KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Day of vengeance

Day of vengeance
Started by: thesilverspider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Gender: Male
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King_Mungi
He hasn't offically appeared yet, just a kid found the blue scrab


JESUS CHRIST, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE?

*cough*

Having a character use the same name as a dead super hero, without actually being that hero, is just a cheap way to try to cash in on his popularity. This kind of bullsh*t is why I've pretty much stopped reading superhero comics.


__________________
"Men curse the Communist Party, but eventually it may release them. If hell were endless, then God would be worse than our Secret Police."--Pastor Valentin

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 07:58 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Gender: Male
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by long pig
Since Black Alice with Spectre's power could effect Spectre who was basically in astral form, doesn't that mean Spectre can't effect someone in astral form either?
He is able to.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2006 11:12 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psycho Ninja
Holy Vigilante

Gender: Male
Location: Heaven

hell yeah he is


__________________

PSYCHO !!

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 04:22 AM
Psycho Ninja is currently offline Click here to Send Psycho Ninja a Private Message Find more posts by Psycho Ninja Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Gender: Male
Location: Down Under

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Juntai
He is able to.
Why is he able to when she couldn't? Better control? Knows what he's doing?


__________________


[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 04:33 AM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Gender: Male
Location: Ohio

So what is the 'Great Force' in the middle of the Universe doing all sorts of stuff to it? Imperiex Prime??? or is it God??? also when did God somehow step in and fix Spectre?? I haven't read that yet.


__________________

The Word

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 04:49 AM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Gender: Male
Location: Ohio

big grin Oh never mind about the Spectre thing. I gotta run over to the comic shop later today to pick up Day of Vengaence. I'm still wondering why Michael wasn't the 1 that put Spectre in line, since he usually does it. Maybe he really is dead since it was show in Lucifer that he died.

Also about Lucifer, i'm wondering if anyone has heard of this. I read on another forums pages about comics that while COIE was happening Lucifer only talked about it 1 time, he said "the worlds may be ending, but its not MY world", sorta leading ppl to think the Vertigo Universe is separate from the DCU, but still somehow connected. Also since God has supposedly left the Vertigo Universe but we see God in the DC Universe (that's whats been said, i have not read it yet so i'll get it soon enough).

Also i've been wondering, would anyone like to see a Michael comic book out, do we see enough of him in Spectre and Lucifer??? would it be as popular as a Spectre comic or Lucifer comic???? I know he's dead but God could always bring him back.


__________________

The Word

Last edited by kevdude on Jan 10th, 2006 at 08:13 AM

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 08:09 AM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Gender: Male
Location:

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Why is he able to when she couldn't? Better control? Knows what he's doing?
Probably.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 01:50 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Gender: Male
Location: Here

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kevdude
big grin Oh never mind about the Spectre thing. I gotta run over to the comic shop later today to pick up Day of Vengaence. I'm still wondering why Michael wasn't the 1 that put Spectre in line, since he usually does it. Maybe he really is dead since it was show in Lucifer that he died.

Also about Lucifer, i'm wondering if anyone has heard of this. I read on another forums pages about comics that while COIE was happening Lucifer only talked about it 1 time, he said "the worlds may be ending, but its not MY world", sorta leading ppl to think the Vertigo Universe is separate from the DCU, but still somehow connected. Also since God has supposedly left the Vertigo Universe but we see God in the DC Universe (that's whats been said, i have not read it yet so i'll get it soon enough).

Also i've been wondering, would anyone like to see a Michael comic book out, do we see enough of him in Spectre and Lucifer??? would it be as popular as a Spectre comic or Lucifer comic???? I know he's dead but God could always bring him back.
Lucifer was referring to his creation which exists outside of yahweh's creation and seperate to elaine's creation.
'god' has left the DCU. That is the yahweh aspect of the DC god, but the prescence and the source are still there, so it's a part of god. THe 'higher power' probably referrs to elaine ot the prescence.
and btw, archangel michael is dead.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 03:14 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by eleveninches
Lucifer was referring to his creation which exists outside of yahweh's creation and seperate to elaine's creation.
'god' has left the DCU. That is the yahweh aspect of the DC god, but the prescence and the source are still there, so it's a part of god. THe 'higher power' probably referrs to elaine ot the prescence.
and btw, archangel michael is dead.


Vertigo isnt part of main DC continuity so none of this is right.

You have no evidence to say Yahweh is an aspect of the DC God thats unsupported anywhere. In Vertigo Yahweh is the supreme being and the Presence and Source and so on are aspects of it.

Theres been nothing to indicate what youre claiming. If you believe there is then feel free to direct me to the appropriate issue.


__________________

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 03:52 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Gender: Male
Location: Ohio

Most of the Veftigo books are in DC continuity, but I know Preacher isn't, not to sure if Lucifer is a stand alone book as well, but since we have seen The Source in it, that points to it being a part of DC continuity. When Lucifer said that about his world he said it when ther was no Lucifer creation! the Crisis happened in 1985 which he talked about it in 1986 (from what i've heard anyway) and he never had his own universe in 1986.

the Lords of Order and Chaos was working together to bring God around so he could somehow get Spectre under control, this could point to any number of things as God never leaving the DCU because the Lords never acted like it even happened, DCU and VU could be separate but still connected in a way somehow, Lucifer could be a stand alone book but seeing that it's the same as Sandman Lucifer its then in DC Continuity, God shown could have been Elaine getting Spectre under control since she is now the God as shown in Lucifer.

Until we see Michael in DC we really don't know if hes dead or not, or unless Spectre or someone else in DC Heaven talks about his death.


__________________

The Word

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 05:30 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kevdude
Most of the Veftigo books are in DC continuity, but I know Preacher isn't, not to sure if Lucifer is a stand alone book as well, but since we have seen The Source in it, that points to it being a part of DC continuity. When Lucifer said that about his world he said it when ther was no Lucifer creation! the Crisis happened in 1985 which he talked about it in 1986 (from what i've heard anyway) and he never had his own universe in 1986.

the Lords of Order and Chaos was working together to bring God around so he could somehow get Spectre under control, this could point to any number of things as God never leaving the DCU because the Lords never acted like it even happened, DCU and VU could be separate but still connected in a way somehow, Lucifer could be a stand alone book but seeing that it's the same as Sandman Lucifer its then in DC Continuity, God shown could have been Elaine getting Spectre under control since she is now the God as shown in Lucifer.

Until we see Michael in DC we really don't know if hes dead or not, or unless Spectre or someone else in DC Heaven talks about his death.


All speculation and still no conclusive evidence for you to treat it as the truth in debate.

Have you though that Lucifer could have been referring to hell?

Theres no evidence whatsoever to claim that the Lucifer title is part of the Dc continuity. Not once has a multiverse been mentioned in the title (Obviously theres one now with Lucifer and Elaines own recently made creations), Crisis on Infinite Earths hasnt been referred to once and nor has the more recent Infinite Crisis which could hardly be ignored. None of the DC heroes have been featured in the title and Gods absence and the subsequent affects of that as shown in Lucifer hasnt been referred to at all in any DC title. It all points to them being seperate in terms of continuity just like Marvel and Maxx. Until its conclusively stated to be the case you cant claim it so.


__________________

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 06:06 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: Flying the fanboy flag

Wouldn't a DC character starring in a Vertigo title show a connection?


__________________


Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 07:43 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Ion
Wouldn't a DC character starring in a Vertigo title show a connection?


Not if they didnt have the same history or did different things. While they may be the same concept they might not actually be the same character if you get what i mean lol.


__________________

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 08:08 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gregory
International Sex Symbol

Gender: Male
Location: United States

quote:
Theres no evidence whatsoever to claim that the Lucifer title is part of the Dc continuity ... None of the DC heroes have been featured in the title


Lucifer is a character from Gaiman's Sandman, which includes at various points the Martian Manhunter, Dr. Destiny, the demon Etirgan, Batman, and Mr. Miracle, and is therefore in DC continuity.

Edit: I just remembered that Lucifer appears briefly in Ennis' Demon series, which wasn't Vertigo.


__________________
"Men curse the Communist Party, but eventually it may release them. If hell were endless, then God would be worse than our Secret Police."--Pastor Valentin

Last edited by Gregory on Jan 10th, 2006 at 09:40 PM

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 09:26 PM
Gregory is currently offline Click here to Send Gregory a Private Message Find more posts by Gregory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Gregory
Lucifer is a character from Gaiman's Sandman, which includes at various points the Martian Manhunter, Dr. Destiny, the demon Etirgan, Batman, and Mr. Miracle, and is therefore in DC continuity.

Edit: I just remembered that Lucifer appears briefly in Ennis' Demon series, which wasn't Vertigo.


I know that we all know that, the point is the title Lucifer hasnt featured any DC hero in whatsoever, makes no reference to there having been a multiverse, the departure of Yahweh has had cataclysmic effects across the Presences creation (which would be the main DC universe if if was in continuity) and yet none of this has been referred to in any DC comic ive read. Similarly Infinite Crisis hasnt been mentioned or had any discernible effect on the main creation (which would be the main DC universe) in the Lucifer title. With all that in mind the Lucifer series is not in continuity. It may have the Lucifer character but that character is being used in a seperate non canon title.


__________________

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 10:51 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location:

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Juntai
Probably.

Has he ever done it?

She had his powers and all and his astral form was immune. It was even explained that he was immune because he was a ghost, a shell.

Dr.Strange goes into astral form and owns Spectre 10/10.


__________________

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 10:55 PM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United Kingdom

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
I know that we all know that, the point is the title Lucifer hasnt featured any DC hero in whatsoever, makes no reference to there having been a multiverse, the departure of Yahweh has had cataclysmic effects across the Presences creation (which would be the main DC universe if if was in continuity) and yet none of this has been referred to in any DC comic ive read. Similarly Infinite Crisis hasnt been mentioned or had any discernible effect on the main creation (which would be the main DC universe) in the Lucifer title. With all that in mind the Lucifer series is not in continuity. It may have the Lucifer character but that character is being used in a seperate non canon title.


Agreed ....

Your previous reasoning is flawed though .... Sandman (For Gaimans run) has appeared as recently as the last JSA title.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 11:00 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Agreed ....

Your previous reasoning is flawed though .... Sandman (For Gaimans run) has appeared as recently as the last JSA title.


True. I shouldnt have generalised it and said Vertigo as opposed to Lucifer which is what i meant as you could tell from my last post.


__________________

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 11:10 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United Kingdom

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
True. I shouldnt have generalised it and said Vertigo as opposed to Lucifer which is what i meant as you could tell from my last post.


Indeed ...

D.C. would have there work cut out following the continuity of ALL there separate chains !

And surely without God, there is no Vengeance of God, who is a vital part of the story !

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 11:15 PM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Gender: Male
Location: United Kingdom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by R.O.T. Yahman
Indeed ...

D.C. would have there work cut out following the continuity of ALL there separate chains !

And surely without God, there is no Vengeance of God, who is a vital part of the story !


Precisely!! Theres hope for you yet wink


__________________

Old Post Jan 10th, 2006 11:16 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 03:01 PM.
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Comic Books » Day of vengeance

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.