KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Character Ownage

Character Ownage
Started by: Null

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5119): « First ... « 4171 4172 [4173] 4174 4175 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Abhi... I hate to keep typing in this thread about this but...

I made a point that your statement could be turned around on you. Why? Because we don't actually see Superman tanking the explosion and or we don't actually see Superman fleeing the moment the planet explodes. What we do see is him fleeing the whole process of the planet's destruction as per the third scan which I keep repeating.

Hence I said he probably took a good brunt of the force of the explosion. I did not say he outraced the whole thing and took 0 effects from the force of said explosion.

Now where in my original stance regarding this feat is so wrong that you are triggered like this?

Because he isn't flying/escaping away from the planet. He is just flying away from the debris when the planet exploded, he was still on planet talking to the leader.

Unless you show us where he was flying away from the planet when it exploded, it makes no sense for him to suddenly escape in between a sentence.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 06:00 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Galan007
Infinity Countdown - Prime (1/2):
(please log in to view the image)

Guys, look closely at the last panel on this page and pay attention to the narrator : "Other universes' Marvels" Shazam!

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
There's nothing worse than Superfags and Thorbags in the same thread, I swear.

Please, just cease to exist.
It's always nice when the shit you post gets buried under pages of dick-measuring. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Abhi... I hate to keep typing in this thread about this but...

I made a point that your statement could be turned around on you. Why? Because we don't actually see Superman tanking the explosion and or we don't actually see Superman fleeing the moment the planet explodes. What we do see is him fleeing the whole process of the planet's destruction as per the third scan which I keep repeating.

Hence I said he probably took a good brunt of the force of the explosion. I did not say he outraced the whole thing and took 0 effects from the force of said explosion.

Now where in my original stance regarding this feat is so wrong that you are triggered like this?

The same stuff is made-up for Superboy Prime supposedly tanking Warworld exploding despite:

1) He isn't show trapped around warworld by the green lanterns.

2) He isn't wounded more than when he was fighting before the explosion.

3) The Dwarves of OA and several heroes are shown flying away before Warworld detonates and SBP is way faster than them...

People really create their own narrative when that suits them and this can be made positively or negatively for the characters involved that still the same thing, an outrageous lack of reading skills. thumb up

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 06:01 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

That's captain marvel Jr actually.

abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

No.

The brunt of the explosion happens in the first instant. Explosions get weaker as it expands. There is no 'complete' version of the explosion that he dodged. What he flew away from was the rubble from the explosion already having taken place.

CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It's always nice when the shit you post gets buried under pages of dick-measuring. thumb up

You would think telling people that it's not a discussion thread would be enough.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 06:04 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Not sure if any of you follow SW: Rebels, but Hera Syndulla just appeared in the 'Doctor Aphra" title:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Which is cool, because it means she is still alive between the events of ANH and ESB... Which means she survives Rebels.

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 21st, 2018 at 06:14 PM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 06:06 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by zopzop
Guys, look closely at the last panel on this page and pay attention to the narrator : "Other universes' Marvels" Shazam!

That’s a nice nod thumb up

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 06:06 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

...Which is cool, because it means she is still alive between the events of ANH and ESB.

That is interesting. Was thinking she would be killed at the end of the season. Sure not all of them get out unharmed

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 06:08 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by abhilegend
Because he isn't flying/escaping away from the planet. He is just flying away from the debris when the planet exploded, he was still on planet talking to the leader.

Unless you show us where he was flying away from the planet when it exploded, it makes no sense for him to suddenly escape in between a sentence.

What are you not getting? I am not saying he flew mid sentence.

What we do see is the process of the planet's destruction has not finished and he is already a safe distance. Cripes look at the third scan.

For comparison sakes...
This is staying still while the whole process is completed. After the dust has settled and or the debris has been dispersed.
https://imgur.com/a/cj7sP

https://imgur.com/a/rVNOZ#0

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...taraybill14.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/upload...taraybill15.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vyCOPPV.jpg

Again third scan.
https://www.turboimagehost.com/p/37...41-018.jpg.html

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Feb 21st, 2018 at 06:29 PM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 06:24 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Not sure if any of you follow SW: Rebels, but Hera Syndulla just appeared in the 'Doctor Aphra" title:
Which is cool, because it means she is still alive between the events of ANH and ESB... Which means she survives Rebels.

I follow it. And that's awesome! I assume you know about the Easter Egg in Rogue One where she's mentioned over one of the coms on a flagship, and where Chopper has a split-second cameo. The Ghost also appears for a moment in one of the space battles.

It's nice when cross-media creators consult one another and respect prior work in the universe *looks sternly at TLJ*

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 06:26 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

What are you not getting? I am not saying he flew mid sentence.

What we do see is the process of the planet's destruction has not finished and he is already a safe distance. Cripes look at the third scan.

So if he was flying away in between the explosion, why wasn't he shown flying away in the second scan?
quote:

For comparison sakes...
This is staying still while the whole process is completed. After the dust has settled and or the debris has been dispersed.
https://imgur.com/a/cj7sP

https://imgur.com/a/rVNOZ#0

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...taraybill14.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/upload...taraybill15.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vyCOPPV.jpg

So unless a Thor related character, it does not counts.

Right.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 06:29 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by -Pr-
You would think telling people that it's not a discussion thread would be enough.
They just can't help themselves, it seems.

Originally posted by Digi
I follow it. And that's awesome! I assume you know about the Easter Egg in Rogue One where she's mentioned over one of the coms on a flagship, and where Chopper has a split-second cameo. The Ghost also appears for a moment in one of the space battles.

It's nice when cross-media creators consult one another and respect prior work in the universe *looks sternly at TLJ*
thumb up

Filoni himself confirmed that she was being paged in the film, AND that she had been promoted to the rank of General by then.

The Doctor Aphra issue sticks to that. She's a General in the Rebellion who is training a full-fledged Rebel Academy... And as mentioned, because of the period this title is set in, we know that Hera WILL survive Rebels, Rogue One, and ANH at the very least. In fact, there have been hints that she survives through RotJ as well. big grin

Last edited by Galan007 on Feb 21st, 2018 at 06:36 PM

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 06:34 PM
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by zopzop

That was a nice little detail they through in.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 06:36 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

thumb up

Filoni himself confirmed that she was being paged in the film, AND that she had been promoted to the rank of General by then.

The Doctor Aphra issue sticks to that. She's a General in the Rebellion who is training a full-fledged Rebel Academy... And as mentioned, because of the period this title is set in, we know that Hera WILL survive Rebels, Rogue One, and ANH at the very least. In fact, there have been hints that she survives through RotJ as well. big grin

thumb up That's epic. How long do Twileks live? Hera and Freddie Prinze sauntering through Ep. IX would be the best thing the new trilogy's done so far. Rebels is currently solely responsible for my continuing SW fandom, which is otherwise on life support.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 06:41 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Damn. That was brutal.

A lot of confusing information though. We know why Thor is weaker now, but why is Odin weakened?

Also, how is Mangog so strong now? Why did Thor killing him last time only make him stronger? All of Asgard's armoury at their disposal and even Loki as Sorcerer Supreme wouldn't face him? They have the Twilight Sword, Odinsword, Casket of Ancient Winters etc. Pretty ridiculous.

The only thing that grated me is how he beat the Destroyer and Odin not wiping him away. But Odin being weakened and Mangog being more powerful than ever, that nothing else in their armoury can stop him, satisfied those contradictions. I just hope the explaination is better than the Whisper.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 06:48 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Digi
thumb up That's epic. How long do Twileks live? Hera and Freddie Prinze sauntering through Ep. IX would be the best thing the new trilogy's done so far. Rebels is currently solely responsible for my continuing SW fandom, which is otherwise on life support.
In Legends, Twi'leks had about the same lifespan as a human... But even if that still holds true in current canon, Hera could still easily be alive as of TLJ... She'd be about 10 years older than Luke/Leia.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 06:50 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Damn. That was brutal.

A lot of confusing information though. We know why Thor is weaker now, but why is Odin weakened?

Also, how is Mangog so strong now? Why did Thor killing him last time only make him stronger? All of Asgard's armoury at their disposal and even Loki as Sorcerer Supreme wouldn't face him? They have the Twilight Sword, Odinsword, Casket of Ancient Winters etc. Pretty ridiculous.

The only thing that grated me is how he beat the Destroyer and Odin not wiping him away. But Odin being weakened and Mangog being more powerful than ever, that nothing else in their armoury can stop him, satisfied those contradictions. I just hope the explaination is better than the Whisper.

Odin isn't weakened. It's just Mangog mocking him. Just like Odin saying Mangog isn't hitting as hard as usual and he barely felt his attacks doesn't means Mangog is weaker than usual.

And where is Thor weakened?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 06:54 PM
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

thumb up

god, that made me smile. To see one of the few Rebels characters that I care about still alive is genuinely heartwarming.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2018 06:59 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote