KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Death Penalty

Are you for the death penalty or against it?
This poll is closed.
for death penalty 21 38.18%
against death penalty 23 41.82%
Undecided 11 20.00%
Total: 55 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Death Penalty
Started by: Julie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (88): « First ... « 18 19 [20] 21 22 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jinXed by JaNx

let em fry.the death penalty is justice, nothing more. If innocent people end up on death row. this does not discredit the death penalty. Only the justice system.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 12:08 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fiery Eyes

yeah but all the evidence can point to them doing the crime, but yet they didn't.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 12:10 AM
Fiery Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Fiery Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Fiery Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

obviously not all of the evidence. It is still ordinary people that sentence people to death. I cannot see how anyone can blame the death penalty as being barbaric or imorale. If anything is barbaric or inmorale, it would be the people sentencing them to death. It is however, merely people sentencing what they feel is justice.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 12:31 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

No person claiming to live in the modern society can convince me that death penalty is justified.

If you love your death penalty so much, then go back and live in Tribes! There, when a someone kills a person, he himself is killed.

For the ones who love and support human rights and modern society, see the wrongness and the barbaric nature of it.

Why dont you go back and have a look at which countries still practice death penalty? That will tell you a lot.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 01:23 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

No, it won't. It will just tell me that some countries believe in it, and some don't, which is already obvious from this discussion.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 01:26 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Nope, it will tell you that out of the first world countries, with a democratic and fair system of government, its only Japan and America that still allow it.

Have a look see...

Death Penalty Outlawed

Andorra
Angola
Australia
Austria
Azerbaijan
Belgium
Bermuda
Bulgaria
Cambodia
Canada
Cape Verde
Colombia
Costa Rica
Côte d'Ivoire
Croatia
Cyprus
Czech Republic
Denmark
Djibouti
Dominican Republic
East Timor
Ecuador
Estonia
Finland
France
Georgia
Germany
Guinea-Bissau
Haiti
Honduras
Hungary
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Kiribati
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Macedonia
Malta
Marshall Islands
Mauritius
Micronesia
Moldova
Monaco
Mozambique
Namibia
Nepal
Netherlands
New Zealand
Nicaragua
Norway
Palau
Panama
Paraguay
Poland
Portugal
Romania
San Marino
São Tomé and Príncipe
Serbia and Montenegro
Seychelles
Slovak Republic
Slovenia
Solomon Islands
South Africa
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Turkmenistan
Tuvalu
Ukraine
United Kingdom
Uruguay
Vanuatu
Vatican City State
Venezuela
Yugoslavia[/size]

Death Penalty Permitted

Afghanistan
Algeria
Antigua and Barbuda
Armenia
Bahamas
Bahrain
Bangladesh
Barbados
Belarus
Belize
Benin
Botswana
Burundi
Cameroon
Chad
China (People's Republic)
Comoros
Congo (Democratic Republic)
Cuba
Dominica
Egypt
Equatorial Guinea
Eritrea
Ethiopia
Gabon
Ghana
Guatemala
Guinea
Guyana
India
Indonesia
Iran
Iraq
Jamaica
Japan
Jordan
Kazakhstan
Kenya
Korea, North
Korea, South
Kuwait
Kyrgyzstan
Laos
Lebanon
Lesotho
Liberia
Libya
Malawi
Malaysia
Mauritania
Mongolia
Morocco
Myanmar
Nigeria
Oman
Pakistan
Palestinian Authority
Philippines
Qatar
Rwanda
St. Kitts and Nevis
St. Lucia
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
Saudi Arabia
Sierra Leone
Singapore
Somalia
Sudan
Swaziland
Syria
Taiwan
Tajikistan
Tanzania
Thailand
Trinidad and Tobago
Tunisia
Uganda
United Arab Emirates
United States of America
Uzbekistan
Vietnam
Yemen
Zambia
Zimbabwe

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 01:40 AM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

quote:
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
No person claiming to live in the modern society can convince me that death penalty is justified.

If you love your death penalty so much, then go back and live in Tribes! There, when a someone kills a person, he himself is killed.

For the ones who love and support human rights and modern society, see the wrongness and the barbaric nature of it.

Why dont you go back and have a look at which countries still practice death penalty? That will tell you a lot.

I dont care about the death penalty. I just believe it is justified. I could care less about people who think it is morally disgusting. I understand that,i used to think the same. However, i cannot stomach extremists on the subject. Why would i go live in a tribe if i loved the death penalty? Isnt America just one big tribe? It functions the same way a tribe does, but on a larger scale.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 01:45 AM
phinney6
consiglieri

quote:
Originally posted by Fiery Eyes
I think ALL of our prisons shld be more strict than what they are now. They let them do wayyyyy to much.

Totally agree, if they did make prison less good to prisoners and pure torture, then I would be against death penalty, but the prisons just do not work that way.

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 01:53 AM
phinney6 is currently offline Click here to Send phinney6 a Private Message Find more posts by phinney6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
great_cakes

its mostly al the civilized and european countries that realize that the death penalty dousnt help them and too old fashioned.// remeber, if any1s seen the micheal moore documentary, "bowling for Columbinne" all european countries have about 30 murders a year... u.s.a. has roughly 12.000 a year! I bet starting a more civilized government, get bush outa the white house, better gun laws, and less violencial influwence.. would probably decrease the need for death penalty and hopefully ban em @ some po
int.

u prob dusagree, but i had to give my opinion//

Last edited by great_cakes on Sep 11th, 2004 at 01:19 PM

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 01:15 PM
great_cakes is currently offline Click here to Send great_cakes a Private Message Find more posts by great_cakes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

in some way true ... i think there more scared of getting sued by the familys that think the prisoner is innocent ... tho to me being locked up in a cell for 20 something hours a day isnt a good enough punishment for them ... they till get some of the privilages we get on the outside (television ,sports , education )

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 01:19 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
phinney6
consiglieri

Yeah and if we become more "civilized" we have half our rights taken away. Besides murder in america is so high because of all the different styles of people, we are like the mis-fits

Old Post Sep 11th, 2004 06:12 PM
phinney6 is currently offline Click here to Send phinney6 a Private Message Find more posts by phinney6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Alpha Centauri
Restricted

Account Restricted

"It is still ordinary people that sentence people to death. I cannot see how anyone can blame the death penalty as being barbaric or imorale."

So by that rationale, if a random yahoo on the street thinks you're doing something worthy of death, it's perfectly fine?

Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-bulllllshite.

I'm sorry but that's just silly. That's exactly WHY it's wrong. Who are they to have the ultimate official say of what I do wrong? To them, drinking under certain ages is wrong, taking drugs is wrong. They are ordinary people therefore they can be wrong. Until a method of absolute concrete undeniability is made up then they should not have something as drastic as the Death Penalty.

-AC

Signature by Starlock.

I review comics and such here: http://welcometothemast.blogspot.com

Old Post Sep 12th, 2004 03:29 PM
Alpha Centauri is currently offline Click here to Send Alpha Centauri a Private Message Find more posts by Alpha Centauri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CherryPop
I'm Bringing Sexy Back

Re: Death Penalty

quote:
Originally posted by Julie
This was brought up in another thread, but I believe it deserves a thread of its own. What are your thoughts on the death penatly.

I am for it...strongly, but it also is dependent upon the circumstances....for the sentence.

I am very much for it.

My Sig Gallery Taking Requests

Old Post Sep 12th, 2004 05:30 PM
CherryPop is currently offline Click here to Send CherryPop a Private Message Find more posts by CherryPop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

quote:
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I dont care about the death penalty. I just believe it is justified. I could care less about people who think it is morally disgusting. I understand that,i used to think the same. However, i cannot stomach extremists on the subject. Why would i go live in a tribe if i loved the death penalty? Isnt America just one big tribe? It functions the same way a tribe does, but on a larger scale.

Extreamist? Please! Extreamisnts are the ones who cannot see further tha whats in front of them and supporting life for a life!

Why live in Tribes?? Because in tribes life for a life is justified, not in a civilised society.
Because in 354BC people in Babylon had a law that had eye for an eye system! I think we live many years passed 354BC, do you?
I dont know about you and America, but if America to you is one big tribe, the good luck. Europe is not a big group of tribes however, but a group of civilised countries.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 12:04 AM
Tex
Yumsz

We should send all of our child murdering rapists to Europe! yes

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 12:07 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

yes, because we europeans need more murderers and rapists.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 01:29 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

Pffft, does America need Europe to clean up its mess...again?

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 02:25 AM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Great Cakes has a point.
If we look at the number of murders in Europe and then in the US, and take into account the populations of each continent – the US still has a lot more murders than Europe.
Why?
The usual argument I hear from pro-death penalty Americans is the wish to be rid of – for good – some insane mass-murderers (correct me if I am wrong), and make sure murderers don’t escape and do “it” again.
Does anyone have the actual NUMBERS for will-full murders in the US? I’m not talking accidents etc, but real murder??

Phinney6> “Yeah and if we become more "civilized" we have half our rights taken away.”
Huh? Care to explain that? And do you mean Americans and paranoid and xenophobic??

Tex> Love you sig! big grin How many child-murdering rapists are there in the US a year?

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 10:45 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

quote:
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

I'm sorry but that's just silly. That's exactly WHY it's wrong. Who are they to have the ultimate official say of what I do wrong? To them, drinking under certain ages is wrong, taking drugs is wrong. They are ordinary people therefore they can be wrong. Until a method of absolute concrete undeniability is made up then they should not have something as drastic as the Death Penalty.

-AC

Who are they to ultimate say what you do is wrong? They are the LAW ENFORCERS. Yes, their job is to maintain order in society. Since society CANNOT act by itself in a orderly and progessive way, they require a system of laws, and a system of laws are chosen by society. Society also chooses who should apply the law. They also choose who should punish the offenders. So, if you're going to be asking who appointed these ppl to enforce the law....then ask your own society, since is obvious they appointed them to enforce the law.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 10:46 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gory Game Lover

Against.Life in prison would be better.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2004 11:04 PM
Gory Game Lover is currently offline Click here to Send Gory Game Lover a Private Message Find more posts by Gory Game Lover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote