KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Character Ownage

Character Ownage
Started by: Null

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5119): « First ... « 3050 3051 [3052] 3053 3054 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
In the next issue, they looked like this:
(please log in to view the image)

...All very consistently illustrated.

Yet in the latest issue, they looked VASTLY different... Tech-like:

But those are supposed to be the same Beyonders. The fact that they can transform (as seen in this very issue) could easily explain why they look so different.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 08:51 PM
ares834 is online now! Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Hickman gave Deodata some generic brand Transformers toys to trace.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 08:58 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by ares834
But those are supposed to be the same Beyonders. The fact that they can transform (as seen in this very issue) could easily explain why they look so different.
I understand that. I'm sure this will(sadly) end up being the case.

It's just that in one issue they appear before the heroes in their established, flesh-like forms.... Yet in the very next issue, a supposed depiction of the exact same scene has them appear as robots that look NOTHING like they had in the issue prior. It just seems exceedingly odd to me that Hickman wouldn't show them transforming into an entirely different being, but I digress. /shrug

If it is just inconsistency between pencilers, then it is probably the worst I have ever seen.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 27th, 2015 at 09:25 PM

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 09:18 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

That scene probably didn't even happen unless you think Thor, Hyperion, and Starbrand died and I don't think that is the case.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 09:20 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

I
Originally posted by One_Angry_Scot
A preview from Secret Wars #2.

The art is brilliant. I'm a big fan of Ribic.
thumb up yeah the art is great

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 09:22 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Ribic is probably the best artist in comics right now, imo. ALL of his artwork is tattoo-worthy. thumb up

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 09:24 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

I wonder if it's intentional that the Beyonders look so Ultron-y.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 09:28 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Ribic is probably the best artist in comics right now, imo. ALL of his artwork is tattoo-worthy. thumb up

I'd say him and JH Williams are damn near equals in terms of awesomeness.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 10:04 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Rob Liefeld is.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 10:04 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by -K-M-
Rob Liefeld is.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 10:06 PM
-K-M-

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 10:12 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

Can someone give me the best link or youtube or whatever to get a quick rundown on all the.incursion and whatever? I just have way.to many things going on to afford them.

Are Thor, Hype and Starbrand the only ones alive? Wheres Hulk?Surfer?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 10:13 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 10:34 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 10:35 PM
-K-M-

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 10:36 PM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
This is a lot of conjecture being assumed as fact. Call it PIS and be done with it, guessing that these Beyonders are suddenly far weaker or different is something I don't like because it's warping of evidence to our preferred power level hierarchies.

And the real kicker is that I think the 2 (Out of the 3) Beyonders we saw wipe out the Cosmics are literally the ones facing Thor/Hyperion:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Apparently one of them died off panel though as they said 2 still stand. I'm guessing those 3 were initially sent from the Beyond to ready the experiment.

And the difference in appearance is due to artists as we can see by the above scan.

People need to stop tripping, I'm sure some form of explanation will be given. Or it might not.
that bearded guy on the right is supposed to be Thor?? He's closer to Santa Claus.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 10:37 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 10:43 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by ares834

There's only one way for Hickman to save this clusterphuck.

IF, and this is a big IF, the two Beyonders that Abyss/Ex Nihilo and Starbrand 'beat' were true Beyonders and the rest of the beings that followed them through the breach were their minions. Kind of like how the Infinites had their Walkers and Servitors.

But this still doesn't explain how Abyss/Ex Nihilo and Starbrand 'beat' beings capable of wiping out the entire Cosmic Hierarchy.

What a mess. sick

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 10:50 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Zop, you just hate the Starbrand.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 11:23 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Zop, you just hate the Starbrand.

I'm actually a HUGE Starbrand and NU fan. In fact, before Hickman destroyed it and the rest of the NU by continuing Ellis' shitty retcon, I was gonna ask Leo to help me make a Respect Thread for it.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2015 11:35 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote