KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Day of vengeance

Day of vengeance
Started by: thesilverspider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

See. We might actually be getting somewhere now. This is how it should be. Why get defensive and take it personally when someone disagrees with your viewpoints? If everyone agreed and said nothing for fear of upsetting anyone then we'd never find anything out. Plus this forum would be boring as hell anyway.

If id just said nope thats not right and left it at that then you might have had a point, but i disagreed and gave legitimate reasons why, thereby sparking off a debate on the issue. You cant take offence to a person doing that. Its what happens on forums, its an integral part of them.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 03:32 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Sandman is in continuity. Anyone remember the issue where Dream met Martian Manhunter?

I liked it.
Yep, its been pointed out multiple times, as well as them having a multitude of other DC characters.. in fact, 2 posts above yours is me quoting someone about these from a page back.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 03:35 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Vertigo book; Sandman has shown Martian Manhunter, Dr. Destiny, The Demon Etirgan, Batman, Mr Miracle...
Vertigo book; Books of Magic had Timothy Hunter being shown the DC universe through and through by Phantom Stranger, Constantine, Mr E, and Dr Occult.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 03:38 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Nah thats cool. I dont see any reason at this point in time to doubt that its part of continuity then. Theres one thing thats puzzling me. How is Spectre still operational if Yahweh is gone or do you think these events are happening at different points in time. i.e IC is before the recent events in Lucifer. Theres noo way Yahweh handing everything over to Elaine isnt going to affect Spectre.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 04:07 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

that is 1 of the many points i've thought about as well, in Vergito Hellblazer at the same time everyone left hell we see The First of the Fallen in hell with a bunch of demons and everyone talking to him, this points to Lucifer not being in DC/Vertigo Continuity. Lucifer as a whole book has been done and written for many many years way before IC. If a Vertigo based comic such as Hellblazer isn't following Lucifer's story then that brings in doubt it is really in DC/Vertigo Continuity. Lucifer could still be a stand alone like Preacher or be in a class all in its own something like Preacher but still in DC/Vergito Continuity...

The Word

Last edited by kevdude on Jan 11th, 2006 at 06:34 PM

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 06:30 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by kevdude
Ther Hate when ppl act like they have something to prove. no not good GS.

Don't you just hate when people criticise, over their own insecurities ?

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 06:35 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

I'm pretty sure that the First of the Fallen isn't supposed to be Lucifer; he was in Hell before Lucifer fell, hense the "First."

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 06:37 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Ahhhh thanks for the reminder!! But then does that then translate into Lucifer being continuity. Is Lucifer based on the character who appeared in Sandman or is it actually the same one? Hmmmm

You know he is !!!!!!!!!!! ?

G.S. you're going about this all the wrong way ....

I agree with you, but not because Vertigo's present Lucifer is a parody of Gaiman's, but because the too have nothing to do with each other in continuity !!!!!!!!!!

How do we know that the DCU and the vertigo universe are written during the same time scale ? For all we know the events in Lucifer's universe are happening 5 billion years into the future of the D.C. universe ....

The point is there is no continuity between the two, and therefore the events happening in vertigo have no baring on the DCU and vice versa !!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 06:46 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
You know he is !!!!!!!!!!! ?

G.S. you're going about this all the wrong way ....

I agree with you, but not because Vertigo's present Lucifer is a parody of Gaiman's, but because the too have nothing to do with each other in continuity !!!!!!!!!!

How do we know that the DCU and the vertigo universe are written during the same time scale ? For all we know the events in Lucifer's universe are happening 5 billion years into the future of the D.C. universe ....

The point is there is no continuity between the two, and therefore the events happening in vertigo have no baring on the DCU and vice versa !!!!!!!!!!!!

I appologise for not reading the last page .... my bad !!!!!!!!

Old Post Jan 11th, 2006 06:48 PM
kevdude
The Hooded Man

gregory i know "The First" isn't Lucifer, thats not what I'm talking about. anyway something else very interesting that nobody else has noticed in Lucifer yet, in Lucifer Exodus (issues 42-49 somewhere) it shows him talking about the war in heaven thats going to take place, we all know that war happened as we see here lately. the point is what he named it, he named it Ragnarok which many people believe the Old Gods before New Genesis and Apokolips was from. hmmmm if anyone reads up on it you would prob be suprised by how much the Lucifer comic book has taken from the real world Norse religion.

The Word

Last edited by kevdude on Jan 12th, 2006 at 09:27 AM

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 09:23 AM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

When I posted al those other dimentions before, I meant that yahwehs creation was composed of all of those listed INCLUDING the precrisis multiverse and the postcrisis universe.

Originally posted by Juntai
Vertigo book; Sandman has shown Martian Manhunter, Dr. Destiny, The Demon Etirgan, Batman, Mr Miracle...
Vertigo book; Books of Magic had Timothy Hunter being shown the DC universe through and through by Phantom Stranger, Constantine, Mr E, and Dr Occult.
Dont forget superman featured in the sandman as well (and im not sure about batman, but i think he was there). Also, zatanna featured heavily in one of the books of magic, as well as dr occult, phanton stranger, constantine and others who are all part of mainstream DC.
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Nah thats cool. I dont see any reason at this point in time to doubt that its part of continuity then. Theres one thing thats puzzling me. How is Spectre still operational if Yahweh is gone or do you think these events are happening at different points in time. i.e IC is before the recent events in Lucifer. Theres noo way Yahweh handing everything over to Elaine isnt going to affect Spectre.

I wouldn't mind seing elaine taking yahweh's place, but she messed up her own creation, and i think it would be a bit naive to think she could do a better job in the DCU.
About spectre's power, I have thought about that as well, and i came up with 4 theories:
1. Spectre is being powered by the prescence or the source who is 'filling in' for yahweh.
2. Spectre is being powered by elaine or lucifer or some other godlike being.
3. Spectre still has the power of the green glow energy from when he was merged with hal jordan (the parallax/hal/spectre trio had its power before they were split, and neither hal nor parallax had such innate power afterwards)
4. Spectre is being retconned again to revert back to his demonic origin, and has his own power once again in his original form (where he was origininally either a demon or an angel or something like that, and was turned into the spectre for not taking to battle during the first war in heaven).
Originally posted by Gregory
I'm pretty sure that the First of the Fallen isn't supposed to be Lucifer; he was in Hell before Lucifer fell, hense the "First."
The first of the fallen isnt lucifer. he is more like the opposite of the prescence (the dark evil aspect of the prescence)

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 10:49 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Juntai

The Sandman (The same one BTW) showed up in the last edition of J.S.A Morpheus/Dream took Hector Hall's soul into the dream realm !

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 01:08 PM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Do you think her mixing creations has anything to do with the theorized end of Wildstorm U, and possible addition of some of its better characters into mainstream DCU?

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 01:44 PM
eleveninches
God of my own world

the wildstorm universe will (IMO) just be retconned to be a part of the new post-IC multiverse (yahweh's creation).

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 04:59 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

I don't think so or at least I hope not. That'd be pretty lame.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2006 06:49 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote