KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » Kratos vs Dante

Kratos vs Dante
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Kratos 29 40.85%
Dante 41 57.75%
Draw 1 1.41%
Total: 71 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kratos vs Dante
Started by: soujaboy09

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (17): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
CosmicComet

iChaos, I recommend you not interjecting at all. You know absolutely nothing.

And read carefully moron. I said Atropos COULD NOT cut him. And no, everything I posted is canon unavoidable cutscenes/qtes or leads to them. Again, please don't post--Once again, you are a moron.

Last edited by CosmicComet on Mar 20th, 2010 at 02:34 AM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 02:27 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iChaos
The Embodiment of Chaos

Lol, is that suppost to offend me? Gameplay ftw! I don't how he could get cut, anyway, but meh. Either stop bitching and moaning, or leave.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 03:00 AM
iChaos is currently offline Click here to Send iChaos a Private Message Find more posts by iChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

quote: (post)
Originally posted by iChaos
Hermes faster than Dante? Lol.

At the very least, he is at Dante's level of speed as he somewhat repeats Dante's best speed feat.
Dante trumps him when it comes to number of feats obviously, but quality > quantity.

I mean, Yamato cuts holes thru dimentions, and I don't see how Kratos ISN'T gonna get cut.

Same way Dante never got cut when Vergil used Yamato against him, block the sword with a powerful weapon, move out of the way (which he can easily do with the Boots of Hermes), etc no expression.

I don't see how he could survive getting his mind, soul, body, and soul attacked.

Kratos resisted psychological torture from Ares (the entire clone battle took place in Kratos' mind). Granted, he somewhat lost his will afterwards, but with his 'RAWR' reaching new heights in 2-3, he'd be more resistant me thinks.

He also resisted the 'soul grasp' of Hades himself.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 03:32 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iChaos
The Embodiment of Chaos

Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
At the very least, he is at Dante's level of speed as he somewhat repeats Dante's best speed feat.
Dante trumps him when it comes to number of feats obviously, but quality > quantity.

Same way Dante never got cut when Vergil used Yamato against him, block the sword with a powerful weapon, move out of the way (which he can easily do with the Boots of Hermes), etc no expression.

Kratos resisted psychological torture from Ares (the entire clone battle took place in Kratos' mind). Granted, he somewhat lost his will afterwards, but with his 'RAWR' reaching new heights in 2-3, he'd be more resistant me thinks.

He also resisted the 'soul grasp' of Hades himself.

Fair enough, then.

He didn't exactly "resist," did he?

I don't know if I would call that "getting your soul attacked" or not. Still a great feat, nevertheless.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 03:51 AM
iChaos is currently offline Click here to Send iChaos a Private Message Find more posts by iChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Demonic Phoenix

Fair enough, then.

He didn't exactly "resist," did he?

I don't know if I would call that "getting your soul attacked" or not. Still a great feat, nevertheless.

True, but he didn't exactly fall for it either. He was weakened yes, but he quickly recovered.

Even if he is singularly focused on vengeance, you must admit, that sort of blind rage strengthens a person's willpower, which in turn would make him more resistant to mental attacks.

Why not? Hades was pulling his soul out erm. If he had succeeded, Kratos would be Hades' captive.

"To all visitors from Transylvania looking for the head of Voivode Dracula: Yes, we have it. Yes, he's dead. No, you cannot see it. No, he will not return and invade you again. It has been over thirty years, please stop pestering us."

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 03:56 AM
Demonic Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Demonic Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Demonic Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FWahMaN
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well now that GoWIII is here, Kratos will prove to Dante that he can rip up some ass. I think Dante has the most effective abilities though.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 01:18 PM
FWahMaN is currently offline Click here to Send FWahMaN a Private Message Find more posts by FWahMaN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin_Volvagia

Dante's sword has magical power and his guns shoot magic bullets. They're more lethal than your common weapons.

sig by ScreamPaste

Old Post Mar 20th, 2010 01:21 PM
Sin_Volvagia is currently offline Click here to Send Sin_Volvagia a Private Message Find more posts by Sin_Volvagia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Catanorr

Just look at the facts...

Hmm.... Dante in long range battle. Kratos in short range.

Last edited by Catanorr on Mar 26th, 2010 at 04:54 AM

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 04:50 AM
Catanorr is currently offline Click here to Send Catanorr a Private Message Find more posts by Catanorr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sappho
Self-Made

kratos.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 06:58 AM
Sappho is currently offline Click here to Send Sappho a Private Message Find more posts by Sappho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

The ladyboy probably takes this.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 02:12 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Burning thought
Restricted

Account Restricted

PSI on a sword edge could probably end Kratos, although he has taken vast blunt punishment from Titans and his strength would turn Dante to mush.

Old Post Mar 26th, 2010 02:35 PM
Burning thought is currently offline Click here to Send Burning thought a Private Message Find more posts by Burning thought Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Kratos just edges out Dante in the pure raw strength area, but accuracy, speed & agility are Dante's by a fair margin, technique is probably also Dante's.

However, Kratos' magical talents do egde out Dante's devil powers as well... Hmm... Close call...

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Mar 27th, 2010 02:29 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XanatosForever
Steward of RP

So has GoWIII been taken into account in this matchup yet or not? And yes, I'm a 'tard for asking and not just reading back a few pages. stick out tongue

-"You have the best problems, Scenario. You really do. haermm"

Old Post May 17th, 2010 04:07 AM
XanatosForever is currently offline Click here to Send XanatosForever a Private Message Find more posts by XanatosForever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by XanatosForever
So has GoWIII been taken into account in this matchup yet or not? And yes, I'm a 'tard for asking and not just reading back a few pages. stick out tongue

Basically, with smart usage of time stopping (such as stabbing Kratos in the eyes) with Quicksilver, Dante wins most of the time.

Without it, Kratos wins a very healthy majority. Due in part to massive physical advantages in strength and durability.

Old Post May 17th, 2010 04:48 AM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
I_Cheat_U_LOSE
Sucks 2 Be U

After reading a few of the post, the debaters who analysis the strength, speed, endurance, etc of both Kratos and Dante have a better argument than the Dante fanboys.

The Dante fanboys just brush of Kratos' feats an nothing special and do not give credit to Kratos while its do. While the debaters who analysis the abilities and feats of both Kratos and Dante give credit to both Kratos and Dante where its do, and therefore have a better and less bias argument.

If you want your statements to sound creditable then don't just support one character in every possible angle (speed, strength, combat skills, magic, etc) otherwise your basically claiming its spite thread, and therefore sound fanboyish.

Give credit to both characters where its due and be more analytical of the characters' strengths and weakness. Be less critical and skeptical of the opposing character's feats and abilities.

Analyzing and elaborating a character's ability or feat > criticizing an ability or feat posted by another user as un-significant.

Old Post May 17th, 2010 08:39 AM
I_Cheat_U_LOSE is currently offline Find more posts by I_Cheat_U_LOSE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

Dante doesn't even need QS or any of his time powers to be marginal faster then anything Kratos has dealt with. He's also strong enough to hurt Kratos, though not on Kratos' level his strength plus gauntlets that can make hits hits several times stronger (Strength increase is in the double digits area) with a sword in hand especially if that sword is Yamato, obviously DT adds to all this. Defiantly going to hurt Kratos, more if you add in his speed to those hits.

For and idea of how it may turn out: Imagine the Hermes boss fight except that Hermes isnt injured, doesn't get tired every 10 seconds but instead regenerates health, is faster, more agile and skilled, high level fighting skill, many many times stronger and has a blade.

Oh, and the battle animations, that several people have told me are counted as legit here, have the Centaur impaling Kratos. Thought id just place that here.

"Gonna need more chloroform..."

"If you look down on us, judge us, condemn us... then you shall fear us!"

Old Post May 17th, 2010 12:20 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

^No. Especially the last part. Who the hell told you that a gameplay element (centaur impaling you) is canon?

Old Post May 17th, 2010 02:43 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

No? Yes. Not that specific centaur part but all scripted animations like that (eg Kains teleporting, DLink jumping on a sword etc) are counted. Least thats what ive been told.

Old Post May 17th, 2010 02:48 PM
BloodRain is currently offline Click here to Send BloodRain a Private Message Find more posts by BloodRain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

What 'specific centaur part'? There isn't a 'specific centaur part'.

It's an enemy attack. As in not a cutscene. As in its avoidable. As in its a gameplay element. As in its not canon.

Kratos has already tanked worse in canon cutscenes.

I don't have time to get into why Kratos would win handily without time stopping as I'm in class, but he does.

Old Post May 17th, 2010 02:52 PM
BloodRain
Knight of Retribution

As in the general set animations. DLink jumping on the sword is avoidable too but still taken in as a set animation that is in the characters capability.

..the hell you on here in class ._. as proven in another thread Dante's speed can make it look like he used QS, and in his weakest from. Dante's base is strong enough and can be upped by Gilgamesh thats makes him a large degree stronger, DT and Yamato that's main skill is cutting and is really good at it.

Old Post May 17th, 2010 03:51 PM