwarves. 'Damnit I am so lonely...' She said and hung her head. Her silky curtain of navy hair draped over her face. She sighed and tried to stand up, only to catch her root on a root to tumble down the hill and to the foot of the guards. She let out a long, bone chilling scream as she tumbled down helplessly as her hands looked for something to grasp down the steep slope. 'Help!' She yelled before tumbling into the stone wall of the fort. The guards looked down on her with confusion and a humored smirk. Her hands trembled as she tried to pull herself up. Her cheeks flushed and hot with embarrassment. She was scared to think that she caused a commotion and was afraid, what if people came out? What if she was seen?

A man wearing a black cloak, dark brown boots, and other dark clothes calmy walked from the edge of the crowd facing the citadel. He turned to look at the crowd for a second, and smiled, though it was unseeable with his face masked in shadow. With the recent apperance of Radion and Alura, his own exploitations had become pushed to the back of peoples minds. Zahlor knew the things he had done would have great effect on the worlds future, but he'd done them "behind the scenes." Radion was the type to outright display himself, dressed in grand armour and weilding a massive sword. Radion, to these people was a hero on an incomprehensible scale. Zahlor to these people, was a mostly unknown mystery.

He turned, and gently helped Acantha to her feet. Regarding her for a short many seconds he arched an eyebrow, again his face was masked in shadow from his cloak and hood. "You." He said, "Are a very unique elf. I have never seen one who appeared such as yours..." He looked her over. "...at least I don't think." He smiled, "You do seem familir."

(Acantha is a High Elf who appears as a Night Elf because some long lost genetic properties gave her old genes to grow with.)

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2006 04:59 PM
Liquid_Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Liquid_Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Liquid_Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingDubya
Mainstream Indie Rocker

confused *Did someone push the "reset" button? The opening post seems to have been posted twice...*

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2006 05:16 PM
KingDubya is currently offline Click here to Send KingDubya a Private Message Find more posts by KingDubya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Liquid_Fire
Respect

Yes someone pushed the reset button.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2006 05:20 PM
Ambience
A-Train

quote:
A man wearing a black cloak, dark brown boots, and other dark clothes calmy walked from the edge of the crowd facing the citadel. He turned to look at the crowd for a second, and smiled, though it was unseeable with his face masked in shadow. With the recent apperance of Radion and Alura, his own exploitations had become pushed to the back of peoples minds. Zahlor knew the things he had done would have great effect on the worlds future, but he'd done them "behind the scenes." Radion was the type to outright display himself, dressed in grand armour and weilding a massive sword. Radion, to these people was a hero on an incomprehensible scale. Zahlor to these people, was a mostly unknown mystery.

He turned, and gently helped Acantha to her feet. Regarding her for a short many seconds he arched an eyebrow, again his face was masked in shadow from his cloak and hood. "You." He said, "Are a very unique elf. I have never seen one who appeared such as yours..." He looked her over. "...at least I don't think." He smiled, "You do seem familiar."

Acantha became rigid as she was lifted to her feet. She did not mummer a word out of fear and hesitation. Her breath caught in her throat, 'I know I am...' She said hiding her face. 'I've always been like this. Ugly isn't it?' She murmured, she could feel herself shaking and knew people were staring at her. This was the first time people had actually noticed her and now the intimidation made her fearful. She did not know how to react to this man. 'My name is Acantha my lord.' was all she whispered not able to lift her head in the slightest to face him. 'I beg pardon but I don't believe we have met before this. But I must be wrong. Because my face is not easily forgotten.’ She said as a small smile appeared on her lips. Though it was hidden by the silk scarf she wore.

Many thanks, Passione.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2006 05:55 PM
Liquid_Fire
Respect

"My dear." Zahlor said. "You think these men stare at you because you are ugly..." He shook his head, and smiled. "We are all unique, and I am sure many wish to be unique as yourself. You are a very beautiful woman, even on the standards of an elf." He smiled again. "You have no idea how...fortunate you are. If only these people knew, if only the Elves knew. They would...sacrafice much to appear like yourself."

"No, it was not your face." Zahlor said, staring off into the distance for a second. "The face of ages past."

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2006 06:06 PM
Ambience
A-Train

Acantha remained silent only to listen; he was very flattering and charming. His voice alone intrigued her and she forgot about emotional detachment. She giggled. ‘Beautiful? How would you know? I haven’t even taken my scarf off. But thank you…I’m flattered.’ Then she turned her attention to the guards. ‘Excuse us.’ She said in a curt, and catty tone. ‘Haven’t you got a job to do?’ She snarled in bossy tones before turning back to listen to this delightful stranger. Her whole face was flushed a soft pink. ‘T-Thank you. That’s the first time I’ve ever heard compliments as kind as yours. But might I ask why you are wasting your time with somebody like me when there are people much more important than me inside the building? I’m sure a fine gentleman such as yourself would have received an invitation.’ Acantha didn’t mean to push him away but maybe it was best, friends only got in the way of her job. Plus knowing somebody like her would be of no benefit to him. ‘And might I add for somebody who implies that they are very old, you do not sound old at all.’ She said with a twinkle in her eye. ‘Why don’t you take off your helmet and we’ll see how old you really are.’ She said with a challenging undertone. “And I’ll take off my scarf.’

Many thanks, Passione.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2006 07:12 PM
Liquid_Fire
Respect

Zahlor shook his head, "No. I'd rather not show my face to these people. Some of them may know who I am, or may recognize my features." He looked at the crowd. "That may be a bad thing, not dark, but bad. I'd rather keep myself hidden from the general public for now. And...as far as an invitation goes, no I have not recieved one. Most of these people most likely do not know of my existence. However, it's my belief that social status and rank are not the only things that make a man, or woman, important." He looked at her, "And, I can see through many things. Your scarf is not one of them, but I know you would be beautiful, I can tell from what I do see."

He turned to the two guards, but instantly their weapons dropped in front of him, forming a barrier. He was forced to jump back, unless he wanted to be cleaved in two. He did not react otherwise. Instead he looked at one guard, then the other. "Do you believe that the origin of ones blood is that important?" he said, then paused. "No, let me rephrase that. How about the royalty of ones blood?"

The guards looked at him. "You do not have permittance, therefor you cannot pass. I suggest you turn around, walk away, and get on with your life."

Zahlor nodded, "I shall turn around, but I will not walk away. There are some within those walls." He looked at the Arcane Sanctuary. "That know of me, more than most. They shall allow me to enter, wether you feel it is proper or not." He turned away from the two, back at Acantha. "Well, I could blow them across the city but I dont think this situation calls for such drastic actioin." He shrugged. "I think I'll let them handle this. I dont want to cause trouble." He paused, "Yet."

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2006 07:24 PM
Ambience
A-Train

‘Oh really? I’m the same way; personally I would rather have my face shielded to the general public as well. But I am sure my reasons are very different from your own.’ She said with raised brows rather surprised. ‘For somebody who is so important it seems odd you would not receive one…’ She said suspiciously. ‘But neither of us are alone, you might be one of the few people who know I exist; and have a name to place with my face.’ You my lord are very wise, for somebody so powerful not to believe in ranking speaks much about your character.’ Acantha said calmly and exhaled. ‘ Why are you so kind to me, I’m but dust at your feet and yet you take time to help me off the ground, to talk and compliment me…You are a amazing man, but I must ask, why?’ She asked with a smile.

She watched the guards and rolled her eyes. Did they not see how pathetic they looked in front of him? There armor and weapons were that of no comparison to his. She rolled her eyes as he walked back to her. ‘Really now? Acantha gave a lop sided smile, ‘Across the city? Would that be over-dramatization?’ She questioned in a friendly matter and stole a glance at the guards. ‘Yet? Well then I guess I will have to stick around and see what you plan to so. I would hate to miss something so entertaining.’’

Many thanks, Passione.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2006 08:59 PM
Liquid_Fire
Respect

(My character is wearing dark clothes and a black cloak, he's not covered in ornate armour. big grin But yeah, his sword pwns theirs.)

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2006 10:22 PM
Liquid_Fire
Respect

"Ha..." He laughed softly, "No I did not recieve one, only a few of the people in there know who I am, and even they do not know how to contact me at any given time." He paused, "Why am I so kind to you? Well, because your a living person, of course. Why else... One should be kind to all living things...espcially one of my occupation. I help, I compliment you because you deserve it. You are definatley a very important person, but importance has little to do with it in this situation."

He looked at the guards, waving at one in a funny manner. Then back at Acantha. "I plan to get inside, hopefullly my contact will arrive to permit me entrance. If not...I'll have to...use some type of negotiation..." He trailed off.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2006 10:52 PM
Ambience
A-Train

Acantha cringed, ah damnit he was a gentlemen and a kind soul. The exact opposite of herself and yet she wanted to be like him…She wanted him to like her and yet if he knew her only a little better he would have no respect for her. ‘Ya, what profession are you involved in anyway?’ She asked pulling her hand behind her head and messaging the back of her neck with her hand, a nervous habit. ‘Well you deserve a few compliments yourself.’ She said matter-of-factly. ‘I just can’t pull myself together enough to think of one.’ Then she chuckled, ‘Me? Important? I’m a third class orphan.’ She said placing one hand on her hip. “Well I’m sure you’ll get in one way or another. But it’s a shame I cannot join you. I could probably talk my way into entering but it’s the very people inside that I fear.’ She said glancing at the guards. ‘They are most likely war-mongering brutes the lot of them.’ She said bring back a horrible memory. A shiver ran down her spine and she flinched slightly fear surfacing in her eyes. ‘What do you think of them?’ She asked.

Many thanks, Passione.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2006 03:47 AM
KingDubya
Mainstream Indie Rocker

*repeating my first post*

Valdor had arrived in Archeron searching for a job. Walking through the streets, he looked for the nearest tavern, for one to find anyone willing to pay him to do something and to listen to the latest rumors, as he had learned to always pay attention to them. Arriving at the Lizard's Tongue, Valdor pulled his hood over his head to hide the fact he was an elf; some people he had been employed by in the past felt a bit insecure around him due to his heritage. Walking in, he sat at a small table to allow only one possible employer to sit at a time making sure to keep his blades visible as they rested in their sheaths.
Eavesdropping on various conversations, Valdor discovered that a knight of one of the human nations had met with the Guardian and the leaders of both nations were meeting not too far away from the city the tavern was in. Leaning back, Valdor thought to himself, "Well, this sounds interesting. Maybe I should check this out, see if any profit can be made," and with that, set off for the Arcane Sanctuary.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2006 01:06 PM
KingDubya is currently offline Click here to Send KingDubya a Private Message Find more posts by KingDubya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chizzle
Diablo2FAN

(ok this is my opening post)

Roy was out whit his troop on a patrol (travelling by horse). Looking for a a rebel clan and it's leaders. Roy and his troops was the Elit mounted unit.

After some hours travel they changed corse against a city that they spotted. The city was named Archeron. When they came into the town they felt eyes on them...

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2006 02:36 PM
Chizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Chizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Chizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cherrywild
Make me want it.

{ May i join this? smile }

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2006 03:35 PM
Cherrywild is currently offline Click here to Send Cherrywild a Private Message Find more posts by Cherrywild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ambience
A-Train

Yep, just try to incorperate yourself and use this sheet;
Played by:
Name:
Known as:
Race:
Weapons:
Powers:
Appearance:
Personality:
History:
Other: (Optional)
- Be fair, if you and three other characters are ambushed, you must remember that they will be reacting at the same time as you, so don%u2019t take down 5 of the 8 enemies, take down two or three and leave a fair amount for your fellows.
- Your sheet must be detailed, not five, three word sentences, also your sheet must follow the same or similar format as the rest.

I susspect you have already seen and read the rules, and selected your race. Remember. (I made this mistake) No night Elfs xD

Many thanks, Passione.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2006 03:39 PM
Liquid_Fire
Respect

He shook his head, "I am in no profession that should concern you, at least on a personal matter. And, you wouldn't believe me if I told you." He slid back part of his cloak, showing the hilt of his sword. It flashed brightly in the light. As he wore no armour, and hid his weapons, it was obvious he tried to hide the fact that he was most likely adept at combat. "It involves things I wish it didn't, but unfortunately, as the goddess Elune said her self, nothing is as simple as a drop of water." He sighed, ever so slightly. "My dear..." He said, "Remember what I said before about what defines a person, what composes a person, and what makes them truly important."

He stood straigher, if it was possible, and turned to look at the guards. Her hostility betrayed the fact that they'd done something to her, or someone she knew, directly or indirectly. To him, it stung, that a world that had these problems could still have it's people harming one another. "No." He said, "No they are not. The soldiers are not academics, and most are not that empathetic or caring. They were trained to fight, and thats what they do best, so it's what thier instinct tells them. There are a few people in there, I suspect, that have...less than honorable intentions, but the people of Archeron, and Azeroth, are good men, and women. They have proven it on countless occasions." He turned to look at her, and he seemed to grow, and the shadow seemed to thicken, making him look menacing for a mere second. "And they will do so again."

Last edited by Liquid_Fire on Jul 4th, 2006 at 02:15 AM

Old Post Jul 4th, 2006 02:12 AM