KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » Hosted Area Game Ideas Submission- READ THIS THREAD FIRST!

Hosted Area Game Ideas Submission- READ THIS THREAD FIRST!
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (159): « First ... « 149 150 [151] 152 153 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bladewind

Arena
"Death comes to those who accept it. Only those that deny it live."
-God Emperor Opulentus Praepotens

In a medieval fantasy world, a gigantic empire has risen to rule all. It's ruler, God Emperor Opulentus Praepotens, led the empire's great armies to victory against one nation after the other and defeated all. He ordered all royalties to be publicly executed and all nobles to be driven into slavery. Fear of the God Emperor's divine punishment replaced all other feelings in the common peasant's soul. However, two brothers, twins linked by blood and friendship, rebelled one day. Together they brought a gigantic civil war upon the supossedly almighty empire. Fear was replaced by anger. It was a long and bloody war, fought between loyalist and rebels. Then, as the rebel army stood before the capital's gates, Opulentus Praepotens himself joined the fray, wielding his two handed mace, the symbol of his power as he had so many times before.

His sheer presence on the battlefield reinforced the will of his loyal soldiers and weakened the resolve of the rebels. He raced his own men to the enemy and was the first to draw blood in the whole battle. Throughout the ensuing battle he fought as a one-man-army, a killing machine that knew no mercy. Seeing that their men were being beaten back whereever the towering figure of the God Emperor appeared, the twins decided that it was time to take down the cause of all this misery. When the battle was the most ferocious, the two brothers engaged the God Emperor in a lengthy duel, wielding their weapons with experience that had com with the battles they had already gone through. With steel resolve they twisted and turned out of the mace's path, dodging each deadly strike. Then they struck simultaneously, in perfect synchronisation.

Opulentus Praepotens' roar of pain was heard over the whole battlefield and all fighting ceased as loyalists and rebels alike heard what was supposedly the God Emperor's death. But they were wrong. As the twins savoured their false victory gauntleted hands flew out to either side of the giant warrior, getting a hold of the necks of his two enemies. Casually choking them into unconsciousness, the God Emperor proved once more that he was more than any other man. He was something greater, something beyond a human's limited understanding. The fighting ceased completely as the rebels lost all of their courage and surrendered. They were forced to build a gigantic structure of stone. Many died and only the most hardened survived to become part of the horrors that were about to consume them.

All people that lived in the capital or close to it, were called to the newly built Arena. There on the sand that covered the fighting ground, the rebels were forced to fight eachother to the death. The last duel was the most dramatic of them all: the twins were turned against eachother. It was a long and touching confrontation, touching even the coldest of heart but when one brother's sword cut head from shoulders all the God Emperor did was smile cruelly. A long silence followed as the audience gazed upon the man that now dropped on his knees beside the headless corpse to beg forgiveness of his brother. Then Opulentus Praepotentus grasped his mace and leapt down into the Arena itself, crushing the victor beneath his feet. The first gladiatorial contest had come to an end but many would follow...

After many years the Arena has become more than just a piece of ground covered with sand and surrounded by seats. The sand has given way to miniature battlefields, generated by ancient magic. Now the conditions under which the gladiators are forced to fight may range from a small island surrounded by lava to a lake filled with stepping stones. It is in this time that a new way of fighting is introduced by the God Emperor: team battles! You are in one of those teams, trying to ascend to the very top along with your fellow gladiators.

So much for the plot. In the OOC things like possible weapons etc will be announced if things progress that far. About the post length I expect two paragraphs with five sentences each minimum, hopefully more. If you know that you don't usually write that amount, don't put yourself through lots of trouble just to get the pos length, join RPs without minimum post limits and work on lengthening your posts there. It will get fairly explicit in things of violence, blood and body parts flying through the air are totally awesome for me, however I don't want to really know about any internal organs being torn from the enemy's body (Or do I? I'll have to think about it...) Relationships with other gladiators are allowed. Don't expect that you'll be killing the God Emperor or anything in that direction, you're a gladiator, that's all. As you may have noticed already this RP focuses more on action packed battles than on relationships but of course one thing doesn't exclude the other.

The Way Things Will Happen:

After generating a character (max 3 per player) using the CS I'm working on currently, everyone will start off in a cart carrying the team to their first battle. There will be about two pages of char development at the least if everything goes as planned. Then the group goes to sleep to rest for the upcoming confrontation. Once everybody has made their last post, saying that their char is going to sleep, I'll bring up a post of the group discussing strategy etc only minutes before the actual battle. After that is done I will once more make an intro post, detailing the entry into the arena, the atmosphere, the behaviour of the enemy etc. Everyone then has a chance to add some of their own details before I again make a post to open the battle. That will stay the same for about 3 battles. Then I may change the system.

About posting and waiting for others:

In char development you can speed post to your heart's content but as soon as tactical discussion start, everyone has to wait until the others have posted before posting another post. That is to keep two chars from deciding something or even ending the battle on their own because the others aren't online at the time. If I say that someone or everybody should stop posting, they do so.

Characters:

Players can only play gladiators. I'll take over any NPCs. At the beginning of the RP the chars will be clothed in pices of cloth and wield bronze weaponry but as they win battles and earn money, they slowly become elite warriors. There won't be any XP or anything in that direction but there will still be char advancement. If someone uses moves that they can't execute I will tell them and announce that their post is to be ignored.

I know all of those rules seem a bit much but if everybody goes by them it will make the RP just that much more enjoyable. It may not be that much but I can't come up with much more right now. Anybody interested?

Members (5 would be ideal but if Ush thinks we need more we do):
Bladewind
Phoenix3068
Etna
jalek moye

Old Post Mar 7th, 2011 04:22 PM
Bladewind is currently offline Click here to Send Bladewind a Private Message Find more posts by Bladewind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starryknight

I join arena.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2011 09:02 PM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bladewind

Arena

In a medieval fantasy world, a gigantic empire has risen to rule all. It's ruler, God Emperor Opulentus Praepotens, led the empire's great armies to victory against one nation after the other and defeated all. He ordered all royalties to be publicly executed and all nobles to be driven into slavery. Fear of the God Emperor's divine punishment replaced all other feelings in the common peasant's soul. However, two brothers, twins linked by blood and friendship, rebelled one day. Together they brought a gigantic civil war upon the supossedly almighty empire. Fear was replaced by anger. It was a long and bloody war, fought between loyalist and rebels. Then, as the rebel army stood before the capital's gates, Opulentus Praepotens himself joined the fray, wielding his two handed mace, the symbol of his power as he had so many times before.

His sheer presence on the battlefield reinforced the will of his loyal soldiers and weakened the resolve of the rebels. He raced his own men to the enemy and was the first to draw blood in the whole battle. Throughout the ensuing battle he fought as a one-man-army, a killing machine that knew no mercy. Seeing that their men were being beaten back whereever the towering figure of the God Emperor appeared, the twins decided that it was time to take down the cause of all this misery. When the battle was the most ferocious, the two brothers engaged the God Emperor in a lengthy duel, wielding their weapons with experience that had com with the battles they had already gone through. With steel resolve they twisted and turned out of the mace's path, dodging each deadly strike. Then they struck simultaneously, in perfect synchronisation.

Opulentus Praepotens' roar of pain was heard over the whole battlefield and all fighting ceased as loyalists and rebels alike heard what was supposedly the God Emperor's death. But they were wrong. As the twins savoured their false victory gauntleted hands flew out to either side of the giant warrior, getting a hold of the necks of his two enemies. Casually choking them into unconsciousness, the God Emperor proved once more that he was more than any other man. He was something greater, something beyond a human's limited understanding. The fighting ceased completely as the rebels lost all of their courage and surrendered. They were forced to build a gigantic structure of stone. Many died and only the most hardened survived to become part of the horrors that were about to consume them.

All people that lived in the capital or close to it, were called to the newly built Arena. There on the sand that covered the fighting ground, the rebels were forced to fight eachother to the death. The last duel was the most dramatic of them all: the twins were turned against eachother. It was a long and touching confrontation, touching even the coldest of heart but when one brother's sword cut head from shoulders all the God Emperor did was smile cruelly. A long silence followed as the audience gazed upon the man that now dropped on his knees beside the headless corpse to beg forgiveness of his brother. Then Opulentus Praepotentus grasped his mace and leapt down into the Arena itself, crushing the victor beneath his feet. The first gladiatorial contest had come to an end but many would follow...

After many years the Arena has become more than just a piece of ground covered with sand and surrounded by seats. The sand has given way to miniature battlefields, generated by ancient magic. Now the conditions under which the gladiators are forced to fight may range from a small island surrounded by lava to a lake filled with stepping stones. It is in this time that a new way of fighting is introduced by the God Emperor: team battles! You are in one of those teams, trying to ascend to the very top along with your fellow gladiators.

So much for the plot. In the OOC things like possible weapons etc will be announced if things progress that far. About the post length I expect two paragraphs with five sentences each minimum, hopefully more. If you know that you don't usually write that amount, don't put yourself through lots of trouble just to get the pos length, join RPs without minimum post limits and work on lengthening your posts there. It will get fairly explicit in things of violence, blood and body parts flying through the air are totally awesome for me, however I don't want to really know about any internal organs being torn from the enemy's body (Or do I? I'll have to think about it...) Relationships with other gladiators are allowed. Don't expect that you'll be killing the God Emperor or anything in that direction, you're a gladiator, that's all. As you may have noticed already this RP focuses more on action packed battles than on relationships but of course one thing doesn't exclude the other.

After generating a character (max 3 per player) using the CS I'm working on currently, everyone will start off in a cart carrying the team to their first battle. There will be about two pages of char development at the least if everything goes as planned. Then the group goes to sleep to rest for the upcoming confrontation. Once everybody has made their last post, saying that their char is going to sleep, I'll bring up a post of the group discussing strategy etc only minutes before the actual battle. After that is done I will once more make an intro post, detailing the entry into the arena, the atmosphere, the behaviour of the enemy etc. Everyone then has a chance to add some of their own details before I again make a post to open the battle. That will stay the same for about 3 battles. Then I may change the system.

In char development you can speed post to your heart's content but as soon as tactical discussion start, everyone has to wait until the others have posted before posting another post. That is to keep two chars from deciding something or even ending the battle on their own because the others aren't online at the time. If I say that someone or everybody should stop posting, they do so.

Characters:

Players can only play gladiators. I'll take over any NPCs. At the beginning of the RP the chars will be clothed in pices of cloth and wield bronze weaponry but as they win battles and earn money, they slowly become elite warriors. There won't be any XP or anything in that direction but there will still be char advancement. If someone uses moves that they can't execute I will tell them and announce that their post is to be ignored.

I know all of those rules seem a bit much but if everybody goes by them it will make the RP just that much more enjoyable. It may not be that much but I can't come up with much more right now. Anybody interested?

Bladewind
Phoenix3068
Etna
jalek moye
starryknight

Could we start now Ush?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 01:23 PM
Bladewind is currently offline Click here to Send Bladewind a Private Message Find more posts by Bladewind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Samurai4Hire
Zombie Response Team

Ill join Arena

Old Post Apr 24th, 2011 10:58 AM
Samurai4Hire is currently offline Click here to Send Samurai4Hire a Private Message Find more posts by Samurai4Hire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bladewind

Arena

In char development you can speed post to your heart's content but as soon as tactical discussion starts, everyone has to wait until the others have posted before posting another post. That is to keep two chars from deciding something or even ending the battle on their own because the others aren't online at the time. If I say that someone or everybody should stop posting, they do so.

Characters:

Prototype CS:
Name: (Go for something ancient sounding)
Gladiatorial Name: (The name known to the crowd. Make it depict your character's personality/fighting style etc.)
Weapon: (Swords, Daggers, Axes, Spears, Bows, Crossbows, Maces, Shields, Staves. In all of their variations.)
Appearance: (Not sure if I'm going to go for pics here.)

Players can only play gladiators. I'll take over any NPCs. At the beginning of the RP the chars will be clothed in pices of cloth and wield bronze weaponry but as they win battles and earn money, they slowly become elite warriors. There won't be any XP or anything in that direction but there will still be char advancement. After every battle I'll award advancements, be they small or big. If someone uses moves that they can't execute I will tell them and announce that their post is to be ignored.

Bladewind
Phoenix3068
Etna
jalek moye
starryknight
Samurai4Hire

Could we please start now Ush?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2011 07:22 PM
jacksripper
you're worst nightmare

i want to make this star gate role play but i didn't know you needed permisson so the mod peach closed it it is in the making but here is my idea so far
star gate the forgotten war
the year is 3000 star gates are known world round and used as trasportaion the the world of asgard is long forgotten the jaffa are also forgotten basicly the entire star gate program is forgotten until today when a young boy who is playing with his dads star gate and dials the jaffa planet and gets captured so your misson is to find out more about what the jaffa are and why they captured the little boy and to recover the info long forgotten about the star gate program here is a list of known locations
1.earth
2.atlantis
3.the jaffa planet
4.asgard abandond
5.mt.cheyyan complex
6.Antiqui
7.centrum porta
8.the wraith planet
9.the starship destiny
10.the new asgardien planet
rules to be devleopd

Old Post May 17th, 2011 06:39 PM
jacksripper is currently offline Click here to Send jacksripper a Private Message Find more posts by jacksripper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolfsrainluver1

Tongue Re: Hosted Area Game Ideas Submission- READ THIS THREAD FIRST!

lol you are wierd but cool hey can you add me! cool

Old Post Sep 11th, 2011 09:10 PM
wolfsrainluver1 is currently offline Click here to Send wolfsrainluver1 a Private Message Find more posts by wolfsrainluver1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dylan2102wright
The hobbit

Cool

I don't understand this role play but I would like to join in the lord of the rings one it looks good but I don't know what to do can any one tell me????

Old Post Nov 10th, 2011 03:40 PM
dylan2102wright is currently offline Click here to Send dylan2102wright a Private Message Find more posts by dylan2102wright Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dylan2102wright
The hobbit

The long journey

I have an idea

My rpg is a quest to a new world the old world was destroyed by an evil empire the world was once a paradise they are only 6 survivors in the world they are traveling to the other end of the world behind the mountains on ther way they will come across trolls a dragon minotours evil men and a army of goblins in a world of fire and ash.

Character selection

Pick a race

Man/woman

Elf

Dwaf
Wizard

Chose your name
Bow sword axe staff dagger mace crossbow or magic<only wizards get magic (choose 2 weapons)
Skill: (wizard dosnt get one as they have magic) free runner :run fast and are stronger. Stealth master: can turn invisible (note requires the dagger) lord of war: if you choose the sword you kill twice as many enemies with the super sword. Elder: can kill the trolls quickly but you must forfit a weapon.

People please ask to play this rpg it will be fun thanks for reading.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2011 08:14 PM
dylan2102wright is currently offline Click here to Send dylan2102wright a Private Message Find more posts by dylan2102wright Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dylan2102wright
I don't understand this role play but I would like to join in the lord of the rings one it looks good but I don't know what to do can any one tell me????

As for this, have you checked out the rules thread? Not my simplest game, I am afraid, but it is not a bad time to join.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Nov 21st, 2011 05:29 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dylan2102wright
The hobbit

How do you join ?

Old Post Nov 21st, 2011 07:08 PM
dylan2102wright
The hobbit

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ushgarak
As for this, have you checked out the rules thread? Not my simplest game, I am afraid, but it is not a bad time to join.

How do I join???

Old Post Nov 21st, 2011 07:09 PM
Bladewind

In your place, I'd check the char creation thread and post a CS.

Apart from that, I'll gladly join "The Long Journey".

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2011 11:05 AM
DangerousBeauty

Beyond Lie the Looking Glass

In the mirror I stand all alone
My lifelong purpose still unknown,
In the mirror I ask myself why
In the mirror I see myself die,

In the mirror I see my life
With darkened sorrows that fill my strife,
In the mirror I see my pain
In the mirror it starts to rain,

In the mirror I stand all night
Holding on gripping so tight,
So in the mirror I count 1,2
And in the mirror I wish for you…,

This roleplay is going to be moderately hosted. You can choose a character from any time line, genre, from the new world itself, or even from another roleplay. Powers are limited. They all must mesh together. (i.e. you cant have lightning powers if you’re a mind reader.) I am going to be very strict on where players are, do not get separated from each other, and with what your characters do and do not know. (You cant know about a fight in a bar if your down the street talking to someone in the market.) I will be sending private messages about what your characters see or know. You can also post in the sign up/OOC thread with questions for me regarding your characters. If I feel you are not taking this seriously then I will ask you to leave the thread. Posts must be 4 sentences or more.

The roleplay begins with each player being drawn into another world through a mirror. How it happens will be Pmed to you. Your characters will find themselves in a new world. Odd and new creatures inhabit the land, as well as humans. All are from various timelines. Your characters will learn that they were trapped within a wizards looking glass. Within are 4 other powerful beings who had a looking glass as well. As your characters entered the world, their only means of escape was destroyed. Now, they must find the pieces of the looking glass if they have any hopes of returning to their world and defeating the man who trapped them.

Last edited by DangerousBeauty on Jan 13th, 2012 at 04:31 AM

Old Post Jan 13th, 2012 04:29 AM
DangerousBeauty is currently offline Click here to Send DangerousBeauty a Private Message Find more posts by DangerousBeauty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XvampbenjiiX666
Commander Cadaver

i'm in

Thank you Scythe. "Take one last look at your shining Heaven, Imperius. For soon, nothing of it shall remain, but my laughter..."

Old Post Jan 13th, 2012 04:47 AM
XvampbenjiiX666 is currently offline Click here to Send XvampbenjiiX666 a Private Message Find more posts by XvampbenjiiX666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

ofcourse im in that

Lilypop Shots on XBOX
Lilipopshots on insragram

Old Post Jan 13th, 2012 06:04 PM
(>^^)> is currently offline Click here to Send (>^^)> a Private Message Find more posts by (>^^)> Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
starryknight

Count me in DB.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2012 09:02 AM
starryknight is currently offline Click here to Send starryknight a Private Message Find more posts by starryknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hitosu Moriko
The Aura Manipulator

Im in DB

~Decretum~

Old Post Jan 16th, 2012 05:23 PM
Hitosu Moriko is currently offline Click here to Send Hitosu Moriko a Private Message Find more posts by Hitosu Moriko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Feel free to open!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 17th, 2012 06:22 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
(>^^)>
is it there yet?

that was rather quick, then again perhaps somebody bribed you, benji offered sexual favours to get this passed didnt he?

Lilypop Shots on XBOX
Lilipopshots on insragram

Old Post Jan 17th, 2012 08:30 PM
(>^^)> is currently offline Click here to Send (>^^)> a Private Message Find more posts by (>^^)> Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote