KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Maul vs Count Dooku

Darth Maul vs Count Dooku
Started by: braz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

Darth Maul vs Count Dooku

grreat fight...the battle between the two underdog apprentice's...both vader wannabe's stick out tongue who takes it?? before i wouldve said count because of his power with the force but now IMO maul would own count dooku...that fool has got some crazyass moves with that dualsaber of his and he's practiced and i think (if im not mistaken) mastered the art of juyo which combines the most unpredictable moves for ur opponent which only him and mace windu and two other jedi have mastered and combining that with his agility and martial arts skils with the dual saber i think darth maul would tear up count dooku evil face what yal think?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 03:46 AM
Click here to Send braz a Private Message Find more posts by braz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Are you kidding?

Count Dooku is far superior, not only with his great knowledge in the ways of the Force, but also his skill with a lightsaber. He is arguably the greatest swordsman of his time (though I believe he's below only Yoda and Sidious...).

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 03:53 AM
Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I think Maul is being overrated here. He was a great duelist and was able to take on a Jedi Master and his padawan at once and should have won. Had he lived and had more years under his belt he would have been an tour de force to deal with but he didn't. So Maul as is can't fight against the Count.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 03:55 AM
Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

w/e i dont kno much about star wars n yall probably do, but thats just my opinion..and still though, darth maul will always be way cooler than count:P

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 03:59 AM
Click here to Send braz a Private Message Find more posts by braz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Council#13
The Omega Male

no, the count is cooler and wins

"Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one." -Dr. Seuss

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 04:57 AM
Click here to Send Council#13 a Private Message Find more posts by Council#13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

quote: (post)
Originally posted by newjak86
I think Maul is being overrated here. He was a great duelist and was able to take on a Jedi Master and his padawan at once and should have won. Had he lived and had more years under his belt he would have been an tour de force to deal with but he didn't. So Maul as is can't fight against the Count.

Overrated???

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 12:26 PM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wally West
Fastest Man Alive

Dooku would win, but you're comparing someone of around 80 years training (under Yoda AND Sidious) and experience to someone with around 20+. If Maul had survived and lived through to Episode's 2 and 3, he'd of been even more powerful with another 10 years training under Sidious and it would be a much closer fight.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 01:29 PM
Click here to Send Wally West a Private Message Find more posts by Wally West Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kingkman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maul would have become more powerful than Dooku but he died before he reached his peak. His skill with a saber was great but nothing that special and he was quite average skilled in terms of force powers. He was only about 25 when he died and would probably become as powerful as Sidious. Dooku on the other hand was extremely strong with the force and very skilled with a saber. He was the strongest in his time apart from Windu, Yoda and Sidious.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 02:06 PM
Click here to Send kingkman a Private Message Find more posts by kingkman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, Count Dooku managed to defeat ROTS Obi-Wan - who is superior to TPM Obi-Wan - without much difficulty. Bearing that in mind, Maul had a hard time with TPM Obi-Wan, though the padawan was undeniably weaker than he was.

All in all, this goes to the Count. Now I'd say that Maul fairs a sporting chance and could last a few minutes, being quicker and stronger than Dooku himself. But the Count's experience and Force powers would be enough to give him the edge.

After a 2-3 minute duel, I'd say Dooku has this.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 02:25 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kingkman
Restricted

Account Restricted

It would probably only take half a minute. I don't think Maul would be able to block his lightning. Dooku would definitely own Maul at the level he was when he died but Maul at his peak would take Dooku.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 02:32 PM
Click here to Send kingkman a Private Message Find more posts by kingkman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

It doesn't take much to hold off Count Dooku's lightning. Just put the saber between you and it and viola (!) No problemo.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 02:39 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kingkman
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's not that simple. The lightning moves incredibly fast and is extremely hard to block (it requires a lot of strength to block).

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 02:46 PM
kingkman
Restricted

Account Restricted

In my opinion Maul was the best apprentice Sidious could have had. He was eventually loyal, evil, full of hate, strong, young and had great potential.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 03:05 PM
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by kingkman
It's not that simple. The lightning moves incredibly fast and is extremely hard to block (it requires a lot of strength to block).

Obi-Wan did it with perpetual ease. Granted, it requires quick reflexes - but few people this side of Coleman Trebor don't lack it. Maul is stronger still than ROTS Obi-Wan and is still quicker. He'd be able to do it, I'm afraid.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 03:06 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Maul had trouble dealing with two Jedi and Dooku toyed with two Jedi and still had time to duel Yoda. It's clear that Maul wouldn't defeat ATOC Obi-Wan since he had trouble with him when he was a Padawan and Dooku pwned him without trying even in ROTS when Obi-Wan was a Jedi Master.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 03:15 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kingkman
Restricted

Account Restricted

First of all I said probably, which is true as Maul was not that strong in the force in TPM and he is definitely not better than Obi Won in ROTS. Plus it is likely he was never trained by Sidious on how to do so as he was a sith lord and it wasn't as if a jedi was going to use it on him.

And secondly when i said, "It's not that simple. The lightning moves incredibly fast and is extremely hard to block (it requires a lot of strength to block)," it was in reply to when you said that it is quite simple to block lightning.

And thirdly it's voila, not viola.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 03:19 PM
kingkman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Shadow x 20
Maul had trouble dealing with two Jedi and Dooku toyed with two Jedi and still had time to duel Yoda. It's clear that Maul wouldn't defeat ATOC Obi-Wan since he had trouble with him when he was a Padawan and Dooku pwned him without trying even in ROTS when Obi-Wan was a Jedi Master.

Maul would actually probably take AOTC Obi Won though he would lose to ROTS Obi Won.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 03:21 PM
kamikz
A.I.M Mercenary

How can you be so sure that Maul would be better than Dooku at his prime? From what we know, Dooku could have been better than him at that age. Dooku has performed better force power (he seems to have a much higher potential than Maul will ever have) and better swordsman ship (has a better lightsaber style).

Necessity is the mother of inventions.
(Don't be a pig, get an Icejaw sig.)

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 03:44 PM
Click here to Send kamikz a Private Message Find more posts by kamikz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-kV-
[:::::{============)

I agree with kamikz. If Dooku could handle AOTC Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Yoda at almost the same time, he could crush Maul. Maul would put up a good fight, but after a minute he'll get himself sliced apart.

MASTER VOS

“I am Not Part of the Dark. Simply Deeper into the Shadows.”

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 04:00 PM
Click here to Send -kV- a Private Message Find more posts by -kV- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Originally posted by Master Vos
I agree with kamikz. If Dooku could handle AOTC Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Yoda at almost the same time, he could crush Maul. Maul would put up a good fight, but after a minute he'll get himself sliced apart.

MASTER VOS

“I am Not Part of the Dark. Simply Deeper into the Shadows.”
I agree with everyone who has a mind here. Maul is a fierce warrior but nowhere near a swordsmaster.

OVERLORD

"Ruler of teh universe. Able to freeze small creeks and electrocute threads"

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 04:21 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote