KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic charaters that should'nt have their own movie

Comic charaters that should'nt have their own movie
Started by: HigH ScholaR

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JediMasterLuke5
Superman is a god

quote: (post)
Originally posted by HigH ScholaR
hmmmmmmmmmmm

yer looking at it up front they shouldn't espicially considering how pwerful they are although a gladiaor film with the imperial guards may work.

No the reason is becuz those are 2 of the most unknown hero's ever!!!!!

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 11:14 PM
JediMasterLuke5 is currently offline Click here to Send JediMasterLuke5 a Private Message Find more posts by JediMasterLuke5 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Blade wasn't well known, but did well.

Wonder Woman shouldn't
Zatanna shouldn't
Jubilee shouldn't

Martian Manhunter could possibly be done w/a much better costume.
Flash can be great if done right and I wouldn't mind seeing a really well done Shiva movie.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 11:37 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nigel45
The Amazing

Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
People who shouldnt have own movies
Flash: It going to be very hard to get people to believe that the Flash can hurt someone.

I don't think I understand that statement. He moves very very very fast and he hits people. I don't see the general public getting lost in the translation.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 02:23 AM
nigel45 is currently offline Click here to Send nigel45 a Private Message Find more posts by nigel45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bahhh_yeti

How can the avengers not be well known, especially in America!! "Look! It's Captain America!" Patriotism anyone????!! And this is coming from someone in New Zealand!

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 03:05 AM
bahhh_yeti is currently offline Click here to Send bahhh_yeti a Private Message Find more posts by bahhh_yeti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nigel45
The Amazing

Originally posted by bahhh_yeti
How can the avengers not be well known, especially in America!! "Look! It's Captain America!" Patriotism anyone????!! And this is coming from someone in New Zealand!

The majority of Americans have probably heard of him, but it's not like his comics are required reading if you want to become a citizen or something. I guaruntee 9 out of 10 people couldn't tell you his origin story, even in America. And he's STILL probably the most well known of the Avengers.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 03:51 AM
nigel45 is currently offline Click here to Send nigel45 a Private Message Find more posts by nigel45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by JediMasterLuke5
Flash: It going to be very hard to get people to believe that the Flash can hurt someone.

???

That's ridiculous. Either that or you have an extremely low opinion of the general intelligence of the movie going population. What's hard to believe about getting hurt by a guy throwing lightspeed punches? laughing

And Wonder Woman needs to be done. People need to stop thinking she's a joke of a character.

Last edited by HaSon on Oct 23rd, 2005 at 04:13 AM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 04:02 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bahhh_yeti

I wasnt implyin reading the comics is a requirement for citizenship and the point of a movie would be to explain his origins. He being the most well known of the avengers is TOTAL crap. Ironman AND The Hulk are just as famous AND there are over 50 official members and over 50 honourary members to date including Spiderman, Wolverine, Beast and all of the fantastic 4.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2005 04:10 AM
bahhh_yeti is currently offline Click here to Send bahhh_yeti a Private Message Find more posts by bahhh_yeti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
severance
Plot is better than power

dazzler
what a crap character

watch out i'm gonna dazzle ya - wait let me turn on my disco tunes first

Captain Britain - I'm British and I know this charcters not gonna work on a British audience

Old Post Oct 25th, 2005 06:49 PM
severance is currently offline Click here to Send severance a Private Message Find more posts by severance Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jimmy Buggs

x men

Old Post Oct 30th, 2005 02:55 AM
Jimmy Buggs is currently offline Click here to Send Jimmy Buggs a Private Message Find more posts by Jimmy Buggs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Originally posted by Zahit
wolverine.

yeah he's already had 2 with a 3rd one on the way.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2005 03:26 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Many, many characters shouldn't. Too many to name. However, these are what I've heard so far that are in production that I don't think should be:

Iron Fist - who cares.
Ant Man - ha.
Namor - c'mon, Aquaman is much cooler than him. Namor is gay.
Black Panther - MAYBE one film but don't make a trilogy or something.
Elektra - shouldn't have been done. She was ok for Daredevil but don't give her her own movie.
Luke Cage - not big enough, sorry pal.
Deadpool - I just don't see how they can make an entire film out of him. He's kinda cool but he should just be a part of an X-Men cameo or something.

What they SHOULD do, if they aren't getting the ball on it already (and some they are):

Flash - hurry up. Reynolds is perfect for Wally.
Green Lantern - I'd prefer Rayner but Jordan would be good too.
Iron Man - come on, he's a big character, its about time.
Captain America - revamp.
Thor - big character, give him a shot.
Wonder Woman - I don't love the character but she's very popular and deserves her own film, without a doubt.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2005 06:56 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cosmicvenger

Actually looking forward to the Silver Surfer Movie

I'm actually looking forward to the Silver Surfer movie, and think it's quite viable to pull off with either Mephisto and or Galactus (well of course Galactus has to be in the movie).

As for comic characters that should never ever have their own movie...my number choice would be Speedball

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 03:02 AM
cosmicvenger is currently offline Click here to Send cosmicvenger a Private Message Find more posts by cosmicvenger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

Mephisto is in Ghost Rider. Galactus would definitely be in SS. Hm....who the hell do you think could actually play Galactus??? I never thought about it

Old Post Dec 13th, 2005 03:06 AM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bushwacker

Funny how they'll make movies about characters from the 70's or later who didn't sell many comics, but not make movies of the more popular characters. That might be a good thing, though. Hollywood likes putting their own spin on things and ruin it for people who know the character before walking into the theater.
Some characters who I hope not to see in movies, in no particular order, are Booster Gold, Blue Devil, Drax the Destroyer, Speedball, and Justice. Just to name a few.....

Old Post Dec 14th, 2005 11:43 PM
Bushwacker is currently offline Click here to Send Bushwacker a Private Message Find more posts by Bushwacker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I-Drop
Privateer

Originally posted by NoFate007
Many, many characters shouldn't. Too many to name. However, these are what I've heard so far that are in production that I don't think should be:

Iron Fist - who cares.
Ant Man - ha.
Namor - c'mon, Aquaman is much cooler than him. Namor is gay.
Aquaman will always be a well known joke. He's about as cool as Jubilee. Namor's about 1000 times cooler than Aquaman. Have you ever seen a Namorlad? It doesn't get much gayer than aquaman.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 11:15 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Originally posted by brainchild81
Aquaman will always be a well known joke. He's about as cool as Jubilee. Namor's about 1000 times cooler than Aquaman. Have you ever seen a Namorlad? It doesn't get much gayer than aquaman.

He's a great character. Orange and green color schemes seem to bring out his feminine side though. I agree, Aquaman movie will tank. If you gave people a choice if they to either watch an Aquaman movie, or a Namor movie, 7 maybe 8 out of 10 people will go and watch Namor.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 11:20 PM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

After seeing it, Hulk.

Before seeing it, I wouldn't have minded.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 11:22 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Onikirimaru
Saikyo Soulja

Blue Beetle

A super hero struggling with obesity. No thanks.

"Dunno what your crying for, what did you expect? Im DAN HIBIKI!"

Old Post Dec 16th, 2005 05:31 AM
Onikirimaru is currently offline Click here to Send Onikirimaru a Private Message Find more posts by Onikirimaru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

Smile Friendly

I am sorry for causing a little tension. My words don't have aim. In this case some superheroes need the presence of others not because one looks better or inferior but they work better as a team. We have Marvel and DC, each with their characters and never meant to collide. Captain America is a lonesome warrior that took his own choice and if we see him later with someone is because he is in the world not on the moon. For this very reason our heroes cannot make their ways permanently alone smile

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 11:19 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
redcaped
Restricted

Account Restricted

You guys need to hear this. Having trouble introducing characters altogether? The Avengers CAN-sorry, make its (movie) way through. Are you familiar with Japan and how they keep the smart style of having a line with the image paused? That can be done in english. You see? It's a simple solution. Why burn our minds if we work as a team.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2005 11:36 PM
redcaped is currently offline Click here to Send redcaped a Private Message Find more posts by redcaped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote