KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Maul vs Count Dooku

Darth Maul vs Count Dooku
Started by: braz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kingkman
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kamikz
How can you be so sure that Maul would be better than Dooku at his prime? From what we know, Dooku could have been better than him at that age. Dooku has performed better force power (he seems to have a much higher potential than Maul will ever have) and better swordsman ship (has a better lightsaber style).

Maul was only around 25 when he died. He had many years ahead of him for training and gaining experience. When Maul died he had just before actually completely outclassed Qui Gon and Obi Won and was unlucky to lose. He had the full package. He was fast and agile, strong, proficient with many forms of the saber and for his age relatively strong in the force.

Count Dooku had clearly reached his peak by AOTC. He would have lost to Yoda if he had not ran away and Maul would have probably been able to defeat Anakin and Obi Won just like Dooku.

If Maul had reached his peak he would have had much more experience under his belt, would have mastered his lightsaber forms and therefor be a much better swordsman (he would have probably learnt more forms from Sidious as-well), would have grown extremely strong in the force (probably surpassing Sidious and not far behind Yoda) and his force lightning would have been incredibly strong aswell (as he would have started learning the ability of force lightning at a much younger age than Dooku and would have had loads of time to master it (probably stronger than Sidious')), he would have also become much stronger and more agile as-well. Due to the fact that Vader was destined to destroy the Sith, Maul would have been Sidious' most powerful weapon.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 04:27 PM
Click here to Send kingkman a Private Message Find more posts by kingkman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by kingkman
First of all I said probably, which is true as Maul was not that strong in the force in TPM and he is definitely not better than Obi Won in ROTS. Plus it is likely he was never trained by Sidious on how to do so as he was a sith lord and it wasn't as if a jedi was going to use it on him.

And secondly when i said, "It's not that simple. The lightning moves incredibly fast and is extremely hard to block (it requires a lot of strength to block)," it was in reply to when you said that it is quite simple to block lightning.

And thirdly it's voila, not viola.

Firstly, I never said he was stronger in the Force (if you're addressing me).

Secondly, still, Maul could do it.

Thirdly, capitalize your I's.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 05:35 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Maul was only around 25 when he died. He had many years ahead of him for training and gaining experience. When Maul died he had just before actually completely outclassed Qui Gon and Obi Won and was unlucky to lose. He had the full package. He was fast and agile, strong, proficient with many forms of the saber and for his age relatively strong in the force.

Count Dooku had clearly reached his peak by AOTC. He would have lost to Yoda if he had not ran away and Maul would have probably been able to defeat Anakin and Obi Won just like Dooku.

If Maul had reached his peak he would have had much more experience under his belt, would have mastered his lightsaber forms and therefor be a much better swordsman (he would have probably learnt more forms from Sidious as-well), would have grown extremely strong in the force (probably surpassing Sidious and not far behind Yoda) and his force lightning would have been incredibly strong aswell (as he would have started learning the ability of force lightning at a much younger age than Dooku and would have had loads of time to master it (probably stronger than Sidious')), he would have also become much stronger and more agile as-well. Due to the fact that Vader was destined to destroy the Sith, Maul would have been Sidious' most powerful weapon.
Maul had a life full of training but so did everybody else. The fast, agile, strength arguments don't count in the universe of Star Wars. Just look at Yoda if you don't agree.

All your other points are biased rubbish and irrelevent.
Just see Maul as a strong knight and Dooku as master of a duelling style. There is no way Maul could win this if you were already implying that.

backwards, forwards, backwards, forwards

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 06:39 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kingkman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Jar Jar Binks is probably the character that you most resemble overlord being that you are a complete retard.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 06:46 PM
Click here to Send kingkman a Private Message Find more posts by kingkman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

Jar Jar Binks is probably the character that you most resemble overlord being that you are a complete retard.
Your illiterate and retarded attempts at insulting people who don't agree will not change facts.

You are probably nine years old. Go outside and ride your bicycle.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 06:49 PM
Click here to Send overlord a Private Message Find more posts by overlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kingkman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by overlord
Maul had a life full of training but so did everybody else. The fast, agile, strength arguments don't count in the universe of Star Wars. Just look at Yoda if you don't agree.

All your other points are biased rubbish and irrelevent.
Just see Maul as a strong knight and Dooku as master of a duelling style. There is no way Maul could win this if you were already implying that.

I was saying that Maul at his peak would be able to defeat Dooku so I think that goes to show my points are relevant you idiot. And how do the fast, agile, strength arguments not count in the Star Wars universe. I cannot even bother explaining something so simple to someone with the amount of intelligence you have.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 06:51 PM
kingkman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh now i'm 9 years old. Coming from the person who put "playing chess with Plo Koon" under his location.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 06:52 PM
kingkman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Your illiterate and retarded attempts at insulting people who don't agree will not change facts.

You are probably nine years old. Go outside and ride your bicycle.

I'm not insulting you because you don't agree with me. I didn't insult Escape or Kamitz and they didn't agree with me. I insulted you because you are a retard

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 06:55 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

Dude you see saying that Maul at his peak would beat Dooku is retarded. We do not know what Maul would be like at his peak and since his life was cut short his peak is in TPM.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 06:55 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
overlord
OD'd

I was saying that Maul at his peak would be able to defeat Dooku so I think that goes to show my points are relevant you idiot. And how do the fast, agile, strength arguments not count in the Star Wars universe. I cannot even bother explaining something so simple to someone with the amount of intelligence you have.
Read my last comment, your feeble attempts at insulting me won't make you right.

Look at Yoda who is supposed to be dead but fights more agile and fast Maul could ever hope of. Dooku's knowledge of defense and offense are way out of Maul's league.

And if you meant that Maul at some peak would be the absolute shit it would be irrelevant to the thread, but I doubt his force potential would already be impressive. But you didn't have to get angry because I didn't say "if you were already implying that" at the end of my post for nothing.

Be more observant before you launch into paranoia like a rocket.

Last edited by overlord on Dec 22nd, 2005 at 07:00 PM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 06:58 PM
kingkman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Shadow x 20
Dude you see saying that Maul at his peak would beat Dooku is retarded. We do not know what Maul would be like at his peak and since his life was cut short his peak is in TPM.

I said peak if he had not died. Why do you think it is retarded. Is it because i have an opinion on the subject. It may be an assumption but it is an accurate one. Don't start an argument that you know you can't win.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 07:00 PM
kingkman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Read my last comment, your feeble attempts at insulting me won't make you right.

Look at Yoda who is supposed to be dead but fights more agile and fast Maul could ever hope of. Dooku's knowledge of defense and offense are way out of Maul's league.

And if you meant that Maul at some peak would be the absolute shit it would be irrelevant to the thread, but I doubt his force potential would already be impressive. But you didn't have to get angry because I didn't say "if you were already implying that" at the end of my post for nothing.

Be more observant before you launch into paranoia like a rocket.

Dude can you speak clearer i can't understand you. You know you and SuperShadow are very much alike. You're both full of crap. Yoda is only fast due to augmenting his speed with the force. It wastes a lot of Force energy and Yoda is not naturally fast but the force enables him to be. Nobody relies on the force as much as Yoda does. Maul's full potential is not that relevant. I know that. I only said one thing about it and then you all started arguing against it.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 07:06 PM
overlord
OD'd

I said peak if he had not died. Why do you think it is retarded. Is it because i have an opinion on the subject. It may be an assumption but it is an accurate one. Don't start an argument that you know you can't win.
Yeah and I said "if you were already implying that" because in case you weren't then I would have only responded to the thread in question so hold on your horses paranoid android.
Oh now i'm 9 years old. Coming from the person who put "playing chess with Plo Koon" under his location.
Hahaha, you think I mean that seriously?
I'm not insulting you because you don't agree with me. I didn't insult Escape or Kamitz and they didn't agree with me. I insulted you because you are a retard
Don't make up excuses if you know you are wrong. Be a man and face reality.
And saying I am a retard while you see everything as a big insult is pretty hypocrite.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 07:06 PM
overlord
OD'd

Dude can you speak clearer i can't understand you. You know you and SuperShadow are very much alike. You're both full of crap. Yoda is only fast due to augmenting his speed with the force. It wastes a lot of Force energy and Yoda is not naturally fast but the force enables him to be. Nobody relies on the force as much as Yoda does. Maul's full potential is not that relevant. I know that. I only said one thing about it and then you all started arguing against it.
If you keep trying to insult me and are not able to argue in a forum then I suggest you log off immediately.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 07:08 PM
ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I have already won that argument because you are assuming what Maul would be like. You can only go based on what you know.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 07:09 PM
Click here to Send ESB -1138 a Private Message Find more posts by ESB -1138 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gideon
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maul loses. There's nothing to indicate he can win.

PS: Overlord, it's you're illiterate. You see, 'you're' is a contraction for you are. Lmao.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 07:10 PM
Click here to Send Gideon a Private Message Find more posts by Gideon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kingkman
Restricted

Account Restricted

No you haven't because you are assuming that Maul would not become stronger than Dooku. For the record I said that Dooku would own Maul from TPM.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 07:11 PM
overlord
OD'd

Originally posted by Escape81
Maul loses. There's nothing to indicate he can win.

PS: Overlord, it's you're illiterate. You see, 'you're' is a contraction for you are. Lmao.
Wow, you've finally won. Go celebrate.
No you haven't because you are assuming that Maul would not become stronger than Dooku. For the record I said that Dooku would own Maul from TPM.
That's good. Thread + problem solved.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2005 07:14 PM
kingkman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Look Overlord listening to you argue is like watching a crippled man run the marathon.

ESB -1138
Sonic Speed

I never said that. Maul was killed and thus you can only go on by TPM for that's when Maul was at his best. Maul showed no signs of being powerful in the force.
He killed Qui-Gon with his skills in a lightsaber, not the force.
He used the force to push Obi-Wan into the hole and force push is a basic move for Jedi/Sith. That's basically all we seen him do.