KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S ANNUAL CHRISTMAS-ISH RP TRIVIA QUIZ! All rejoice...

USH'S ANNUAL CHRISTMAS-ISH RP TRIVIA QUIZ! All rejoice...
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lord Melkor

Ush, is the hint Gallador`s backstory, or something that happened in game?

Gallador`s Master died killed by Dark Jedi in a mess that involved some slavers, but Gallador killed the renegade.... Or not?

Yet the lies that Melkor, the mighty and accursed, Morgoth Bauglir, the Power of Terror and of Hate, sowed in the hearts of Elves and Men are a seed that does not die and cannot be destroyed; and ever and anon it sprouts anew, and will bear dark fruit even unto the latest days.

"… his name is Melkor, Lord of All, Giver of Freedeom, and he shall make you stronger than they."
Sauron to Ar-Pharazôn

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 07:59 PM
Lord Melkor is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Melkor a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Melkor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

As far as I know, yes he did. It's not a major link for you.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 08:00 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I skimmed through trying to find those links with Sienar...I never did find anything, but I didn't really look too hard, either. Maybe I'll go hunting for that again.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 10:20 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Zink
Bane

If you try to search the name Kalik, Arms Race pops up as well...

Old Post Dec 29th, 2005 10:28 PM
General Zink is currently offline Click here to Send General Zink a Private Message Find more posts by General Zink Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Rex has pretty much spotted the important part, which is why the term appears in Arms Race.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 30th, 2005 12:04 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

So it does have something to do with Scovione?

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 01:25 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

That's all part of the link, yes.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 11:41 AM
REXXXX
Networking

I couldn't find the name 'Kalik' in that thread. I'll probably check a few more times.

Old Post Dec 31st, 2005 08:03 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Well, you guys are probably looking for more than is there.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 11:29 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Knowing us...I somehow don't doubt that.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 12:06 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, let's get you guys somse help on the unanswered ones here.

B5- actor for the Elder on Zeiton. Some may remember me mentioning in the past that this role was taken from a film. In fact, the whole film has a fair basis for the set-up of Zeiton, so to narrow things down I will pose this as if it were an 'identify the film source' question.

"Landing on a mysterious planet devastated by war, our hero(es) find that they are hated and loathed on sight by the surprisingly evolved and sophisticated inhabitants. Quickly they find themselves sentenced to death just for being who they are. But there are others who see them as as fascinating links to the past. There is continual friction with the senior scientific mind on the planet, who warns that discovering the truth will only bring pain to all- and he is right."

B9- actor for Melkus Doon. BB should be able to find this out pretty easily- he found the episode his character base comes from.

B10- actor for Argentis. When I said 'dead' I mean the actor, not Argentis (who is also dead). Second clue/link- he was in a Lucasfilm film, in a notceable (though not huge) role. So young, good looking, athletic actor, been in a Lucasfilm film, and now dead. You should be able to get it.

C1- Ok, to re-phrase this question now... Doon needed patsies to wipe out the leadership of the Serpent for him. But- aside from the fact he needed someone good enough to do it- why did he take the risk of trying to use Dark Siders?

C2- no answer to this one yet? It's an important Light Side plot. What was the Union up to in the first story arc (Episodes I and II) of the second campaign? Remember that this is in a post-TPM environment, and is part of the plot that leads to things being as they are by the start of AOTC.

D4- Aw c'mon! I thought that was the easiest! I guarantee that more of you have seen this film than In the Name of the Rose.

Ok, reminder- it is the film that provided the base plot for Spiridos- in fact, it is the first 25 minutes or so of the film only. It involves a health centre, attempts to kill the hero, murderous patrons (male and female) and dead people apparently also walking around alive and well.

I suspect people might be thinking too obscure; this is from one of the most famous franchises in history. The film is old, but is famous like all in the franchise.

E1- It will be interesting if people can get this one. To repeat the situation- Malcolm MacDowell plays Kir Ascar instead of the man who SHOULD be playing him. The challenge is to find the source of Ascar, and state why the actor was changed. Actually just doing it that way might be very hard indeed- easier for people in the UK (the source is a tv programme).

But I'll ask this basic point again- what reason can I possibly have for taking a source for a fictional character and then changing the actor? There is really only one reason that makes sense. Once you suss that, you can guess at the original actor, and then backtrack his work to find the source.

F. I am sure someone can have a go at this. Just TRY and put them in order. I'll give you a clue- the first one written was Episode I of Campaign I. Try and work it out from there...

G.

1. I actually can't remember if this was revealed yet or not. I must be getting old. Anyway, yes, there is a definitive event that caused Matadan to fall from power, and it is there to be discovered if you want. It's not staggeringly relevant but it does help you build a picture.

2. What turned Gonderkorro into a ghost world? I said it was an old friend, meaning an old enemy... actually, it's more of a collection of enemies, and they've only bugged one half of the equation before now...

3. Scary deputies? Seriously, no-one would dare commit crimes with these deputies around, though 'due process' might be a foreign concept.

4. Sienar not a Sith Lord? Well... he would find Vader's raison d'etre hysterical, for a start.

5. Why didn't the Jedi kill Sienar given the chance? No, I'm not messing around here. You're too weak. He'll tell you himself.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 11:33 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

But for everyone's favourite question...

E5. Sienar in this storyline in earlier times.

Well now. You might want to consider:

What was found on one of the assassins on Coruscant in 'Conspiracy'

Scovione's conversation with a convalescent Gundark in 'Arms Race'.

What happened to Vataan- something that seems to have been forgotten. It is the reason why Gallador's visions of that place seem unreal, as if they have no source any more. That sort of disruption causes great ripples in the Force- as Gundark felt once more at the start of 'Zeiton'.

The type of people Gallador was fighting in one of his other visions at the time...

... and what Sienar is up to these days.

BtVS

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 11:38 AM
Peach
mordrem

quote:
B5- actor for the Elder on Zeiton. Some may remember me mentioning in the past that this role was taken from a film. In fact, the whole film has a fair basis for the set-up of Zeiton, so to narrow things down I will pose this as if it were an 'identify the film source' question.

"Landing on a mysterious planet devastated by war, our hero(es) find that they are hated and loathed on sight by the surprisingly evolved and sophisticated inhabitants. Quickly they find themselves sentenced to death just for being who they are. But there are others who see them as as fascinating links to the past. There is continual friction with the senior scientific mind on the planet, who warns that discovering the truth will only bring pain to all- and he is right."

I think I know that one...I just can't recall the name for anything!

quote:
B9- actor for Melkus Doon. BB should be able to find this out pretty easily- he found the episode his character base comes from.

I know where that's from, so I think I should be able to get it....

(runs off to look stuff up)

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 06:21 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Oh god... I'm stupid..
"This Ain't no Planet of the Apes!!"
*Dances to MSI and Answer*

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 10:17 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

laughing out loud

BTW, after searching, I found B9....as I remember, Doon was based off of Dorian from Blake's 7, who was played by Geoffrey Burridge.

(that took me FOREVER to find)

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 10:23 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

And Since its been a while since I've seen that movie...
The actor playing the elder would be James Whitmore?

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 10:23 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

G3:
Their ghosts??

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 10:26 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Is D4 Bond? You only Live Twice?

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 10:27 PM
Peach
mordrem

I dunno, though I know it's Bond....I don't like the movies and therefore have seen nearly none of them, though.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 10:28 PM
Peach
mordrem

quote:
B10- actor for Argentis. When I said 'dead' I mean the actor, not Argentis (who is also dead). Second clue/link- he was in a Lucasfilm film, in a notceable (though not huge) role. So young, good looking, athletic actor, been in a Lucasfilm film, and now dead. You should be able to get it.

Think I got this....River Phoenix, who was in one of the Indiana Jones movies.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2006 10:47 PM