KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » maverick vs gambit

maverick vs gambit
Started by: wolverine8888

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
wolverine8888
Restricted

Account Restricted

maverick vs gambit

maverick pritty much just a better version then gambit so he would take this fight but I wanna see what some gambit fans think.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 05:05 PM
wolverine8888 is currently offline Click here to Send wolverine8888 a Private Message Find more posts by wolverine8888 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Gambit. Maverick is a P list character who got transformed by Weapon X into a pretty good one.

I can't remember Mav taking out anyone significant. I remember him being scared like a little sissy from Wolverine and Sabretooth though.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 05:30 PM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolverine8888
Restricted

Account Restricted

scared? marverick ahs never once been scared of them hell maverick does not know what being scared is. by the way his mutant ability was a betetr version of gmabits now after weapon x and such, along with other training and weapons would rape gambit.

Old Post Oct 14th, 2005 05:35 PM
wolverine8888 is currently offline Click here to Send wolverine8888 a Private Message Find more posts by wolverine8888 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Maverick--"He is a mutant with the power to absorb kinetic energy and rechannel it at will."

Now, why is this better than Gambit's power again? Seriously, I don't see why Maverick's power is better at all. Maverick can't cause things to explode just by looking at them. Gambit can. Maverick can't use the kinetic energy to increase his abilities. Gambit can. These two things alone put Gambit's abilities above Maverick's.

That said. Gambit wins.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 07:19 AM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Didn't Sabertooth kill Maverick relatively recently? Stabbing him in the chest and then dropping him from the roof of the building they were on? erm

~wickerman~

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 07:22 AM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Gambit wins. Why do you want to see Gambit loose so badly wolverine8888?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 07:26 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by StyleTime
Gambit wins. Why do you want to see Gambit loose so badly wolverine8888?

Because he knows that Gambit would totally rock Wolverine.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 11:47 AM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

As Agent Zero, he could take Gambit. Wouldn't be easy. Dunno about before the power upgrade though.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 01:10 PM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Maverick's appeared to die on several occasions. Does Mav get all his cool weapons?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 01:32 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolverine8888
Restricted

Account Restricted

yes maverick gets all his weapons. by the way metal maverick powers can up grade is abilites too far stronger then gambits can he can increase his strength to super human levels, also with his other abilites. by the way gambit can not just loock at some ting and it explodes lol he has to be touch it. maverick could asorbs the explosions because there just giving off the type of enegery he asorbs. he also can ub grade his durrability with his powers and also he can jump outa biuldings and land perfecting fine. he cna also channle his energy through weapons making ther eplast stronger. he cna also shoot energy. so please tell me how gambits can take this? maverick powers are better. he better fighter. he has so many weapons on him at all time it crazy.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 02:30 PM
wolverine8888
Restricted

Account Restricted

gambits power only up grades his agility to peakhuman as ive stated with evidence many times

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 02:32 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Even sick as a dog with the Legacy Virus Maverick would rock Gambit like he was nothing. I can't believe that anyone in their right mind would give Gambit decent odds against Maverick let alone Wolverine.

Oh and the Mav that Sabretooth killed was an imposter, the real Maverick was Agent Zero... who killed himself in Weapon X: Days of Future Now 3.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 03:17 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolverine8888
Restricted

Account Restricted

yup

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 03:20 PM
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Again, who of significance has Maverick ever taken out?

Go read X-men Unlimited 3 (The first series, not the current one.)

Maverick is scared like a little girl of Sabretooth. He pretty much concedes any fight before it even begins. Now i'm not one to judge a comic book guy's character or anything...

The only significant thing Maverick ever did was hang out with Wolverine and Sabretooth back in the day and become friends with some teenage boy who went crazy later on.

I'll say Gambit wins. Like Maverick is the first guy with a gun to ever come after him.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 03:49 PM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolverine8888
Restricted

Account Restricted

lol u need to read mavricks series he has taken out many strong people. hell even sick has he was he too out an army by him self befor. Mavarick neevr been scared befor of sabertooth i ahve no idea why he would be then. als looking powers a lone gambits ****ed. gambits has foughten maverick befor and even mavrick with no powers ebcause he was so sick was still winning. ALSO WHAT HAS GAMBIT DONE THATS SO GREAT BY HIM SELF? nuthing at all mavrick done so many more things. the amount of people who try and kill mavrick is in sane purly in sane

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 04:04 PM
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Did Maverick have powers in unlimitted #3?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 04:05 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Originally posted by 8bitChris
Again, who of significance has Maverick ever taken out?

Go read X-men Unlimited 3 (The first series, not the current one.)

Maverick is scared like a little girl of Sabretooth. He pretty much concedes any fight before it even begins. Now i'm not one to judge a comic book guy's character or anything...

The only significant thing Maverick ever did was hang out with Wolverine and Sabretooth back in the day and become friends with some teenage boy who went crazy later on.

I'll say Gambit wins. Like Maverick is the first guy with a gun to ever come after him.

X-men Unlimited 3? I remember Mav fighting Sabretooth, getting owned until Sabs left, then Mav shows up at the X Mansion and takes down Gambit, Rogue and Bishop at the same time and latter in the issue Sabretooth does the same.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 04:05 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolverine8888
Restricted

Account Restricted

nice man totaly for got about that time

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 04:09 PM
Hit_and_Miss
I wonder....

Its obvious that wolverine8888 wants to use this as a chace to bash people who voted against wolverine int he "wolvie vs gambits" thread;

its a shame really...

By Barker
"There can be only none..."

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 04:44 PM
Hit_and_Miss is currently offline Click here to Send Hit_and_Miss a Private Message Find more posts by Hit_and_Miss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
X-men Unlimited 3? I remember Mav fighting Sabretooth, getting owned until Sabs left, then Mav shows up at the X Mansion and takes down Gambit, Rogue and Bishop at the same time and latter in the issue Sabretooth does the same.

By taking them out you mean sneaking up on them and gassing them?

Or are you insinuiating that even if it weren't a surprise attack Maverick is more than man enough to take out Gambit, Bishop, and Ms. Marvel Rogue at the same time?

I have the comic right here. Quote Sabretooth. "You aint good enough Maverick"

Again, can anyone tell me anything significant Maverick has done?
Besides take out a few goons?

Gambit has saved the world. Has Maverick?

Gambit wins, he's just a better fighter. Maverick only used guns.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Oct 15th, 2005 04:52 PM